You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
seems a bit late for II to be sent in October though, especially when they send their first acceptances in November.If I recall correctly, secondaries went out like 2 weeks later this year, so maybe in the next week or two II will be sent out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right it's getting awfully close to Thanksgiving lolseems a bit late for II to be sent in October though, especially when they send their first acceptances in November.
The thing is that the real bottleneck is most likely the in-state applications which were able to be submitted the same day this year as they were last year--I have to imagine they've settled the first batch or so of OOS interviewees since they've had lots of their apps for over 2 months. That's why I was wondering if there was some kind of delay in verifying the residency of in-state people but seems more likely that they're just a bit behind this year and will start early next week. Not the adcom's fault that they don't get IS apps until 6 weeks later than every other school but man no IIs until October would be kinda crazyIf I recall correctly, secondaries went out like 2 weeks later this year, so maybe in the next week or two II will be sent out.
McApple
Full Member
Yeah, it's weird that on msar they have interview invites starting in mid to late August but nothing so farThe thing is that the real bottleneck is most likely the in-state applications which were able to be submitted the same day this year as they were last year--I have to imagine they've settled the first batch or so of OOS interviewees since they've had lots of their apps for over 2 months. That's why I was wondering if there was some kind of delay in verifying the residency of in-state people but seems more likely that they're just a bit behind this year and will start early next week. Not the adcom's fault that they don't get IS apps until 6 weeks later than every other school but man no IIs until October would be kinda crazy
From what the admissions office has told me, apparently, they didn't start looking at any applications, IS or OOS, until 8/25. They were saying it does no good to submit earlier than 8/25 either way, although who knows since you're also right that it'd be kind crazy for them to only start sending IIs in October.The thing is that the real bottleneck is most likely the in-state applications which were able to be submitted the same day this year as they were last year--I have to imagine they've settled the first batch or so of OOS interviewees since they've had lots of their apps for over 2 months. That's why I was wondering if there was some kind of delay in verifying the residency of in-state people but seems more likely that they're just a bit behind this year and will start early next week. Not the adcom's fault that they don't get IS apps until 6 weeks later than every other school but man no IIs until October would be kinda crazy
Wow, that is not what I would've guessed. Guess it's not surprising that it'll take until October thenFrom what the admissions office has told me, apparently, they didn't start looking at any applications, IS or OOS, until 8/25. They were saying it does no good to submit earlier than 8/25 either way, although who knows since you're also right that it'd be kind crazy for them to only start sending IIs in October.
nontrad888
Full Member
Could this be week are all waiting for? 🤞
This feels like the scene in Oppenheimer…it’s been silent for a whole minute…On the one hand I feel like it has to be this week, on the other hand I kinda can't imagine them every sending IIs, the suspense has been building for so long
scullybythesword
Full Member
Big Kaboom soonThis feels like the scene in Oppenheimer…it’s been silent for a whole minute…
100 likes and I'll drop an email to them asking what's up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
brb gonna make 100 burner SDN accounts100 likes and I'll drop an email to them asking what's up
JK, I just gave them a call. Admissions coordinator picked up! She was super nice and said that they've been really understaffed this cycle and recently hired an interview coordinator. Their goal is to start sending invitations out next week, but that's tentative. They're hoping to start conducting interviews by the end of the month. No rejections or interview invites have been sent out yet, but all the applications have been in the process of getting fully reviewed. Hope that helps everyone! Perhaps next week is going to be the big week. I also totally doxxed myself to them because I told them I'm reaching out on behalf of the online forum community so I'm a lost cause lmao, but you all have to get in for me!
Did anyone else get an email saying their application was still incomplete even though the portal says you submitted? I had submitted 9/5 but got an email today asking me to finish my application. I called admissions and they said everything looked good, they were unsure why I was still marked as incomplete. They also assured me no matter the submission time, all applications are given the same chance to get a II, although I am unsure how that would work. Anyone else have this problem?
Banksyluv89
Full Member
Hoping this was supposed to be an II email for you instead 🙂Did anyone else get an email saying their application was still incomplete even though the portal says you submitted? I had submitted 9/5 but got an email today asking me to finish my application. I called admissions and they said everything looked good, they were unsure why I was still marked as incomplete. They also assured me no matter the submission time, all applications are given the same chance to get a II, although I am unsure how that would work. Anyone else have this problem?
I got the same email? Confused.Did anyone else get an email saying their application was still incomplete even though the portal says you submitted? I had submitted 9/5 but got an email today asking me to finish my application. I called admissions and they said everything looked good, they were unsure why I was still marked as incomplete. They also assured me no matter the submission time, all applications are given the same chance to get a II, although I am unsure how that would work. Anyone else have this problem?
I would call admissions, they manually reviewed and marked me as completeI got the same email? Confused.
I’ll give them a call soon. What did they manually change for you though? Because it says I am complete in the portal.I would call admissions, they manually reviewed and marked me as complete
Whatever is on their end that says incomplete. I am unsure what it was exactly but the admissions director said he'd change it -- my portal also said I'm completeI’ll give them a call soon. What did they manually change for you though? Because it says I am complete in the portal.
pleaseacceptmelol
Full Member
wisco please... the tension is unbearable
I blame this on the L against Iowawisco please... the tension is unbearable
Lol that was my first thought when I saw the scoreI blame this on the L against Iowa
BeefyStack
Full Member
IS II! LM 70 (WARM)
It is happening everyone.
It is happening everyone.
D
deleted1171273
OOS II Complete 7/18
...man was I wrong about this
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aightmanokay
Full Member
They didn't tweet out that they were sending interviews this time 😔
Just in from their Twitter! "A very limited number of invites just went out for MD. We will not be sending more invites until we have at least one use the automated registration. Once that happens we will begin the process."They didn't tweet out that they were sending interviews this time 😔
SOMEONE USE IT PLEASE OMG
if y'all don't schedule your interviews i stg...SOMEONE USE IT PLEASE OMG
I can't find this. Can you write out the account username please? 🙂Just in from their Twitter! "A very limited number of invites just went out for MD. We will not be sending more invites until we have at least one use the automated registration. Once that happens we will begin the process."
LOL I could not find the tweet either...I can't find this. Can you write out the account username please? 🙂
D
deleted1164335
I can't find this. Can you write out the account username please? 🙂
@UWiscMedAdmissLOL I could not find the tweet either...
Thanks!@UWiscMedAdmiss
BeefyStack
Full Member
To clarify, in my II email they said “…it may be a few weeks before your date is confirmed. Please keep on the look out from our admissions team to schedule your interview date.”if y'all don't schedule your interviews i stg...
So I can’t schedule anything yet, just waiting for the ability to
aightmanokay
Full Member
Man it's 2023 and they can't get automated registration to work.
*wisco students/alum knowing the history of IT incompetence on campus* 🤦♂️So uh manifesting IIs for us all by way of successful IT troubleshooting? Hopefully this isn't a big tech support week for the rest of UW I guess
OOS II received! Submitted 7/15
medschoolapplicant2023_4
Full Member
IS II Received! Anyone else not seeing the option to schedule the interview, though?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, no interview tab on my portalIS II Received! Anyone else not seeing the option to schedule the interview, though?
medschoolapplicant2023_4
Full Member
Glad to know I'm not alone lol!Nope, no interview tab on my portal
McApple
Full Member
Did you receive the II today or yesterday?IS II Received! Anyone else not seeing the option to schedule the interview, though?
medschoolapplicant2023_4
Full Member
TodayDid you receive the II today or yesterday?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K
- Replies
- 849
- Views
- 248K