2025-2026 UC San Francisco

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It doesn't, everyone gets it
yeah i interviewed with UCSF last cycle in their first round (September), got the Finaid letter in the mail in Jan, Feb decision day came and I got hit with an R 🙁 it's just a formality for information collection, but not binding or any correlation to A/R/WL at all

good luck to yall <3
 
yeah i interviewed with UCSF last cycle in their first round (September), got the Finaid letter in the mail in Jan, Feb decision day came and I got hit with an R 🙁 it's just a formality for information collection, but not binding or any correlation to A/R/WL at all

good luck to yall <3
Thank you for the info. How did you feel your interview went last cycle if you don't mind me asking?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my interviewers were actually really pleasant, let me speak about whatever I wanted, other than their structured questions. Grilling, maybe, they tried to get to know you without ever looking at your application, so it was like a clean slate for them.
What was your interview format? I’ve seen mixed things online—some resources say there is an MMI but I’m a little unclear if that’s true or not.
 
What was your interview format? I’ve seen mixed things online—some resources say there is an MMI but I’m a little unclear if that’s true or not.
I didnt have any dedicated MMI sections but some of the questions they asked kind of can be considered somewhat MMI

Idk if that makes sense
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that makes sense! So it’s more the style of question, but it’s not like “here’s an 8 min station go” ?
Correct, essentially the interviewers ask a certain number of questions from the list they have and after that they are very chill and you or they can take it in any direction and ask any question. By far my favorite interview at a "top" school.

Best of luck u will do great
 
anyone know if there’s any afternoon time slots for the interview info sessions or are they only in the morning? I got assigned 8-9:30 & am really struggling to get time off at work, so im wondering if it’s worth asking them if there’s any option to reschedule
 
Anyone who submitted their secondary in september hear back? Already Jan 14 and their website says they interview until early Feb so not a lot of time until their interview season is over..
 
im still waiting to hear back no Rejection yet lolol
Anyone who submitted their secondary in september hear back? Already Jan 14 and their website says they interview until early Feb so not a lot of time until their interview season is over..
 
Anyone who submitted their secondary in september hear back? Already Jan 14 and their website says they interview until early Feb so not a lot of time until their interview season is over..
I also submitted in September and haven’t heard back. Hopefully I’m not in the February reject pile 💔💔
 
thank god there are more of us lol, i think i was just nervous because i wasn't a part of the multiple rejection waves throughout the end of the year, but also has just been complete radio silence, no hold/pre-II R/R. I'm sure the admissions team is working as fast as possible, and since the secondary screen/pre-II R's cuts down a significant portion of applicants I'm hoping they'll get to deciding on our applications soon 🙁
 
thank god there are more of us lol, i think i was just nervous because i wasn't a part of the multiple rejection waves throughout the end of the year, but also has just been complete radio silence, no hold/pre-II R/R. I'm sure the admissions team is working as fast as possible, and since the secondary screen/pre-II R's cuts down a significant portion of applicants I'm hoping they'll get to deciding on our applications soon 🙁
oh wait i didn't read your first part of your message i submitted my secondary august 13th. Prob not in same category as you but have hope!
 
thank god there are more of us lol, i think i was just nervous because i wasn't a part of the multiple rejection waves throughout the end of the year, but also has just been complete radio silence, no hold/pre-II R/R. I'm sure the admissions team is working as fast as possible, and since the secondary screen/pre-II R's cuts down a significant portion of applicants I'm hoping they'll get to deciding on our applications soon 🙁
Right like we’ve survived too many weed-outs to not at LEAST get a II! At this point I’m showing up to the first day of classes regardless!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haven't been receiving much love from the UC's in general but still holding onto hope for UCSF 😭 fingers crossed for all of us!
 
Interviewing tomorrow and I was only assigned one interview. Should I email to ask about the second interview or do I just wait for another email? AMP says there are supposed to be two interviews.

Also a little confused since I'm interviewing for the JMP and my interviewer is not involved with the JMP?
 
Anyone who submitted their secondary in september hear back? Already Jan 14 and their website says they interview until early Feb so not a lot of time until their interview season is over..
I'm still waiting to hear back, no rejection yet
 
Hey guys! Can anyone who has interviewed give me some pointers about UCSF's interview and best how to prepare? This is my only interview so I really want to do well on it. Thank you so much!
 
Hey guys! Can anyone who has interviewed give me some pointers about UCSF's interview and best how to prepare? This is my only interview so I really want to do well on it. Thank you so much!
Honestly it was super chill, by far one of my most favorite interviews. U just talk with the faculty for 30 min, they ask some of the classical interview questions everywhere asks, nothing out of pocket. time flew by for me, the dr was so nice and everyone else were really nice too.
 
someone on admit said the following: "for those who have interviewed, dean said in the info session today that decision release dates will be one at the end of the first week of Feb, one in the last week of Feb, and one some time in March", just adding here to share!
 
To all of my early interviewers, how are y'all hanging in there, knowing the moment of reckoning is a week away? :pirate:
So incredibly nervous. Like many have shared, it’s my absolute dream school, in large part because of its amazing research opportunities. I was so incredibly shocked and grateful to get an interview invite and have let myself get my hopes up. I keep reminding myself that this is not the end of the road by any means, and even if I don’t get into medical school there, it doesn’t mean I won’t be able to live there or work there later…but still… Fingers crossed for all of us in this boat!
 
Anyone else feel like their interview was just average? Like mine was pretty conversational but there was definitely some rambling for certain questions. And looking back I could have added so much more to certain answers. Idk I feel like I may have thrown away my chance at my top school 😢
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an II today, am I interviewing for a WL position at this point?
Well, we don't know anything for sure, but seems unlikely as they don't do traditional rolling admissions, just two decisions batches in Feb then March I believe. So it's not like they have given out 90% of their As and just threw you on the roster for kicks. If you're really concerned or have some serious time conflict, call UCSF and ask (I did this to determine if I should accept an II at OHSU as an OOS student who got the invite pretty late when the THREE interview dayS conflicted with another interview and my cousin's wedding day. They had no issue telling me I was interviewing for an actual spot).

More importantly, though - would you change anything about how you prep for interviewing if you were?
We all want so badly to predict our cycles to allay the anxiety of the wait and opacity, but I'm starting to feel like being able to tolerate the unknown is another little test. At least I'm *trying* to treat it like a slightly maddening but altogether harmless distress tolerance exercise that leads to further character development lol.
I'd say either way just give it your absolute best. It's an amazing program and being asked to interview is no small matter! Use your energy and attention maximizing your chances of wowing them.

But, to go back to your question, UCSF seems to be one of the only schools to move as slowly and deliberately as it does with each step of this process. I doubt you are interviewing explicitly for the WL.