You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats my guy! I also completed my secondary on 7/20 and certainly wouldn't mind a UPitt interview lolOOS II received! No research, 506 mcat, super surprised! Completed secondary 7/20 🙂
medicine_lyfe
Full Member
Thank you! And I’m rooting for you, you got this!! 🫂Congrats my guy! I also completed my secondary on 7/20 and certainly wouldn't mind a UPitt interview lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pandapremed
Full Member
OOS II received! No research, 506 mcat, super surprised! Completed secondary 7/20 🙂
Woohoo congrats! Similar stats so also hoping for one!
7/10congrats! can I ask which day were you complete?
shortvanilla
Full Member
I have similar stats. 504 but very extensive research background. Submitted secondary today! So excited for you, and this lights some hope for me!OOS II received! No research, 506 mcat, super surprised! Completed secondary 7/20 🙂
aightmanokay
Full Member
Ngl this comment just made me add Pitt to my school list even though I got verified a month ago. Might as well shoot my shot with similar stats.OOS II received! No research, 506 mcat, super surprised! Completed secondary 7/20 🙂
medicine_lyfe
Full Member
Thank you guys for all of the support, and I'm wishing everyone the best of luck throughout this!!
OOS Interview Received!
Congrats!!! When were you complete?OOS Interview Received!
I think 7/05Congrats!!! When were you complete?
MDwannabe01
Full Member
OOS II invite received!
wait did you receive one today or Monday?OOS Interview Received!
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
I think 7/05
last time u said 7/10??
Sorry, the first time was probably rightlast time u said 7/10??
Sorry, the first time was probably right
Probably?[emoji88][emoji23]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondaries came out 7/10 so probably that
Maybe @larynxrhinnorhea commented in the wrong school's chat? They commented II received this past Monday too
II OOS [emoji38]
When was your secondary completed?II OOS [emoji38]
I am sorry for all the confusion. My secondary application was submitted 7/13 and I received my interview on the 30th. I am applying to a lot of schools and got it confused, sorry!When was your secondary completed?
When was your secondary completed?
Completed 7/15
Careful-Classroom
Full Member
Homie must be an absolutely generational writer, that's incredibleOOS II received! No research, 506 mcat, super surprised! Completed secondary 7/20 🙂
A god among mere mortals, beholdOOS II received! No research, 498 mcat, 3.2 gpa, Completed secondary 7/10
Congratulations man!!!
AggravatingPlate
New Member
A god among mere mortals, behold
Congratulations man!!!
Bro are people just lying? His past sdn posts say he got an interview days ago with a 3.6 and 519
Welcome to the internet! No fact checker, no problem!Bro are people just lying? His past sdn posts say he got an interview days ago with a 3.6 and 519
And here I was excited for someone else having a huge opportunity ಠ︵ಠBro are people just lying? His past sdn posts say he got an interview days ago with a 3.6 and 519
That's so lousy to do if that's really what they did
Let's goo Patrick!!II OOS [emoji38]
IS II Received!! 514, 3.87, secondary completed 7/19
Wait where. All I see is him saying the same 506 stat. he did like a post of someone else getting an II at West Virginia? That might be the confusionBro are people just lying? His past sdn posts say he got an interview days ago with a 3.6 and 519
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The person with a 506 is legit, the one with a 498 is not it seemsWait where. All I see is him saying the same 506 stat. he did like a post of someone else getting an II at West Virginia? That might be the confusion
lol oof. i didn't see it cus i guess he deleted his post LOLThe person with a 506 is legit, the one with a 498 is not it seems
medicine_lyfe
Full Member
I honestly don’t think I’m that good of a writer, but thank you 😭 I do feel like I really showed that I wanted to attend UPittHomie must be an absolutely generational writer, that's incredible
And if any of the mods want me to verify my stats & my no research EC, I would be glad to. I don’t condone people lying either (like the guy who said he had a 498…)
Has anybody had a problem with the "additional details page" on the secondary? The page will not save my responses and it has prevented me from submitting for several days - Ive called IT to no avail. I have tried different browsers, different devices, networks, and cleared my cookies. Specifically it wont save my answers to question 7 & 8 about military service 🙁
Does anyone know if interviewing earlier is a good sign for this school? I was looking at old threads and saw they waitlist a lot of people so I just want to be prepared for anything. Also any Pitt med students who have advice to give will be greatly appreciated [emoji1783]
Advice I've heard from current students is that Pitt interviews are very conversational and an unexpected (at least to me) point that seems to come up a lot is why you are specifically interested in going to school in Pittsburgh. So be ready to talk about the city, not just the institution. Just what I've heard from other students there
And of course it is a very research focused school so be ready to talk about both the research you've done and the research you want to do there
And of course it is a very research focused school so be ready to talk about both the research you've done and the research you want to do there
Last edited:
Advice I've heard from current students is that Pitt interviews are very conversational and an unexpected (at least to me) point that seems to come up a lot is why you are specifically interested in going to school in Pittsburgh. So be ready to talk about the city, not just the institution. Just what I've heard from other students there
And of course it is a very research, focused school so be ready to talk about both the research you've done and the restrict you want to do there
Cool thank you [emoji1783]
Yes! What ended up working for me was just answering 7&8 (don’t put in your SSN, supposedly once you put it in the first time, it saves and then disappears so it’s not a security risk) and then saving! I swear I tried saving that page so many times, but the submission page kept saying just 7&8 was missing, so I tried just answering those two and it worked 😅Has anybody had a problem with the "additional details page" on the secondary? The page will not save my responses and it has prevented me from submitting for several days - Ive called IT to no avail. I have tried different browsers, different devices, networks, and cleared my cookies. Specifically it wont save my answers to question 7 & 8 about military service 🙁
additionalrabbit
Full Member
Is anyone else unable to access the zoom links for the informational sessions? I am interviewing 9/21 and selected the "curriculum" info session for today, 9/5. When I click the zoom link (in "interview management" under the secondary app) nothing happens.
Careful-Classroom
Full Member
This may be kind of a snarky response.... but it's 8/5 not 9/5. Could it be that you're trying to access it a month early before it's open?Is anyone else unable to access the zoom links for the informational sessions? I am interviewing 9/21 and selected the "curriculum" info session for today, 9/5. When I click the zoom link (in "interview management" under the secondary app) nothing happens.
additionalrabbit
Full Member
oh my god. thank you for replying before I emailed admissions. what can I say, I'm living in the future!!! no wonder I thought I missed my friend's birthday this morning? my brain is mush from secondaries lolThis may be kind of a snarky response.... but it's 8/5 not 9/5. Could it be that you're trying to access it a month early before it's open?
Careful-Classroom
Full Member
no worries, don't forget to take care of yourselfoh my god. thank you for replying before I emailed admissions. what can I say, I'm living in the future!!! no wonder I thought I missed my friend's birthday this morning? my brain is mush from secondaries lol
For those applying to the PSTP, how much did you write for the faculty member you were interested in? The box is so small so I was thinking only 1-2 sentences, but I could definitely write a lot more reasons for the specific person I chose.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know how they consider applicants for the PSTP program? are you considered for MD first then PSTP? and if you get rejected from PSTP do you still get an MD seat?
They say on their website that each program is considered a separate application and reviewed by different people. So if you are rejected from the PSTP program you could still get a MD acceptance and vice versa. I believe you also have the chance to be accepted into both or rejected from bothdoes anyone know how they consider applicants for the PSTP program? are you considered for MD first then PSTP? and if you get rejected from PSTP do you still get an MD seat?
Careful-Classroom
Full Member
I guess I'll start refreshing my email every 10 minutes on weekends as wellII IS today! 3.9, 514 submitted 07/21
I'm not even IS but I'm gonna compulsively do that as wellI guess I'll start refreshing my email every 10 minutes on weekends as well
purplepanda2001
Full Member
Did anyone have trouble completing the "Additional Details" page of the secondary? For some reason it is the only portion in which clicking "save" or "save and continue" doesn't save my responses. Not sure why this won't go through despite all of the fields being filled!