2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post II Wait list/ hold today anybody know the odds on this type of thing?
Hard to say. They don't fill all of their slots before the end of the application cycle, so you might consider it the same odds as post-interview acceptance... so probably 25-30%?
What is SUC?
Still under consideration.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 still being considered, 3rd time receiving the email. I interviewed the week of 10/30, OOR

Reactions: 1 user
+1 SUC email received today, OOR interviewed 11/30. Excited to still be here!

Anyone who interviewed for Spokane this week hearing anything other than A’s today?? I am losin at at work rn

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also OOR is the SUC email "Continued Consideration?" because that's what I got.
The first SUC email is “Continued Consideration”, then it switches to “Still Being Considered” for subsequent emails

Members don't see this ad :)
SUC email yesterday (12/8). I wish it was an A (so I can stop worrying), but I'm so happy to still be in the running!

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students group chat?
An accepted students Facebook page for the Spokane cohort will be created after the final round of acceptances in January!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
An accepted students Facebook page for the Spokane cohort will be created after the final round of acceptances in January!
Is there already one for the Seattle cohort? Would love to join if there is. Thank you!!

Reactions: 2 users
SUC email yesterday (12/8). I wish it was an A (so I can stop worrying), but I'm so happy to still be in the running!
Any idea what percent of candidates already accepted post interview? Looks like many SUC emails has come and do we have hope?

Accepted Spokane Campus!!! Interviewed 12/07. This feels so unreal and I am so so grateful. Good luck to everyone this cycle, you've all worked so hard and you've got this guys <3
Me too! Congrats future doc :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I heard Spokane Cohorts are getting the Acceptance or Rejection immediately after the interview (in a week or so), but Seattle takes more time and most of the folks put under SUC. Should we hope for acceptance from SUC or it is more of later rejection? Any comments here?

I heard Spokane Cohorts are getting the Acceptance or Rejection immediately after the interview (in a week or so), but Seattle takes more time and most of the folks put under SUC. Should we hope for acceptance from SUC or it is more of later rejection? Any comments here?
A current MS1 told me that a large portion of the Seattle campus gets accepted from the SUC list in the early spring... I don't know the exact numbers, but he told me that the SUC list is not at all a bad place to be! there's a good chance it'll turn into either an acceptance between now and march-ish or a ranked WL position.

Hey all. Current MS1 Idaho WWAMI student. Happy to answer any questions about my experience so far, what my application process was like, and Idaho specific info :)

Anyone from Spokane hear anything today?
Just received a "Continuing Consideration" email for Spokane cohort - final decisions will be made after the January interviews (interviewed 12/05)

Just received a "Continuing Consideration" email for Spokane cohort - final decisions will be made after the January interviews (interviewed 12/05)
+1 also. Anyone have an idea about the odds of getting accepted off this for Spokane specifically?

I'm seattle cohort and I received another SUC email this evening too. Kinda odd after just getting one on Friday.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm seattle cohort and I received another SUC email this evening too. Kinda odd after just getting one on Friday.
Same! Guess UWSOM just reaaaaally wants us to know they’re thinking about us tonight

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hey all. Current MS1 Idaho WWAMI student. Happy to answer any questions about my experience so far, what my application process was like, and Idaho specific info :)
Idaho student here, when did you get an interview invite? Seems like it’s much later for WWAMI

I'm Seattle cohort and I received another SUC email this evening too. Kind of odd after just getting one on Friday
Looks like an automated email that has gone again. Not sure this really means anything on the decision because they started interviewing just today which is the last week of Interview for this year. EXCOM meets next week and expected to send the SUC or Acceptance by end of next week.

Is this the first year they’ve had continuing consideration as an outcome for Spokane cohort?

Idaho student here, when did you get an interview invite? Seems like it’s much later for WWAMI
Was just talking about this with some of my classmates. I had some classmates get their II's in October. I personally didn't get mine until Jan 4th. I wouldn't stress too much. The Idaho interviews aren't until Feb so they probably are still trying to get through the bulk of Seattle/Spokane applicants before they start doing individual, smaller, WWAMI sites.

Was just talking about this with some of my classmates. I had some classmates get their II's in October. I personally didn't get mine until Jan 4th. I wouldn't stress too much. The Idaho interviews aren't until Feb so they probably are still trying to get through the bulk of Seattle/Spokane applicants before they start doing individual, smaller, WWAMI sites.
sweet, that was my thought also but thank you for the assurance :)

Alas, the wait ends! OOR post-secondary, pre-II rejection just now. Complete 8/21. Actually kind of glad they dragged it out since I definitely had my hopes a lot higher a few months ago and now at least I have other options, even if they were the dream school. They'll be hearing from me again in another 5 years for residency lol. Best of luck to all in the running still!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
For the interview, is it just the 30 minute session? There’s no full interview day? Also, did anyone have the EXCOM talk to them about metrics? That sounds terrifying lol

For the interview, is it just the 30 minute session? There’s no full interview day? Also, did anyone have the EXCOM talk to them about metrics? That sounds terrifying lol
Yes, just the 30 minute session, but you have to sign in at your sign in time prior to that as well. Instead of having a full interview day, they have the optional Virtual Interview Day Experience. There's more info about that on the interview day website.

The post-interview one-on-one, as I understand it, is really only if your EXCOM has significant questions about your metrics - low/inconsistent GPAs, highGPA/Low MCAT (or vice versa), etc. that are not otherwise addressed in your application. I had metrics issues but addressed them in my personal statement/secondaries, so my EXCOM did not speak to me about them.

YMMV and they may just use it as an opportunity for you to ask questions. I wouldn't sweat it unless you have significant issues/disparities that you can't justify through mature self-reflection.