2023-2024 Michigan

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like all of us have interviews at some good schools, so I find it funny how we still collectively come here every Monday hoping to get an II 🤣
Speak for yourself, only other school I got an interview at put more Hitlers on the scoreboard than points in their last football game...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah another Michigan Monday…..
Walking Dead Laughing GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who interviewed, how did the MMI go? Anything in particular you wish you had prepared better for?
 
Obviously can't share details, but I had so much fun in their MMI. I find MMIs really stressful generally, but theirs I legitimately was able to relax and enjoy. Try not to stress about it too much. They really try to put you at ease. Also remember you're not competing against anyone else for a spot. If you make it to interview, they are just trying to decide if you and UMich are mutual fits for each other. They have a very high post-II rate, so it's not like other schools where only 1 out of 5 interviewees get in. If you do well and so do the people you're in the MMI with, you can all get it. Just get through it together and have fun. If you want to prepare, their website has lots of useful information that will give you a sense about what the school cares about. Good luck!
Thank you so much! Can't tell you how much this improves my mental health haha
 
The best thing about an II from Michigan is you immediately know you have an 80 percent chance of going to a T20 school.

But waiting to find out if you are in the 20 percent who don't get in is torture!
From what I have heard, if you do well (not even great) in the interview you should get the A (all speculation though but the numbers support this)
 
From what I have heard, if you do well (not even great) in the interview you should get the A (all speculation though but the numbers support this)
That’s not necessarily true. In my feedback appointment I was told all my interviewers loved me and I scored high on all the MMI stations, but I was placed in the low tier on the waitlist. N and of one obviously and is only my experience though.
 
That’s not necessarily true. In my feedback appointment I was told all my interviewers loved me and I scored high on all the MMI stations, but I was placed in the low tier on the waitlist. N and of one obviously and is only my experience though.
hmmm really weird, I wonder what their reason was then. Anyways, their loss
 
sorry to ask the same question again here lol, but has anyone submitted an update on the portal and if so, did the portal show any indication of submission?
 
According to LizzyM's staircase analogy they may just not have been competitive enough compared to the other applicants going into the interview unfortunately.
Yeah sadly my MCAT is a couple points below their average which doesn’t help. Only reason I think I got the interview is the research I’ve done here. The resources the campus has are incredible and I know I can push a breakthrough to clinical trials for developmental disability if I go here, which is why I want it so bad.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know but I don’t know what it means if my LM score is 74
read lower on the LizzyM calculator page and it will give you an estimate of what % of applicants with your stats get accepted.
Overall applicant pool 40% chance of acceptance and higher stats help increase your odds
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad