You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC Riverside
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
whatsupdoc28
Full Member
For question #5: (Optional) If there is anything you would like the committee to consider about your candidacy that is not explained elsewhere in your application, please use this space to tell us.
What are you guys writing ab here? like a COVID essay/explanation of a low MCAT/GPA? Or basically another essay about why you're a good fit for the school?
What are you guys writing ab here? like a COVID essay/explanation of a low MCAT/GPA? Or basically another essay about why you're a good fit for the school?
brazzimamma
Full Member
I honestly think anything is game. For these kinds of questions I’ve been writing about my path as a nontrad.For question #5: (Optional) If there is anything you would like the committee to consider about your candidacy that is not explained elsewhere in your application, please use this space to tell us.
What are you guys writing ab here? like a COVID essay/explanation of a low MCAT/GPA? Or basically another essay about why you're a good fit for the school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was your app verified from before and did you just forward your app to UCR? I am waiting on mine to be verified but I was also going to wait for my new MCAT score, but IDK if I should just submit with my old score ? I don't want to get screened out...submitted primary today and received secondary a few hours later, IS Bay Area. Clearly no GPA screen (trust me on this one), and the quickness with which I got my secondary makes me skeptical of any major screen in general
"All verified applicants meeting eligibility will be notified by e-mail to complete a secondary application." according to the AAMC 2024 Secondary Application Policies report for UCR
https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7011/download
https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7011/download
What is this reply in response to?"All verified applicants meeting eligibility will be notified by e-mail to complete a secondary application." according to the AAMC 2024 Secondary Application Policies report for UCR
https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7011/download
yea I was verified about a week before I sent it over to themwas your app verified from before and did you just forward your app to UCR? I am waiting on mine to be verified but I was also going to wait for my new MCAT score, but IDK if I should just submit with my old score ? I don't want to get screened out...
I received my secondary application invite last night, but before I could open it and access the portal, I received another email earlier today rejecting me. Can this be a mistake? I am still able to access the secondary application portal.
"Our Admissions Committee has concluded its evaluation of your application to the UCR School of Medicine. Unfortunately, we are unable to take further action on your application.
We had an unprecedented number of applications this admissions cycle. Many of the 6000+ applicants to our program this year were found to be exceptionally well qualified for medical school and to demonstrate promise as outstanding future physicians. With 75+ applications for each seat in our class, the committee had to make many difficult choices and turn away a large number of superb candidates.
Regrettably, we cannot provide information on the committee's rationale for its decision or offer suggestions for strengthening your application. The health professions advisor at your undergraduate campus is qualified to review your application and provide specific recommendations."
"Our Admissions Committee has concluded its evaluation of your application to the UCR School of Medicine. Unfortunately, we are unable to take further action on your application.
We had an unprecedented number of applications this admissions cycle. Many of the 6000+ applicants to our program this year were found to be exceptionally well qualified for medical school and to demonstrate promise as outstanding future physicians. With 75+ applications for each seat in our class, the committee had to make many difficult choices and turn away a large number of superb candidates.
Regrettably, we cannot provide information on the committee's rationale for its decision or offer suggestions for strengthening your application. The health professions advisor at your undergraduate campus is qualified to review your application and provide specific recommendations."
D
deleted1168662
I am sorry to hear this, try contacting the school? What are your stats?I received my secondary application invite last night, but before I could open it and access the portal, I received another email earlier today rejecting me. Can this be a mistake? I am still able to access the secondary application portal.
"Our Admissions Committee has concluded its evaluation of your application to the UCR School of Medicine. Unfortunately, we are unable to take further action on your application.
We had an unprecedented number of applications this admissions cycle. Many of the 6000+ applicants to our program this year were found to be exceptionally well qualified for medical school and to demonstrate promise as outstanding future physicians. With 75+ applications for each seat in our class, the committee had to make many difficult choices and turn away a large number of superb candidates.
Regrettably, we cannot provide information on the committee's rationale for its decision or offer suggestions for strengthening your application. The health professions advisor at your undergraduate campus is qualified to review your application and provide specific recommendations."
So the lab course hours do not count toward total semester hours? Is there any point of applying with:
3 units Physics I
1 unit Physics I lab
3 units Physics II
1 unit Physics II lab
3 units Physics I
1 unit Physics I lab
3 units Physics II
1 unit Physics II lab
D
deleted1157965
Their website says you do not need to strictly fulfill the requirements even after matriculation and you have space on the secondary to elaborate on why you dont think you need to take extra coursework. I think generally they just want to see you completed one year of physics so I would just explain that your school sets it up a different way.So the lab course hours do not count toward total semester hours? Is there any point of applying with:
3 units Physics I
1 unit Physics I lab
3 units Physics II
1 unit Physics II lab
Thanks!Their website says you do not need to strictly fulfill the requirements even after matriculation and you have space on the secondary to elaborate on why you dont think you need to take extra coursework. I think generally they just want to see you completed one year of physics so I would just explain that your school sets it up a different way.
medgirl12345
Full Member
I did the same thing, I submitted on day 9. I don't think it is an issue, I think it's a strong recommendation of getting it in as early as possible.Sooo I submitted my secondary Day 8 of receiving and just say this. Do we think it will be an issue?View attachment 375396
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any II been sent out for this school?
Not that I know of! Last year they started going out in the first week of SeptemberHave any II been sent out for this school?
premadbaddie
Full Member
Do people think it's appropriate to answer the healthcare setting question by talking about the population you want to serve and type of care you want to provide? I don't know that I would necessarily be able to pick a setting beyond that
premadbaddie
Full Member
Also another question 🙂 Should I mention one of my parents went to UCR undergrad? We live in Southern California still but on the coast, not sure this would be viewed favorably
whatsupdoc28
Full Member
Do you guys think its an automatic R if you submitted the secondary in 2 weeks instead of 1? 🙁
I submitted day 9, if you look at my screenshot above^^ it says they strongly recommend one week, but it’s not mandatory from their verbiage.Do you guys think its an automatic R if you submitted the secondary in 2 weeks instead of 1? 🙁
Medigal-lifts
Full Member
anybody willing to share how they calculated semester hours? I am having difficulties, my undergrad institution was semester-based.
D
deleted1124957
Congrats 🙂 Not as much IS, but IE?II IS like 10 mins ago. LM 75, Submitted secondary on 7/21/2023
ya my bad! Born and raised in IE so very strong connectionsCongrats 🙂 Not as much IS, but IE?
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
II IS LM 67.7 i believe? Also my Alma matter so those ties plus the Haider program
1234med1234
Full Member
Amazing! Congratulations! May I know your verification date? Also, did you click on special programs when you filled out the primary app for UCR? Thanks!II IS LM 67.7 i believe? Also my Alma matter so those ties plus the Haider program
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
July 23rd was my date that UCR received my secondary but my primary was verified before the cycle started! Also yes It is a special programAmazing! Congratulations! May I know your verification date? Also, did you click on special programs when you filled out the primary app for UCR? Thanks!
D
deleted1087189
does UCR screen? my amcas primary app was verified at 4:55PM and i received a secondary invite at 6:07PM lmfao?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Have they started interviews? Any post II acceptance rate anyone has found?
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Prime program II
When did you complete?Prime program II
D
deleted1124957
Been fairly quiet here. Come on my love
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Completed July 23… Interviewed in early September… and then this II was today like a few minutes ago!When did you complete?
plantingseeds
Full Member
IS II 10/2/23. Completed 7/29/23.
D
deleted1124957
IE!? 



lianabanana22
Full Member
OMG IS II today! Completed 8/12
Congrats! Any IE connection?OMG IS II today! Completed 8/12
does only one interview date show up for you?OMG IS II today! Completed 8/12
lianabanana22
Full Member
I mean really weak connection I did live there a bit growing up.Congrats! Any IE connection?
lianabanana22
Full Member
Yea! Guess that'll do loldoes only one interview date show up for you?
how many interviews have been sent out so far? is there a way to tell?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
freefoodfriend
Full Member
Would you mind sharing stats and complete date?II today!
HeyBabyBoy72
Full Member
Has anyone gotten Prime II
Same friend 🫠OOS, received secondary 7/25 and submitted 8/2 -still haven’t heard anything 🥲
whatsupdoc28
Full Member
IS II today ! LM 69