2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also think they will wait until all their interviews are completed, last interview day being Dec 14th.
They will need time to discuss the last few days of interviews before rolling out pre-match offers.
Maybe before Christmas!🎄🎄🎄
Yep makes no sense to start early if they are going to be done with interviews on 14th. They probably are already at 80-90% of their selection.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
post-II R today, extra burn to be the first one reporting it here 🙁
I'm so sorry! What does that mean for match day? I was under the impression that you either pre match or hope for match day but does R mean you're completely out of the running? Since this is post II?
 
I'm so sorry! What does that mean for match day? I was under the impression that you either pre match or hope for match day but does R mean you're completely out of the running? Since this is post II?
Afaik I'll still have to rank them, it just means they are telling me that I won't match no matter what. For those worrying about the cycle being over, I wouldn't take post-II R's as a sign of that. Maybe for whatever reason I just stood out as awful. If anything, have hope that maybe another II slot just opened up to consider a replacement. The silence was killing me, but now I wish I could go back to the silent waiting 😆 Don't give up hope based on someone else!
 
Afaik I'll still have to rank them, it just means they are telling me that I won't match no matter what. For those worrying about the cycle being over, I wouldn't take post-II R's as a sign of that. Maybe for whatever reason I just stood out as awful. If anything, have hope that maybe another II slot just opened up to consider a replacement. The silence was killing me, but now I wish I could go back to the silent waiting 😆 Don't give up hope based on someone else!

Did you happen to get a campus tour invite before this?
 
I'm so sorry! What does that mean for match day? I was under the impression that you either pre match or hope for match day but does R mean you're completely out of the running? Since this is post II?
Yes unfortunately if you are rejected after an interview, don’t rank that school for your Match List because they won’t be ranking you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gotcha, thanks for letting us know! All the best for this cycle, I’m hopeful things will work out in our favors 🙂
 
Not exactly what you are asking for but some good data in this spreadsheet.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1tYAHFUP-X_Rj-nR1AerAMr5V5blIUV4_gkJ7p2COchk/htmlview#gid=514048617

UTMB (line 117) interviewed ~1,000 and accepted ~500 in 2021.
Not everyone who gets an interview will get an offer of admission, so there will be a large number of disappointed applicants.
Most of the TMDSAS schools let things ride until Match Day and let the Match deliver their bad news for them. 😢

I've only seen a couple of people post an after-interview rejection, sorry guys.
 
Did anyone get their secondary application fee waived by UTMB without asking? I didn’t request a waiver and wasn’t eligible for it. They sent me an email that said “Upon a preliminary review of your TMDSAS application and/or supporting documentation, the $70 supplemental application processing fee has been waived.”
 
Did anyone get their secondary application fee waived by UTMB without asking? I didn’t request a waiver and wasn’t eligible for it. They sent me an email that said “Upon a preliminary review of your TMDSAS application and/or supporting documentation, the $70 supplemental application processing fee has been waived.”
Yes that happened to me as well
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
En Was anyone else low-key hoping they would release pre-matches today? ONE THING I LEARNED FROM THIS CYCLE IS THAT I NEED TO WORK ON MY PATIENCE SMH
Not till the last calf is brought in from pasture, cowboy.
Last interview date is Dec 14 & then some talkin’ time.