2023-2024 UC San Francisco

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys know of anyone who hasn't received a secondary (that should have, depending on when they were verified)? I personally don't know anyone who hasn't received a secondary and so the screen seems like a big myth to me
I don't have a secondary yet. I was verified 7/20.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven’t received a secondary from here yet. I was verified back in June. Should I consider reaching out?
 
Replying to myself after calling admissions: Having applied MD/JMP/Prime, you will review concurrently for those programs, but your interview date will be later in the cycle. If I remember correctly, you will be interviewed for JMP and Prime on the same date if I am not mistaken . You are not disadvantaged if you are interested in those programs and will be considered for all three parts.
 
Replying to myself after calling admissions: Having applied MD/JMP/Prime, you will review concurrently for those programs, but your interview date will be later in the cycle. If I remember correctly, you will be interviewed for JMP and Prime on the same date if I am not mistaken . You are not disadvantaged if you are interested in those programs and will be considered for all three parts.
ok so to be clear, if i were to apply MD/JMP, if i don’t get JMP, i will still be considered for MD only, correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Q: How many letters of recommendation are required?
A: We require a minimum of three and a maximum of five letters of recommendation. At least two of the letters should be from faculty who have taught you or supervised you in research. We expect to receive committee letters or letter packets, if available at your institution.

Would it be acceptable for me to submit 1 letter from a science professor and 1 from a research PI (who did not necessary teach me in a traditional classroom)?
 
Q: How many letters of recommendation are required?
A: We require a minimum of three and a maximum of five letters of recommendation. At least two of the letters should be from faculty who have taught you or supervised you in research. We expect to receive committee letters or letter packets, if available at your institution.

Would it be acceptable for me to submit 1 letter from a science professor and 1 from a research PI (who did not necessary teach me in a traditional classroom)?

Sounds like that would work
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don’t mind me asking, did you receive it earlier in the day (just curious if the emails go out later at night)
 
Can anyone please elaborate on if it's even worth it to send a secondary in at this point? Does UCSF work on a different timeline than most other schools? I just received mine a few days ago after submitting my primary mid August.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My primary was verified 9/6 and I still have not received a secondary from UCSF - should I reach out to the admissions office?