Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was 2 weeks. Interviewed 10/24 and was called 11/7
same as this guy. Going to call tomorrow though because I want a letter or something else just to make sure. A phone call isn't enough for me until I have solid evidence I'm in lol

Reactions: 2 users
same as this guy. Going to call tomorrow though because I want a letter or something else just to make sure. A phone call isn't enough for me until I have solid evidence I'm in lol

I'm with you! I need to see it in writing! Hopefully it'll be here this week for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! I guess it's been more of a 2-3 week wait! How did you feel it compared to OSU? I've applied there as well
They were both exceptional schools. I guess the first big item on the agenda would be the cost 50 thousand compared to ~80. To me that's not a big issue. So, I put that aside. Next is location... ARCOM >>> OSUCOM. The curriculum is in question for Arkansas vs established OSU.

Both were inviting, fun interviews and a great atmosphere! :clap:

They were both exceptional schools. I guess the first big item on the agenda would be the cost 50 thousand compared to ~80. To me that's not a big issue. So, I put that aside. Next is location... ARCOM >>> OSUCOM. The curriculum is in question for Arkansas vs established OSU.

Both were inviting, fun interviews and a great atmosphere! :clap:
Ah, I gotcha! Good to hear that this school can compare! The only red flags for me (they're the same price for me either way) is the 77% board pass rate at OSU this last year vs. the unproven curriculum and mandatory attendance at ARCOM. I know board scores are said to be dependent on the student, but dang haha

Why do you say this?
That's in comparing location. For me, living in a big city wth the number one (or around that) murder rate in Oklahoma isn't ideal. Plus, I enjoyed he hometown feel of Arkansas

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone call the school to see when they were sending out letters??

I got an acceptance call about 2 weeks ago but that is all I heard .

I called today and spoke to admissions. Said they mailed stuff out saturday. So hopefully this week!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Sadly withdrawing acceptance here later today. Freakin loved this school. Hope this makes someone's day! Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Why did you decided against it?
Got accepted to UT Southwestern. Ima go for that cheap MD/MPH. This school, although new, was at the near the top of my list for sure. But I wanna stay home.

Just got my ARCOM acceptance letter in the mail! :) So glad to have the tangible proof also as some of y'all have said. It was dated 11/11 and I got the call a week prior, so be expecting some letters soon!

Got accepted to UT Southwestern. Ima go for that cheap MD/MPH. This school, although new, was at the near the top of my list for sure. But I wanna stay home.
That's an incredible school! Huge congrats to you and best of luck man

Just got my ARCOM acceptance letter in the mail! :) So glad to have the tangible proof also as some of y'all have said. It was dated 11/11 and I got the call a week prior, so be expecting some letters soon!

Nice! I interviewed quite a while ago so I was wondering if they called me by mistake since I haven't received a letter.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My letter came today. $500 deposit is not bad at all. Has anyone received info on how to make the deposit?

Accepted! :) I never recieved a phone call for some reason but recieved my letter in the mail on Monday! I interviewed on 10/21 and my letter was dated 11/11! So excited!

Reactions: 4 users
For those that got phone calls, was the date on the letter different than the day of your phone call? Just wondering for those of us that may be accepted now that it's passed 11/15. Trafficking guidelines say we'll have 30 days to make a payment, so I'm wondering how that'll work if the days are different.

For those that got phone calls, was the date on the letter different than the day of your phone call? Just wondering for those of us that may be accepted now that it's passed 11/15. Trafficking guidelines say we'll have 30 days to make a payment, so I'm wondering how that'll work if the days are different.

Yes. Got the call 11/2 and the letter was postmarked 11/11

Got here ( Hampton Inn Fort Smith) this morning after 11-hour drive non-stop. Interviewing tomorrow. anyone here interviewing tomorrow.

Accepted!! I interviewed way back on 10/10 but I just got the call around 2:30 this afternoon. Dr. Fudge said, "Let me apologize for things being delayed and some things getting lost in the shuffle." Good luck for everyone still waiting, I'm praying for everyone. And make sure you check in with Mrs. Keyes to be sure she has everything she needs for you.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone who has to take a pre-req yet know the grade requirement??
I believe it has to be atleast a C, but the higher the better ;) They recently uploaded the academic catalog to the ARCOM edu site and I believe I read that requirement.. but dont quote me on it. Ha

Interviewed 10/28 and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping to hear back very soon! I was very impressed with this program!!!

Interviewed 10/28 and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping to hear back very soon! I was very impressed with this program!!!
The selection committee met yesterday, so I bet you're in the next wave of acceptances to come!

The selection committee met yesterday, so I bet you're in the next wave of acceptances to come!
I really hope so! I thought my interview went extremely well.

All I want for Christmas is a medical school acceptance :cool:

Reactions: 2 users
I really hope so! I thought my interview went extremely well.

All I want for Christmas is a medical school acceptance :cool:
I bet you'll hear soon! I would really like to know before Thanksgiving (it's a stretch since I interviewed last week haha)... All of my family is going to be asking all sorts of questions and all I have for them is "I don't know yet" :laugh::shrug:

I know it's so hard to stay patient!! I'm not sure if you saw my post but I interviewed 10/10 and didn't get accepted until yesterday. They told me things "got lost in the shuffle". I emailed about 3 weeks after my interview and found out my file wasn't completed because I didn't have a DO letter of recommendation and I wouldn't have known if I hadn't emailed.

I know it's so hard to stay patient!! I'm not sure if you saw my post but I interviewed 10/10 and didn't get accepted until yesterday. They told me things "got lost in the shuffle". I emailed about 3 weeks after my interview and found out my file wasn't completed because I didn't have a DO letter of recommendation and I wouldn't have known if I hadn't emailed.
Oh, I know. It's tough! I sat down personally with Ms. Keyes after my interview and made sure she received my LOR's through Interfolio. ;)

Oh, I know. It's tough! I sat down personally with Ms. Keyes after my interview and made sure she received my LOR's through Interfolio. ;)
You applied to 24 schools? That sounds like me (18 schools) and it only takes one acceptance make it all worth it! Best of luck !:zip:

You applied to 24 schools? That sounds like me (18 schools) and it only takes one acceptance make it all worth it! Best of luck !:zip:

Yep! I keep telling myself that living off of pasta and ground beef will be worth it once I get an acceptance. :lol:

Best of luck to you as well!

Hey guys, I'm interview is on Nov.
21st. is anyone else interviewing then?

Also, what are your experiences with the 2 discounted hotels? I can't decide which to choose lol.

Hey guys, I'm interview is on Nov.
21st. is anyone else interviewing then?

Also, what are your experiences with the 2 discounted hotels? I can't decide which to choose lol.

I was really impressed by the Hampton Inn. The free breakfast was really good.

Did anyone here a mention of technology requirements for us? Laptops, tablets, etc.?

Did anyone here a mention of technology requirements for us? Laptops, tablets, etc.?
We asked during our tour when we talked to the head IT guy, and he said he'd recommend PC. Everything will be Windows based, so he said it would be easier. Apple products would still be fine though.

We asked during our tour when we talked to the head IT guy, and he said he'd recommend PC. Everything will be Windows based, so he said it would be easier. Apple products would still be fine though.
Booooooooo. Looks like I'll be running Parallels ;)

I was really impressed by the Hampton Inn. The free breakfast was really good.

I stayed at the Executive Hotel at City Center and it was really nice. It is undergoing renovations, but the room itself was fantastic. ~15 minutes from ARCOM

Interviewed 10/28 and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping to hear back very soon! I was very impressed with
i interviewed 10/28 also I've been following this thread for awhile finally decided say something really love this school I'm a resident of Arkansas and this is my top choice I know I sound lame but I really like this school.