Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FWIW, I was told they sent out the first batch of offers last week via snail mail. Look for them this week.
Hopefully they meant the second batch of letters :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who got an acceptance receive further information, i.e., an email?

Members don't see this ad :)
First batch of offers landed about a week ago and those accepted received calls as well. I know of one letter that was lost in the mail, but they still received an acceptance call.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Which interview dates received acceptances thus far? I interviewed on 10/10 and I have not heard anything back yet. They told us to expect to hear within "about a month".

Does anyone have any information about the change in deans?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah unfortunately I think mine meant mailing them in 2-3 weeks so we will get them within a month

Which interview dates received acceptances thus far? I interviewed on 10/10 and I have not heard anything back yet. They told us to expect to hear within "about a month".
My interview was 9/27 and I just got the call 3 days ago so I would definitely expect a full month or more

Same here. I have not heard anything back yet but hoping for a call or letter soon :) we have to be close

My interview was 9/27 and I just got the call 3 days ago so I would definitely expect a full month or more
Did you get a call and letter or email? And if yes, which came first. And congratulations!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get a call and letter or email? And if yes, which came first. And congratulations!!!
thanks! I actually never received a letter, I think it may have been lost. I just got the phone call

Anyone from 10/14 interviews hear back yet?

Expect it to be about a month. As I said earlier in this thread, I interviewed on Friday and was told not to expect a decision until Thanksgiving.

Anyone from 10/14 interviews hear back yet?

I interviewed with you on this date and they told us that they discuss the candidates/make decisions two weeks post-interview. So I think this upcoming week might be it for us!

I interviewed with you on this date and they told us that they discuss the candidates/make decisions two weeks post-interview. So I think this upcoming week might be it for us!

If you do hear back please keep us posted :)

I was thinking of applying. Does anyone have concerns over being the first class? Do the professors have experience teaching at a medical school?

I was thinking of applying. Does anyone have concerns over being the first class? Do the professors have experience teaching at a medical school?

The professors are the least of my worries. They all have prior experience.

Do you think being the first class is a plus or not?

I do not think that it's a plus. You'll be the guinea pigs for an untested curriculum. You're sure to suffer the growing pains of a new program. That being said, you'll still have the opportunity to take the boards and be a physician when you finish. Also, being the initial class, you could have more opportunity to push for changes that will benefit the students.

I go back and forth, I'm sure the curriculum has been proven at other schools and I would hope the professors that are employed have had some experience in teaching, I'm not sure how to find that out without just calling the school.

I go back and forth, I'm sure the curriculum has been proven at other schools and I would hope the professors that are employed have had some experience in teaching, I'm not sure how to find that out without just calling the school.

If you google the professors, it's not hard to find their history.

Good point and I could do that with the curriculum too.

The curriculum is a little different. They said they're the first school to rely solely on TBL, so other than researching TBL, the curriculum itself is unprecedented.

Can anybody provide more info on the interview?

How many people conduct the interview? Are they teachers/physicians/etc?
It's closed file, correct?
What sort of questions do they ask? Why ARCOM? Why Arkansas? Why DO? Defining moment?

Can anybody provide more info on the interview?

How many people conduct the interview? Are they teachers/physicians/etc?
It's closed file, correct?
What sort of questions do they ask? Why ARCOM? Why Arkansas? Why DO? Defining moment?

1. You're interviewed by 2 individuals. It's a mix of faculty and administration and it's also a complete crap shoot as to who you get. I had an administrator and the biochemistry professor (who taught at my UG school! :) )

2. Yep. 100% blind interview.

3. The questions were pretty run of the mill. There was nothing that caught me off guard or made me really have to think. Just read up on their mission and know about osteopathic medicine.

Also, I cannot stress this enough. RELAX. The interview is extremely laid back. I've had job interviews that were more stressful. Our group was probably told 4-5 times to relax. Go into the interview and be yourself! :)

It looks like it will be an awesome school. Anyone have any insight into the curriculum? staff? area?

Did they say if the writing prompt will be a large factor in the decision? I honestly was so nervous that my handwriting was almost illegible.

Did they say if the writing prompt will be a large factor in the decision? I honestly was so nervous that my handwriting was almost illegible.

lol me too.
I wasn't expecting that at all. I was really taken off guard. I think I had to scratch out something I wrote.

10/14 Interview group had to write one as well. It was just writing a single paragraph on an easy topic.
I wrote some bullsh1t and I write like a 3 year old child....got accepted

Reactions: 3 users
I see that you have been accepted to 3 schools, how are you making your choice?
Tuition/scholarship offered, location, home residency choices, pass/fail, curriculum. In that order :))

10/10 call from my interviewer. I was just complete last week since my DO letter was submitted late

10/10 call from my interviewer. I was just complete last week since my DO letter was submitted late

Congratulations! I know you are so relieved. I interviewed 10/10 too, still waiting

I've been neurotically checking my phone every five seconds for a month and then they called while I was in an exam. It's hard to relax when waiting to hear from such a great school! Good luck everyone !