-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
shortvanilla
Full Member
I sent one in early December, and I interviewed in early November. I might have heard that these updates/LOI are helpful as the committee meets to make decisions on applicants!Should I send a post II update/interest letter now before decisions in Feb or wait in case I get waitlisted?? Not sure which is more impactful
I interviewed end of October 😅 do you think it’s too late at this point or still send?I sent one in early December, and I interviewed in early November. I might have heard that these updates/LOI are helpful as the committee meets to make decisions on applicants!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dontcrampyourstyle
Full Member
I just sent a letter of intent and interviewed end of October. My thought process was that they probably have giant meetings discussing many of the applicants close to the release dateI interviewed end of October 😅 do you think it’s too late at this point or still send?
Also sending my LOI tomorrow, interviewed 10/13 and applied for the PCAT program.
I believe the interview season for Pitt is done on 1/12
I believe the interview season for Pitt is done on 1/12
If there is any student here, can you please answer this question. I hear that students are required to come to class at 8 am (till 12 pm). Do students have to be in lectures for this, or can they just be at the library, doing research etc? Like how strict is the attendance?
If there is any student here, can you please answer this question. I hear that students are required to come to class at 8 am (till 12 pm). Do students have to be in lectures for this, or can they just be at the library, doing research etc? Like how strict is the attendance?
I’m pretty sure there’s required activities in the mornings at 8 AM like PBL and stuff. What you’re talking about sounds like independent learning which Pitt gives to students most afternoons and I doubt there’s attendance for that.
So absolutely no classes and activities in the afternoons? Not even labs?I’m pretty sure there’s required activities in the mornings at 8 AM like PBL and stuff. What you’re talking about sounds like independent learning which Pitt gives to students most afternoons and I doubt there’s attendance for that.
So absolutely no classes and activities in the afternoons? Not even labs?
This might be outdated but as you can see you’ll have IL most afternoons but not all of them.
If it’s still available I highly recommend the curriculum info session bc they talk about it more in detail and it’s prob more accurate.
ChacoHiker
Full Member
Does anyone know when the next round of PSTP interviews might go out?
D
deleted1161377
Does Pitt value pre-decision letters of interest or letters of intent? I'm considering sending one but am not sure if they will move the needle at all
So from what I heard from a current student is that pitt really cares about their yield so I’m just gonna send one and hope for the best 😂Does Pitt value pre-decision letters of interest or letters of intent? I'm considering sending one but am not sure if they will move the needle at all
Welp the interview cycle is officially over for Pitt. Almost a month away from decisions [emoji1487]
shortvanilla
Full Member
Yes, admissions emailed me back like 20 minutes after sending my letter.Did anyone get confirmation after sending post II letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent one in November and did not get an email confirmation but it shows up in my documents under the “Application Status” tab on the portal.Did anyone get confirmation after sending post II letter?
Bizarre_Animation
Full Member
I also got confirmation soon after sending itDid anyone get confirmation after sending post II letter?
Welp I just realized I sent it on MLK day so that’s my own faultYes, admissions emailed me back like 20 minutes after sending my letter.
I sent one in November and did not get an email confirmation but it shows up in my documents under the “Application Status” tab on the portal.
+1 I never got a confirmation email after sending an update in October, but it did get attached to my portal.
Did anyone get confirmation after sending post II letter?
I got a confirmation a few days later. I sent it December 29th (they were out of the office) and they responded on January 2nd
We’re officially one month away from hearing back from Pitt you guys [emoji3060]. How are we feeling?
ilovepinkpantheress
Full Member
We’re officially one month away from hearing back from Pitt you guys [emoji3060]. How are we feeling?
We’re officially one month away from hearing back from Pitt you guys [emoji3060]. How are we feeling?
Stressed but excited lol
Late February/early March is gonna be a crazy couple of weeksWe’re officially one month away from hearing back from Pitt you guys [emoji3060]. How are we feeling?
We’re officially one month away from hearing back from Pitt you guys [emoji3060]. How are we feeling?
I didn’t even realize that’s so wild. I can’t think about it lol [emoji854]
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
We’re officially one month away from hearing back from Pitt you guys [emoji3060]. How are we feeling?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
They said Feb 17 at the latest, I wonder if there's a chance we'll hear back soonerWe’re officially one month away from hearing back from Pitt you guys [emoji3060]. How are we feeling?
dontcrampyourstyle
Full Member
the thought of them telling us earlier makes me sick to my stomach... I'm so nervous about hearing backThey said Feb 17 at the latest, I wonder if there's a chance we'll hear back sooner
Bropro
Full Member
Yeah they made a point to tell us that it could come out earlier and feb 16 was just the absolute latest lol 🤢🤮They said Feb 17 at the latest, I wonder if there's a chance we'll hear back sooner
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hasn't it been 1/31 in past yearsYeah they made a point to tell us that it could come out earlier and feb 16 was just the absolute latest lol 🤢🤮
Hasn't it been 1/31 in past years
When I went on the website it said starting Feb 16th but honestly since they finished interview last Friday I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.
They said Feb 17 at the latest, I wonder if there's a chance we'll hear back sooner
Wait really? When I interviewed they said Feb 16th. I’m not complaining if it comes earlier though [emoji23]
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
would LOVE to hear back sooner. prior threads talk abt a portal change a few days before decisions were released 🙈They said Feb 17 at the latest, I wonder if there's a chance we'll hear back sooner
Hasn't it been 1/31 in past years
1/31 is crazy but I wouldn’t complain if I knew earlier haha
I'm not sleeping much from Feb 1 to March 15feeling very this meme
View attachment 381136
You got this king. I know you’re gonna get into plenty of your top choices 🙂I'm not sleeping much from Feb 1 to March 15
I'm not sleeping much from Feb 1 to March 15
Why those specific dates? (Sorry I’m just confused [emoji28])
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Most T20s release decisions around that timeWhy those specific dates? (Sorry I’m just confused [emoji28])
Waiting on decisions from several schools that release within that timespan!Why those specific dates? (Sorry I’m just confused [emoji28])
oatmilkplease
Full Member
just out of curiosity...
does everyone see "_____ is only available to admitted applicants" under the "Campus Visit" and "Required Forms" tab?
does everyone see "_____ is only available to admitted applicants" under the "Campus Visit" and "Required Forms" tab?
Yep 👍🏽just out of curiosity...
does everyone see "_____ is only available to admitted applicants" under the "Campus Visit" and "Required Forms" tab?
Most T20s release decisions around that time
Fingers crossed for the beginning of February instead then cause I want to know ASAP [emoji88]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting on decisions from several schools that release within that timespan!
Do we know if they have a history of releasing decisions earlier?
Maybe I'm getting a confused but when I got my interview from them I was reviewing the SDN interview feedback and someone complained that they should release decisions on a rolling basis instead of at once on 1/31. And someone on my interview day told me January 31st so I figured that was their one time decision day. Sounds like since then it's been moved to February 16thDo we know if they have a history of releasing decisions earlier?
Maybe I'm getting a confused but when I got my interview from them I was reviewing the SDN interview feedback and someone complained that they should release decisions on a rolling basis instead of at once on 1/31. And someone on my interview day told me January 31st so I figured that was their one time decision day. Sounds like since then it's been moved to February 16th
Yeah I think they do release all in one day. Was it one of the faculty members or student interviewers? I feel like we were told different things I guess [emoji88]
I think it was my student but it's been several months :/Yeah I think they do release all in one day. Was it one of the faculty members or student interviewers? I feel like we were told different things I guess [emoji88]
I think it was my student but it's been several months :/
Ah okay that’s okay! I’m sure things will still work out the way they are supposed to [emoji16]