2023-2024 Northwestern (Feinberg)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had my interview. The number of Harvard and Johns Hopkins students in that Zoom meeting makes me cry 😭😭
Fr 95% of the other students at all my interviews were from like T10 undergrads. Not making me feel great about my chances at any of em
 
Fr 95% of the other students at all my interviews were from like T10 undergrads. Not making me feel great about my chances at any of em
I mean I’m from a T20 so I’m not an underdog here but once you’re at the interview stage it’s less about where you went and more about what you did. You just have more opportunities at top schools.
 
I mean I’m from a T20 so I’m not an underdog here but once you’re at the interview stage it’s less about where you went and more about what you did. You just have more opportunities at top schools.
Yeah definitely true and I'm from a solid state school but it's just making me realize how insanely qualified the applicant pool is and how unlikely I am to get an A at these top programs despite the statistics theoretically being in my favor. But I also have gotten very little love from my mid-tier schools on my list so it's gonna be T20 or bust unless my UVA WL works out lmao
 
Yeah definitely true and I'm from a solid state school but it's just making me realize how insanely qualified the applicant pool is and how unlikely I am to get an A at these top programs despite the statistics theoretically being in my favor. But I also have gotten very little love from my mid-tier schools on my list so it's gonna be T20 or bust unless my UVA WL works out lmao
Don't worry bro, your IIs have been top 1 percent of applicants man. I went to SDSU (lol) and I pulled through past the HYPMS homies. It's all about rizzing in the interview stage.
 
Don't worry bro, your IIs have been top 1 percent of applicants man. I went to SDSU (lol) and I pulled through past the HYPMS homies. It's all about rizzing in the interview stage.
SDSU goated w that March Madness cinderella run last year rip my first-round exit hoos
Hopefully my rizz is adequate <3 FSM pls accept me
 
I’d really love to attend the town hall tonight but I’m not sure if I can because I’ll be at work. Any idea if it’s mandatory, or if they provide recordings?

Wish I could make a good impression and show that I care but unfortunately I’ll be at work 🙁
 
I’d really love to attend the town hall tonight but I’m not sure if I can because I’ll be at work. Any idea if it’s mandatory, or if they provide recordings?

Wish I could make a good impression and show that I care but unfortunately I’ll be at work 🙁
99% sure attending the town hall has zero effect on your admissions decision, and they have recordings available! If you go to the AMP portal, under the Interview tab --> Applicant Resources, you can see recordings of the Oct-Nov town halls. They were super helpful!
 
99% sure attending the town hall has zero effect on your admissions decision, and they have recordings available! If you go to the AMP portal, under the Interview tab --> Applicant Resources, you can see recordings of the Oct-Nov town halls. They were super helpful!

Okay thank you for calming my neuroticism and for the information! I'll watch the recordings then 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im in the same spot as you, similar LM, no A yet, and submitted an intent letter to NU
Lol same here too. Anyone know how many spots they gave out in December? I feel like a "small number" of acceptances can range anywhere from 30 to like 100💀
 
When I asked an adcom about this they emphasized that it really is a very small number of A's relative to March (idk an exact number)
Was accepted in November but recall admissions emphasizing this during my interview as well. Most people get deferred and accepted in March!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they offer medical campus tours at any point or is it just the second look days? I love everything about FSM and I'd like to see it in person, but I have prior commitments on 4/11-4/12.
 
Does Feinberg prefer its own undergrad students? I feel like every other interviewee and student went to Northwestern for undergrad