2023-2024 Northwestern (Feinberg)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who attended last week's town hall/have an upcoming town hall registration, how far in advance are you supposed to receive a link for it? I can't find anything right now
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When can we expect the first wave of acceptances? Also, has anyone else noticed the “admissions” tab on their portal? I've heard from a few people who saw it appear after their interviews.
 
When can we expect the first wave of acceptances? Also, has anyone else noticed the “admissions” tab on their portal? I've heard from a few people who saw it appear after their interviews.
I think December 1st, and I’m pretty sure that admissions tab was always there, even before interview
 
I think December 1st, and I’m pretty sure that admissions tab was always there, even before interview
When can we expect the first wave of acceptances? Also, has anyone else noticed the “admissions” tab on their portal? I've heard from a few people who saw it appear after their interviews.
Can confirm it has been there from the beginning (no II, but I have it)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently so on December 1st
I know last year it was December 1st, but if I remember right in my interview day I think they just said early December. Maybe someone from other interview days can confirm a more exact date/updated info?
 
I know last year it was December 1st, but if I remember right in my interview day I think they just said early December. Maybe someone from other interview days can confirm a more exact date/updated info?
+1, can confirm we were also told early Dec without a specific date.
 
They told me early December I am just betting my money on December 1st because it has historically been one of the dates and it's a Friday
 
Does Northwestern accept Letter of interest/intent pre II?? I don't have much to update since I am doing research so it has been pretty stagnant working towards a pub, but other than that nothing else. I want to show interest because it is my top choice!
 
Does Northwestern accept Letter of interest/intent pre II?? I don't have much to update since I am doing research so it has been pretty stagnant working towards a pub, but other than that nothing else. I want to show interest because it is my top choice!
Doesn't hurt to send one, maybe you can send an update with extra hours or talk about anything you're working towards, while indicating that FSM is your top choice afterwards. I sent one Pre-II and then got an interview (but not sure if they are correlated).
 
Doesn't hurt to send one, maybe you can send an update with extra hours or talk about anything you're working towards, while indicating that FSM is your top choice afterwards. I sent one Pre-II and then got an interview (but not sure if they are correlated).
Was your update research-based?
 
Doesn't hurt to send one, maybe you can send an update with extra hours or talk about anything you're working towards, while indicating that FSM is your top choice afterwards. I sent one Pre-II and then got an interview (but not sure if they are correlated).
how soon after the letter did you get an II?
 
Does Northwestern accept Letter of interest/intent pre II?? I don't have much to update since I am doing research so it has been pretty stagnant working towards a pub, but other than that nothing else. I want to show interest because it is my top choice!
I think there's no reason not to do it at this point in the cycle. I know it might seem "annoying" or "unnecessary just be patient" from the POV of the admissions officer, but I think if you keep it a brief 3 paragraphs and have some semi-high value updates its better than sending nothing at all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There should be an admission decision by Friday, 12/1 for early interviewees right?
Not necessarily. They said early December but didn’t specify an exact date. December 1 is just people speculating (unless they provided new info at later interview dates). Most early interviewees will also be deferred and only a small amount of acceptances are released this batch.
 
Not necessarily. They said early December but didn’t specify an exact date. December 1 is just people speculating (unless they provided new info at later interview dates). Most early interviewees will also be deferred and only a small amount of acceptances are released this batch.
It looks like previous cycles have always been either Nov 30th or Dec 1st for the first round of decisions, so while Friday is not a guarantee, it feels like a pretty safe bet.