-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interesting, mine is still listed as MD interview scheduled, tho I interviewed recently hahaI don't know how long ago this happened, but status changed from "MD interview scheduled" to "Your MD application is complete and under review"
Pitt is making decisions, and things are moving!!! SO scary.
I don't know how long ago this happened, but status changed from "MD interview scheduled" to "Your MD application is complete and under review"
Pitt is making decisions, and things are moving!!! SO scary.
Mine has said that for a little over a month now—I interviewed in November!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChacoHiker
Full Member
Does anyone know if they are still sending out PSTP interviews?
also wondering this :/Does anyone know if they are still sending out PSTP interviews?
always_hungry
Full Member
if we sent an update to the upsom email, where can we see it updated on the admissions portal?
I don't know how long ago this happened, but status changed from "MD interview scheduled" to "Your MD application is complete and under review"
Pitt is making decisions, and things are moving!!! SO scary.
Was this in the interview management tab?
Mine has said that for a little over a month now—I interviewed in November!
Was this in the interview tab ?
Ya what’s the deal with PSTP… are interviews still being sent?also wondering this :/
Was this in the interview tab ?
It’s in the application status tab
if we sent an update to the upsom email, where can we see it updated on the admissions portal?
Application status at the bottom under “documents”
strangething
Full Member
Sorry, I'm late to the convo - but their website says February 16th and that looks pretty firm to me Request RejectedYeah I think they do release all in one day. Was it one of the faculty members or student interviewers? I feel like we were told different things I guess [emoji88]
Also Cycletrack corroborates, last year decisions were released on February 17th
Pittsburgh
CycleTrack is a free system for tracking and visualizing medical school applications while crowdsourcing data to make admissions more transparent.
So, don't get too stressed out waiting a decision through early February that's probably not going to come
Sorry, I'm late to the convo - but their website says February 16th and that looks pretty firm to me Request Rejected
Also Cycletrack corroborates, last year decisions were released on February 17th
Pittsburgh
CycleTrack is a free system for tracking and visualizing medical school applications while crowdsourcing data to make admissions more transparent.cycletrack.org
So, don't get too stressed out waiting a decision through early February that's probably not going to come
Yeah that’s what I figured. That’s why I was confused by what was being said cause I know I was told Feb 16th so that’s what I’m expecting [emoji88]
Just got an email asking about the English requirement. Did anyone else get a clarification question from Pitt about coursework? I told them I would send in documentation re my transcript but they told me it wasn’t necessary. Just want to know if others had this happen and what y’all did!
bro/bra they are getting ready to accept u that's whyJust got an email asking about the English requirement. Did anyone else get a clarification question from Pitt about coursework? I told them I would send in documentation re my transcript but they told me it wasn’t necessary. Just want to know if others had this happen and what y’all did!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea this seems like a really good sign for u tbhJust got an email asking about the English requirement. Did anyone else get a clarification question from Pitt about coursework? I told them I would send in documentation re my transcript but they told me it wasn’t necessary. Just want to know if others had this happen and what y’all did!
So nervous mannn.... interviewed on Halloween.... faculty interview was a bit rough if I remember correctly.... many questions that caught me off guard. Shout-out to the cohort I interviewed with tho... ya'll were some cool people.
We got this. I interview 10/13. Im hoping these next weeks fly by so I know where I’m going [emoji88]
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Pitt where decisions 😩
Pitt where decisions [emoji30]
I think they come out Feb 16th unless someone’s knows something else [emoji88]
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
iirc they said "by feb 16th" so i was hoping it'd be earlier but probs not tbh 🙁 not knowing sucksI think they come out Feb 16th unless someone’s knows something else [emoji88]
iirc they said "by feb 16th" so i was hoping it'd be earlier but probs not tbh 🙁 not knowing sucks
Oooooooooo that does makes sense. Who knows honestly
shortvanilla
Full Member
PCAT decision timeline emailed received!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
when do decisions come out for PCAT?PCAT decision timeline emailed received!
PCAT decision timeline emailed received!
+1 I’m so excited cause we should hear back after next week for II’s
when do decisions come out for PCAT?
So the PCAT application closes Feb 1st so they said the residency programs involved have to meet and then send II’s for those they choose. Each program has their own interview date.
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
gotcha! that's super exciting!! best of luck 🙂 @kaleidoscope1202 @shortvanillaSo the PCAT application closes Feb 1st so they said the residency programs involved have to meet and then send II’s for those they choose. Each program has their own interview date.
For those who applied to PCAT, who received the email about the timeline?
Me, but my PCAT application status still has not changed. Has anyone else's? Also, given the timeline, wouldn't it make sense that decisions come earlier than the 16th since it would not make sense to invite applicants who were rejected? I know nothing haha, just curious.For those who applied to PCAT, who received the email about the timeline?
Last edited:
ChacoHiker
Full Member
Does anyone know whether PSTP update letters should be sent to a different location than the regular MD update letters? Or does the MD update letter get put into both applications?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me, but my PCAT application status still has not changed after submitting it like a week ago. Has anyone else's? Also, given the timeline, wouldn't it make sense that decisions come earlier than the 16th since it would not make sense to invite applicants who were rejected? I know nothing haha, just curious.
Honestly I don’t understand either. The peds program interviews at the end of February so I don’t even know what’s going on [emoji88]
PSTP update letters can be sent to [email protected] , and they responded mentioning it would added to your file.Does anyone know whether PSTP update letters should be sent to a different location than the regular MD update letters? Or does the MD update letter get put into both applications?
ChacoHiker
Full Member
okay perfect, is it best to send one to EACH program (as in, should we send one to MD and a separate one to PSTP), or do they each see the ones we send to the other program as well?PSTP update letters can be sent to [email protected] , and they responded mentioning it would added to your file.
shortvanilla
Full Member
Did you apply for peds, med or fam med?Me, but my PCAT application status still has not changed after submitting it like a week ago. Has anyone else's? Also, given the timeline, wouldn't it make sense that decisions come earlier than the 16th since it would not make sense to invite applicants who were rejected? I know nothing haha, just curious.
did anyone get confirmation that their update letter was added to their file? I sent to [email protected]
did anyone get confirmation that their update letter was added to their file? I sent to [email protected]
Seems like it’s been 50/50 on whether people got a confirmation email or not. Def check your portal.
i will dm u!Did you apply for peds, med or fam med?
nbwaterman
Full Member
every morning i wake up with my pants soiled bc of the anxiety of hearing back from this school 🙈🙈🙈
every morning i wake up with my pants soiled bc of the anxiety of hearing back from this school [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]
Don’t worry. We got two more weeks [emoji1783]
Don’t worry. We got two more weeks [emoji1783]
That seems so far right now [emoji24]
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
every morning i wake up with my pants soiled bc of the anxiety of hearing back from this school [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]
Yall be for real [emoji23][emoji23]
Yall be for real [emoji23][emoji23]
What’s wrong [emoji88]?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
What’s wrong [emoji88]?
I was laughing at the “every morning I wake up with my pants soiled” lol
I was laughing at the “every morning I wake up with my pants soiled” lol
Ohhhhh my fault [emoji88]
Any else excited to also find out if there PCAT application will result in an interview soon?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How you all planning on staying busy these next few weeks 😱😱 Ill be binge watching harry potter + breaking bad again every second i'm not working lol
Breaking bad is seriously GOATED [emoji1490]
After Breaking Bad you should watch Better Call Saul 🙂How you all planning on staying busy these next few weeks 😱😱 Ill be binge watching harry potter + breaking bad again every second i'm not working lol
After Breaking Bad you should watch Better Call Saul 🙂
Also another GOATED show [emoji1490]