-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tmdsastradapplicant
Full Member
Congrats! How far out are they scheduling?IS II this morning!!! I am so excited esp since I did not think they were still giving out IIs! Any tips from folks who have already interviewed??
EC24hopeful
Full Member
they had 2/2 and 2/7 availableCongrats! How far out are they scheduling?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheDono63rd
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send a LOI by any chance?Was on CR friday but got in today!!! actually in shock rn haha -- thought for sure i was rejected -- i am a white male with pretty much nothing noteworthy on my resume besides d1 football, not to mention very little clinical experience and an LM of 69 🤣 So happy and relieved rn
NYC’s Beth Israel Hospital to Close in July After Years of Losses
Mount Sinai Medical Center has set the closing of its Beth Israel campus for July 12 following years of financial struggles.
How will Mount Sinai Beth Israel closing down this July impact us future medical students?
Will we be at a disadvantage?
![]()
NYC’s Beth Israel Hospital to Close in July After Years of Losses
Mount Sinai Medical Center has set the closing of its Beth Israel campus for July 12 following years of financial struggles.www.bloomberg.com
How will Mount Sinai Beth Israel closing down this July impact us future medical students?
Will we be at a disadvantage?
Nah it won’t matter
Might have been a fake acc. Be wary lolCongrats! Did you send a LOI by any chance?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Pause how do you knowMight have been a fake acc. Be wary lol
bumping thisAnybody make an accepted students group chat?
Cause the guy went full troll in the UCLA thread. Apparently was spewing hateful stuff.Pause how do you know
Pre II R this wednesday
complete 7/10 and complete silence...
I'd wait for the admissions office to make an official oneHello everyone just made a groupme chat for accepted students.
Feel free to join!
You're invited to my new group 'ISMMS class of 2028 Accepted students chat' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
oh I didn't know they make one. I'll delete it then.I'd wait for the admissions office to make an official one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if they do, I would reach out and ask if they could. Just speaking from personal experience where applicant made group chats become weird really fast. And it's already been shown we have some trolls among us in these threadsoh I didn't know they make one. I'll delete it then.
TrueI don't know if they do, I would reach out and ask if they could. Just speaking from personal experience where applicant made group chats become weird really fast. And it's already been shown we have some trolls among us in these threads
Deleted it just to be safe
I had a dream last night where I got an II here. Hopefully that means something good 🤣
I had a dream last night where I got an II here. Hopefully that means something good 🤣
I'm hoping you hit 20 IIs
You might have some magic in your words cause I just got an II today 🤣 (not to Icahn though)I'm hoping you hit 20 IIs
Bro spill the tea. Where big man. 🧐🧐🧐🧐You might have some magic in your words cause I just got an II today 🤣 (not to Icahn though)
TheDono63rd
Full Member
Anyone know about how the school perceives intent letters? Thinking of sending one...dream school 4 me.
Drainnn
Full Member
said sometime this week? Atleast info this week.For accepted students, do we know when the MD Need-Based Application is going to open?
Also, seems that everywhere is going to be delayed or we all may be kinda screwed with limited time to weigh packages at different schools. FAFSA this year will now BEGIN processing mid-March, and the AAMC rule is that we can only hold 3 acceptances on and after April 15th. I really hope there is a fast turnaround with FAFSA and school aid offices.said sometime this week? Atleast info this week.
Last edited:
I actually submitted a letter of intent post interview and got in! (Was also a reach school with me for mCAT)Anyone know about how the school perceives intent letters? Thinking of sending one...dream school 4 me.
Tbh making an unofficial accepted student groupme is fine. The flexmedders made one of those. I don't think it's too serious.
I'm curious:
Other than the location, what makes Mount Sinai an option y'all are seriously considering?
Other than the location, what makes Mount Sinai an option y'all are seriously considering?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The logoI'm curious:
Other than the location, what makes Mount Sinai an option y'all are seriously considering?
D
deleted1143918
They have one thing really going for them - there's a >0% chance they'll accept meI'm curious:
Other than the location, what makes Mount Sinai an option y'all are seriously considering?
mercurygills
Full Member
IS II just now!! Complete mid-September. There’s still a little hope out there y’all😭
IS II dream school holy ****
LM76 complete 7/23
LM76 complete 7/23
+1 lolSinai pls I beg u for an interview
onwardsandupwards468
Full Member
Haha me too… still haven’t heard anything from themGuess I missed the last wave of interviews
Hello! For those of us who were “deferred” post II, when can we expect to hear back final decisions? Can’t seem to figure it out from prior threads
based on prior threads, some people will get in during the next acceptance waves (in Feb and March) but the majority will get waitlisted in March. waitlist movement begins in May.Hello! For those of us who were “deferred” post II, when can we expect to hear back final decisions? Can’t seem to figure it out from prior threads
Good to know! Thank you!based on prior threads, some people will get in during the next acceptance waves (in Feb and March) but the majority will get waitlisted in March. waitlist movement begins in May.
i think i forgot to post but OOS pre-II R on 1/25! good luck everyone
Bizarre_Animation
Full Member
Right now its house exams I believe. Unsure about the new curriculumDoes anyone know if Sinai does house exams or NBME style exams?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure, but the dean mentioned they were taking measures to align their curriculum more with STEPDoes anyone know if Sinai does house exams or NBME style exams?
I believe NBME style for the new curriculum.Does anyone know if Sinai does house exams or NBME style exams?
any accepted students get their financial aid portal log in yet? email said last week but nada
I believe NBME style for the new curriculum.
Thank you for your response! Do you know where you heard this from? I’m trying to learn more about the new curriculum but all I can find is that it’s going to shift to 1.5 pre-clinical years. I want to know if they’ll still keep non-mandatory/recorded lectures etc.