2023-2024 Michigan

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if they accept of the WL at all during the cycle? Saw somewhere they generally accept ~22/80 from the waitlist

Got WLd last month and still love the school
 
Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Does anybody know how Michigan views pre-II letters of interest? I know it probably holds very little weight, but this program is my dream, and I want to make every effort reasonable to get an interview.
Send an update letter instead and in the starting paragraph just mention that this is your first choice program and intend to go if accepted. Then go into all the things you’ve been doing since and how it will fit with the schools mission.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, according to their website, they averaged 275 OOS offers per 343 OOS interviews over the past 5 years, so around 80% post-II acceptance rate OOS. It doesn't say how many were admitted directly versus deferred or waitlisted though.
Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My caller said the email wouldn't come until Monday so maybe the portal is the same?

She also said that they have the option to call anytime between Friday and Sunday so if you haven't gotten a call tonight, don't lose hope!!
Thank you for this!! My mind went completely blank during my call so all I could think to say was thank you like a million times 🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If they didn’t send you an email about waitlist or rejection you’ll most likely be getting the A call this weekend at some point. Emails go out for those the same Friday or earlier usually.
I hope!! I interviewed 10/26 so Idk if Im even in this batch. Just gotta wait and distract myself I guess