Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine- Part THREE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never expected to post on this thread as I am just a family member of a waitlisted DCOM hopeful given the mission to monitor the thread for any movement in the alternate list, but I have to reply to Dr. Inviz's foul message. It is very clear that you have not attained the maturity necessary to be a physician and it would be best if you spent the next several years working on growing as a person before you contemplate attending medical school. I believe you interviewed at DCOM recently, and may have received an acceptance. When I think of those waitlisted, and those like the young lady who recently posted that she had been denied, while you may have a seat in the class, it makes me very sad. I have been so impressed with the apparent quality of the individuals posting on this thread; their enthusiasm for medicine and for DCOM, the support and encouragement they offer one another and the sense of humor they share. Only you, Dr Inviz, stand out as deficient in all those areas in which the others excell. If the problem is immaturity, time may take care of that. If the problem lies deeper, there are many fine counselors who can help you. I suggest you find one.

WOW... I couldn't have said it better myself! I really hope you get in! We need people to support and backeach other up. Trying to become a physician is hard enough, the last thing we need is for someone in "our" own field and specially "class" to try to make us feel less of a person. I know for me, Dr. Inviz comments don't phase me at all, but his comments such as the home Doctormom wanted to buy, the "hillbillie" comment, you know what, it could have hurt her feelings, and she is the most amaizing caring person here, and a friend, so stop for a second and think what your comments can do to people.

When I ask some of my friends that are currently in medical school (DO and MD) for advise, they ALL tell me the same thing. "Watch out for some people, bc some are willing to do anything to make you fail, distract you, and make themselves look better, by any means, they have no morals!" and this is how I feel about Dr. Inviz, I could be wrong, but from what I have gotten so far, he's the type of person I really wanna avoid in medical school!

Members don't see this ad.

If you find a post rude or offensive, I would suggest clicking on the "!" beneath it and reporting it to the mods rather than turning it into a big deal on the thread, which is usually exactly what those posting the comments want to see.

I never expected to post on this thread as I am just a family member of a waitlisted DCOM hopeful given the mission to monitor the thread for any movement in the alternate list, but I have to reply to Dr. Inviz's foul message. It is very clear that you have not attained the maturity necessary to be a physician and it would be best if you spent the next several years working on growing as a person before you contemplate attending medical school. I believe you interviewed at DCOM recently, and may have received an acceptance. When I think of those waitlisted, and those like the young lady who recently posted that she had been denied, while you may have a seat in the class, it makes me very sad. I have been so impressed with the apparent quality of the individuals posting on this thread; their enthusiasm for medicine and for DCOM, the support and encouragement they offer one another and the sense of humor they share. Only you, Dr Inviz, stand out as deficient in all those areas in which the others excell. If the problem is immaturity, time may take care of that. If the problem lies deeper, there are many fine counselors who can help you. I suggest you find one.

I will once again say that I apologize for those comments. To Lamborghini, yes, I apologize. It was a mere sarcastic reply; however, was not necessary and extreme. There is no other excuse for it, other than a lapse in judgement in that post. I hope you all move on from this. I am very much enthused to the opportunity to become a physician no matter where I end up attending. This goes for the school, as well. Wherever I end up attending medical school, it is very much a blessing. Feel free to continue on if you all wish, as I am at fault for my own actions and not of any others that make or may not provoke it. I wish your loved one well in his/her pursuit of getting into a medical school. I will make my end here and no longer comment on the post anymore. Much apologies.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will once again say that I apologize for those comments. To Lamborghini, yes, I apologize. It was a mere sarcastic reply; however, was not necessary and extreme. There is no other excuse for it, other than a lapse in judgement in that post. I hope you all move on from this. I am very much enthused to the opportunity to become a physician no matter where I end up attending. This goes for the school, as well. Wherever I end up attending medical school, it is very much a blessing. Feel free to continue on if you all wish, as I am at fault for my own actions and not of any others that make or may not provoke it. I wish your loved one well in his/her pursuit of getting into a medical school. I will make my end here and no longer comment on the post anymore. Much apologies.

apology accepted, also i dont hold grudges. It takes a bigger man to apologize, so thank you.Everyone says things they dont mean or dont want to...i just think this experience will better your judgment in the future. You are an intelligent kid, i just dont wanna see comments that are unrelated to any of our lives, that's all. I hope everything works out well for you, seriously all the people on this forum dont hate you, they just get offended by some unexpected comments. Good luck with everything.

So I got a rejection from DCOM today. I was very sad. Do yall think I am the first person ever to get a rejection from them??? How sad.

So sorry to hear that. There are probably plenty of other people that were not accepted. Just hang in there, don't give up, and work on your application for next year.:) :luck: :luck: :luck:

I drove past the school today. IT IS HUGE!!!! I am going to stop by tomorrow and take pics, but I probably can't go inside because they have their committee meeting tomorrow. I will post the pics though. We are looking at a few more houses tomorrow and hopefully will find one we like. I miss SDN. I haven't been checking the posts on here. Love you all!!! :love: :D :luck:

Sup ya'll......guess I need to start saying that, eh?

Just got done readin through some of those nasty posts.....sheesh. Ya know, I seriously wish that each and every person accepted to med school could realize that med school, in and of itself, is going to be hard enough....let alone, to have to deal with terrible negativity and vindictive garbage like this. I am so bloody stoked to be classmates with each and everyone of you.....yes, even Dr. Inviz, should he choose to attend DCOM. The last thing anybody needs, as a med student especially, is to feel this way about others. I think DCOM will become a great school, through all the kinks and small problems we as a 1st class are going to have to work out together. I dont want to just become buddies with a handful of you, but to know everyone.....really well and to support and bolster eachother; this aspect is what makes a medical school a great medical school......when the students are woven tightly together.

I think Dr. Inviz is a nice guy.....for some reason, just because SDN voted him as one of the most annoying/hated/vindictive/etc, he feels like he needs to stay up to par with the attitude.... even though it is with his future classmates. Everyone should take what he says with the smallest grain of salt.

Totally looking forward to seeing all of you....

Far be it from me to champion DrInviz...whatever, but what he was actually doing was trying to be endearing with who he thought was a buddy on SDN. It's what some guys do with each other, an obsurd gesture is understood to not be serious and that's the way buddies relate. The idea is that one can say terrible things knowing that it will be taken in jest. It was his naivitee' that got him in trouble. Can't be that familiar with anyone just yet.
Just my two cents...still hoping for DCOM...yall may need me to referee.

Some of you are much too kind to Dr Inviz. Go back and read the post that started this discussion. Some might say it was harmless "locker room" talk among buddies. I say it was misogynistic and offensive and revealing of this young man's character, or at least his level of maturity. After that post, I went back and read some of his others and paid closer attention to the poem which appears at the bottom of his posts. I also checked his profile and discovered he is only 21. All of this information leads me to conclude that Dr. Inviz is not yet ready for medicine. He may be someday, but his is not now. I was quite serious when I suggested that he take a few years to grow as a person before going to medical school and I do sincerely believe a good therapist could help him on that journey. This is not to suggest that he is mentally ill. I do hope everyone on this thread is more enlightened than to jump to that conclusion. It just seems to me that the first requirement for a medical school applicant is that they be an adult. If that requirement has not been met, then high MCAT's and GPA's hardly matter. For Dr. Inviz's own sake he needs to give it some time before he jumps into the pressure cooker of med school. Now I will go back to lurking. I never meant to insinuate myself in this manner, but there are times one feels the need to speak out.

For those of you who are feverishly checking this thread and mailbox, waiting to read that someone got a response from admissions (if you interviewed around the 6th)...i talked to paul today and he said dean stowers was stuck in d.c. because of weather and then had a family emergency...
so he will be in town tomorrow to review the decisions and letters will probably be sent out on monday...

hope that helps : )

just opened up another seat for someone. It was very hard withdrawing an acceptance from this school. Wish you all the best!:thumbup:

just opened up another seat for someone. It was very hard withdrawing an acceptance from this school. Wish you all the best!:thumbup:

Thanks! Good luck where ever you are going? I am still hoping to get off the waitlist!!!!!

Some of you are much too kind to Dr Inviz. Go back and read the post that started this discussion. Some might say it was harmless "locker room" talk among buddies. I say it was misogynistic and offensive and revealing of this young man's character, or at least his level of maturity. After that post, I went back and read some of his others and paid closer attention to the poem which appears at the bottom of his posts. I also checked his profile and discovered he is only 21. All of this information leads me to conclude that Dr. Inviz is not yet ready for medicine. He may be someday, but his is not now. I was quite serious when I suggested that he take a few years to grow as a person before going to medical school and I do sincerely believe a good therapist could help him on that journey. This is not to suggest that he is mentally ill. I do hope everyone on this thread is more enlightened than to jump to that conclusion. It just seems to me that the first requirement for a medical school applicant is that they be an adult. If that requirement has not been met, then high MCAT's and GPA's hardly matter. For Dr. Inviz's own sake he needs to give it some time before he jumps into the pressure cooker of med school. Now I will go back to lurking. I never meant to insinuate myself in this manner, but there are times one feels the need to speak out.

All I can say is, you don't know me nor my lifestyle. Go ahead and stalk me all you wish. Heck, read my poem even, it's not even mine. It's from Gestalt and I take it with great meaning and heart. I am sorry your loved one did not get into the school, the school is great in terms of the 1st 2 years and rivals that of other top programs as I just now witnessed. It is understandable if you are wanting as many "incompetents" to drop out to open up a seat for your beloved. I don't fault you for that. If you feel I am mentally ill or incompetent, that's cool. I am glad you can witness and make decisions based on a forum where you haven't met me in person. Sure, I am erratic and sarcastic in my posts, but that's that ... in my posts. In person, I may be someone who is the total opposite (or I may not be). I am quite a popular guy on campus and well-liked by my peers and those around me, so you be the judge of me via a forum. I already admitted fault to that particular post and the person it involved has graciously forgiven me. It won't happen again, if it does, then go ahead and judge me all you wish. Either way, your words do not and will not hurt me or affect me. I said I'd never post on this topic again, but you keep on insisting I should get therapy and (even though you say you are not saying this, but you are implying that I'm mentally ill -- hmmm.) I don't think that is in itself is appropriate either. Leads me to believe from all your allegations that you may be a poster who has another account and simply wishes to bash me with me not knowing who you are. Even if this is not the case, that's fine. Words don't affect me much at all. If they did, I certainly would not be here pursuing the most extrenuating process ever, nor would I wish to pursue a "pressure cooker" career. Either way, after today's interview, I am glad to have the opportunity to truly acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of all the med schools I have applied to/interviewed at. DCOM, from a basic science stand-point, should be great as long as it acts upon their promises and there is no reason they should not. If circumstances arise, I will go there. If not, then obviously I won't be able to. Either way, feel free to believe all that you may wish to believe, as it will not affect me at all. I have decided to move on and so has the other person. If you address me once more, I will not belabor it by giving another reply. I am completely finished discussing this and no more allegations will provoke me to post a response that I am sure you are waiting for me to let off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone needs to relax. Lay off Dr. I. If you can't handle a little sarcastic chatter you may have a tough time with patients who aren't in a good mood. I hope you all plan on treating your patients well regardless of how they treat you.

On a side note, is it absurd to be calling tomorrow to find out if they've made any decisions on the interviewees from 2/12?

Sorry to post a second in a row, but...

Is it supposed to be weird that Dr. I is applying as a 21-year-old? Is that not the age most people apply to medical school? 21-22?

It's hard to say age is a valuable judge of maturity. I mean, I was a really mature 12-year-old and I've just regressed since then.:)

I agree with Dr Acula. As someone who has been hurt personally by a statement that Dr Inviz has said to me, maturity is getting past it and moving on. There are so many different personality types that you just have to learn to deal with it. Talking about those people and trying to get others to exile them or whatever is almost as immature as the statement Dr Inviz made and apologized for. If anything, this has probably been a good learning experience for him.

Whats up everyone? I have looked around the site but havent seen an answer to this. Does aacom send copies of your transcripts to the schools, or is it just the information that is provided in your GPA calculations by them. Thanks in advance, and Dr. I would feel left out if you didn't reply sarcastically to my post, so please blast away :) Now its to Grey's Anatomy!

Whats up everyone? I have looked around the site but havent seen an answer to this. Does aacom send copies of your transcripts to the schools, or is it just the information that is provided in your GPA calculations by them. Thanks in advance, and Dr. I would feel left out if you didn't reply sarcastically to my post, so please blast away :) Now its to Grey's Anatomy!

Even if AACOMAS did send transcripts (I don't know), you will still have to send DCOM transcripts directly from your school.

AACOMAS does not forward transcripts to the schools. That's why we have to painstakingly enter in the info for every class attended in the primary app. The schools get that from what I understand, and nascardoc is right you def have to send official transcripts to the school before matriculation.

AACOMAS does not forward transcripts to the schools. That's why we have to painstakingly enter in the info for every class attended in the primary app. The schools get that from what I understand, and nascardoc is right you def have to send official transcripts to the school before matriculation.

Thanks for the replies. And sorry if this is a stupid topic. I am just late in the ballgame in applying and couldnt find any of this stuff on here or the aacom site. My gpa calculations are done now so my aacomas should be sent out soon........So you need to send the transcripts after a decision is made about you, not before you can interview. Is that correct?

Thanks for the replies. And sorry if this is a stupid topic. I am just late in the ballgame in applying and couldnt find any of this stuff on here or the aacom site. My gpa calculations are done now so my aacomas should be sent out soon........So you need to send the transcripts after a decision is made about you, not before you can interview. Is that correct?

Yep you got it. The schools only need your transcripts once they've accepted you and you've decided to go there. Good luck!! :luck:

Yep you got it. The schools only need your transcripts once they've accepted you and you've decided to go there. Good luck!! :luck:

thanks a lot! you are a real LIFE SAVER :laugh:

Thinking about DCOM for next cycle.....I dont have to have my degree, do I. Are any of you that have been accepted planning to attend without a degree. I appreciate your comments.

I better lay off the sarcasm, as apparently, I've strung a few too many strings on some uninvolved emotional people.

AACOMAS doesn't send scripts to schools.

Have you even received an invite for interview yet?

I agree with Dr Acula. As someone who has been hurt personally by a statement that Dr Inviz has said to me, maturity is getting past it and moving on. There are so many different personality types that you just have to learn to deal with it. Talking about those people and trying to get others to exile them or whatever is almost as immature as the statement Dr Inviz made and apologized for. If anything, this has probably been a good learning experience for him.

Hey now, I helped prove your point with my sarcasm ... that should be enough to make amends ... ;)

Sorry to post a second in a row, but...

Is it supposed to be weird that Dr. I is applying as a 21-year-old? Is that not the age most people apply to medical school? 21-22?

It's hard to say age is a valuable judge of maturity. I mean, I was a really mature 12-year-old and I've just regressed since then.:)

:laugh:

Just because someone did not get in, they have to be a bad sport about it. I hope that person isn't 30. Anyways, I am sure those on the waitlist will have their chance. At any rate, I find it ridiculous to have to use a forum to monitor waitlist movement. SDN is definitely not affiliated with adcoms. The information about waitlist movement should be attained directly from the medical school, not some forum.

Thinking about DCOM for next cycle.....I dont have to have my degree, do I. Are any of you that have been accepted planning to attend without a degree. I appreciate your comments.

As long as you will be graduating before matriculation, you're chill.

I better lay off the sarcasm, as apparently, I've strung a few too many strings on some uninvolved emotional people.

AACOMAS doesn't send scripts to schools.

Thanks for the info Dr. I..........to answer your question, no I haven't been invited for an interview. DCOM has my supplement and letters of recommendation, but they are still waiting on the AACOMAS. I didn't realize how long it took to process and send, but it should be sent out to the schools in a few days. If I get interviews I will be happy, if not I will just student teach this semester to finish up my masters in teaching degree, and start early for the 2008 process.

Thanks for the info Dr. I..........to answer your question, no I haven't been invited for an interview. DCOM has my supplement and letters of recommendation, but they are still waiting on the AACOMAS. I didn't realize how long it took to process and send, but it should be sent out to the schools in a few days. If I get interviews I will be happy, if not I will just student teach this semester to finish up my masters in teaching degree, and start early for the 2008 process.

Well hopefully you get in following your eventual interview, I wouldn't want you to follow the ranks of a bitter waitlist candidate ... :thumbup:

Well hopefully you get in following your eventual interview, I wouldn't want you to follow the ranks of a bitter waitlist candidate ... :thumbup:

I appreciate it........being from Eastern Kentucky (yeah I'm a hillbilly :) ) DCOM would be perfect since its close to home but far enough away to not be bugged by family and friends. Pikeville is just too close to home. Being part of a pioneering class, DCOM's new building, and system based curriculum would be exciting to be a part of. I would be another xbox 360er as well!

I appreciate it........being from Eastern Kentucky (yeah I'm a hillbilly :) ) DCOM would be perfect since its close to home but far enough away to not be bugged by family and friends. Pikeville is just too close to home. Being part of a pioneering class, DCOM's new building, and system based curriculum would be exciting to be a part of. I would be another xbox 360er as well!

Yes, the mixed traditional/systems-based curriculum is the new trend and the best form of education for medical school. It works well with the inherent increase in specialization with its evidence-based approach.

PCSOM blows.

Did anyone have an idea if they've made decisions on the interviews from 2/12 yet?

Call them. We don't know anymore than you do.
for at least interviews from the 6th till now they havent sent them out... i talked to paul today and he said dean stowers was stuck in d.c. because of weather and then had a family emergency...
so he will be getting in town tomorrow to review the decisions and letters will probably be sent out on monday...

for at least interviews from the 6th till now they havent sent them out... i talked to paul today and he said dean stowers was stuck in d.c. because of weather and then had a family emergency...
so he will be getting in town tomorrow to review the decisions and letters will probably be sent out on monday...

:thumbup:

YAY!!!! Found a house. No Dr. Inviz, it is not a shack.;)It is on about four acres, has incredible views, four/five bedrooms, and a porch you can enjoy the views on. I went over to the school, but only had time to take a few pictures of the outside. I also got my kids registered in the daycare at LMU, my husband most likely has a job with Pilot, and everything seems to be working out.

We drove around everywhere and I really think the best place to look for a house is somewhere along Hwy 63 between Harrogate and Lafollette/Jacksboro. The road is an almost completely straight road that is an easy drive from Harrogate to Jacksboro. Then, you can hop on 75 and have an easy drive to Knoxville. Our house (if it works out) is in Speedwell which is halfway between Harrogate and Lafollette. It looks like my husband will be working right outside Lafollette. This means that I will be fighting you all for the rotations in Knoxville. Sorry Dr. I, no Morristown for me now.

We also drove past the apartments and they seem to be coming along nicely. My husband is has to go to the Pilot Corporate office for a second interview with Pilot at 3:00, and then we are leaving to start the drive home. I didn't have a chance to see if there were any T-shirts, so I guess that will have to wait until we get down here. I am going to try to post some pics now, but the connection here stinks. Talk to you all soon!:) :love:

Dcom.

Attachments

• DCOM5c.JPG
    DCOM5c.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 323
  • DCOM2c.JPG
    DCOM2c.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 323
Our house.:love:

Attachments

• House1.JPG
    House1.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 351
  • house3.JPG
    house3.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 314
  • house4.JPG
    house4.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 307
  • house5.JPG
    house5.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 311
  • house6.JPG
    house6.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 329
  • house7.JPG
    house7.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 319
The house is nice! It does have indoor plumbing and heat, right? :p

No inside pics? I expected to see the kids out by the front door saying, "CHEESE!"

Congrats!:luck:

YAY!!!! Found a house. No Dr. Inviz, it is not a shack.;)It is on about four acres, has incredible views, four/five bedrooms, and a porch you can enjoy the views on. I went over to the school, but only had time to take a few pictures of the outside. I also got my kids registered in the daycare at LMU, my husband most likely has a job with Pilot, and everything seems to be working out.

We drove around everywhere and I really think the best place to look for a house is somewhere along Hwy 63 between Harrogate and Lafollette/Jacksboro. The road is an almost completely straight road that is an easy drive from Harrogate to Jacksboro. Then, you can hop on 75 and have an easy drive to Knoxville. Our house (if it works out) is in Speedwell which is halfway between Harrogate and Lafollette. It looks like my husband will be working right outside Lafollette. This means that I will be fighting you all for the rotations in Knoxville. Sorry Dr. I, no Morristown for me now.

We also drove past the apartments and they seem to be coming along nicely. My husband is has to go to the Pilot Corporate office for a second interview with Pilot at 3:00, and then we are leaving to start the drive home. I didn't have a chance to see if there were any T-shirts, so I guess that will have to wait until we get down here. I am going to try to post some pics now, but the connection here stinks. Talk to you all soon!:) :love:

Nice!!!!!!

Hi, I have a question about housing. I just interviewed at DCOM this week, and while I won't know if I got accepted for another month-ish, I was wondering how everyone going there is going to find housing. The new apts won't be an option as my boyfriend and I have a dog, and he will need to find a job, so we will most likely need to live inbetween Harrogate and a bigger town. Are there any good websites? I've briefly looked, and am not finding much. And given our financial situation, I think we'd probably prefer to rent... but I'm not seeing many options. We live in Washington state, so going there just to house hunt isn't really an option. Any suggestions???
Thanks

Hi, I have a question about housing. I just interviewed at DCOM this week, and while I won't know if I got accepted for another month-ish, I was wondering how everyone going there is going to find housing. The new apts won't be an option as my boyfriend and I have a dog, and he will need to find a job, so we will most likely need to live inbetween Harrogate and a bigger town. Are there any good websites? I've briefly looked, and am not finding much. And given our financial situation, I think we'd probably prefer to rent... but I'm not seeing many options. We live in Washington state, so going there just to house hunt isn't really an option. Any suggestions???
Thanks

One website I've used a lot is www.realtor.com You can check for houses, rentals, land, etc. You can select a ton of different options when searching. I really like the site and it does a good job. I know there are some other websites given in the last DCOM page (part II). You can always try Century 21, ReMax, etc. One I can remember is www.knoxnews.com

I'm on the dreaded alternate list. What's the low down on that?? How many? Chances? Anybody know?

I used the federal pin for lmu-dcom to add the school on my fafsa application. However, the name of the school appeared as
LEMOYNE-OWEN COLLEGE
807 WALKER AVE
MEMPHIS
Federal School Code: 003501

It's so strange, so iam saving my application at the moment. Did any of you guyies do your fafsa already? Can someone help me out with this?

I used the federal pin for lmu-dcom to add the school on my fafsa application. However, the name of the school appeared as
LEMOYNE-OWEN COLLEGE
807 WALKER AVE
MEMPHIS
Federal School Code: 003501

It's so strange, so iam saving my application at the moment. Did any of you guyies do your fafsa already? Can someone help me out with this?

Yeah, it is just under Lincoln Memorial University....there isnt one for DCOM specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.