Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine- Part THREE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help, I have my interview on 2/27 and I need to know what kind of questions I should watch out for.

Why medicine?
Interests/Hobbies?
Ethical situation -- have you been in one and explain?
Ethical situation -- scenario based.
Have questions for them.

Anything else? Feel free to PM.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview feedback helps some. they will ask the general questions (Why medicine?, why DO?, why DCOM?). They will probably throw you a tough question or two to see how you respond, so dont freak out. Maintain an open posture the entire time, its a subconscious thing. Read about the school, read up on the history of the school and area, read your application and personal statement. Best advice is the cliché: be yourself. Whatver you do, dont can your answers, they can tell. Relax, dont be afraid to pause, and speak clearly. Enjoy the interview, its short and stress free, the people are really nice and are generally supportive. Get to know your fellow interviewees...helps you relax and meet some people who could be in your class next fall. Get a good night of sleep and put your best foot forward. Not much else you can do, so good luck, hope to see you next fall.

Interview feedback helps some. they will ask the general questions (Why medicine?, why DO?, why DCOM?). They will probably throw you a tough question or two to see how you respond, so dont freak out. Maintain an open posture the entire time, its a subconscious thing. Read about the school, read up on the history of the school and area, read your application and personal statement. Best advice is the cliché: be yourself. Whatver you do, dont can your answers, they can tell. Relax, dont be afraid to pause, and speak clearly. Enjoy the interview, its short and stress free, the people are really nice and are generally supportive. Get to know your fellow interviewees...helps you relax and meet some people who could be in your class next fall. Get a good night of sleep and put your best foot forward. Not much else you can do, so good luck, hope to see you next fall.

I was not asked "why DO/DCOM;" however, when they did ask "why medicine?" that is the time you can mention your reasons for DO/DCOM. FYI.
The HI Express is also very accomodative. The shuttle system to and from DCOM is also available. I agree with the rest of the statements, but history is more irrelavent since they tell you the history of the area/school prior to interviews anyways and is never emphasized during the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know how to make the next couple of months go by a little quicker cause im gettin a littly antsy for school to start.....I should probably enjoy the time Ive got doing nothing though lol.....

:thumbup:

Golden Girl:

I had the standard questions, (why DO, why DCOM, etc.) I also had questions about how I handle stress, my favorite non-science class, etc. My interview was really quick. I think it was probably only about ten minutes long. It was really relaxed and laid back. Everyone is so nice there that they just make you feel right at home. You will be swept away by their kindness and enthusiasm and fall in love with the school like I did. :love: I am sure that you will be fine. The best thing you can do is to be yourself. Good luck!!!:luck: :luck:

So If I get accepted, i mean if I get an interview, I mean if my damn aacomas get sent out,.........who is hitting up the local harrogate drinking establishments with me??? Dr I are you in? nascar? Docmom and the hubby? sunny? firemedic? mcdreamy? and anyone else I have left out since I am fairly new here? I know you have to study your ass off, but first shot is on me first week if I make it there :)

You might be in for a bit of an awakening if you go visit DCOM. :)

Apparently, in Middlesboro, KY you can't buy any alcohol. In Claiborne Co. TN you can just buy beer, you go to Virginia if you want to buy wine, and if you want hard liquor, you apparently have to go to Knoxville. I didn't know this before headin' out there, but I figure it's not that big of a deal...and it appears we'll be living near Knoxville anyway, so if we get the urge to go have a drink, we'll be able to...

I get the feeling there's not a ton of time for this sort of thing.

chriscam you left me out! but I'll still accept the shot offer...

MJB - are there bars, and I use that term loosely, in Claiborne Co.? how did you find all of this out?

chriscam you left me out! but I'll still accept the shot offer...

MJB - are there bars, and I use that term loosely, in Claiborne Co.? how did you find all of this out?

haha I truly apologize......guess I will have to buy you 2 rounds for that.....I am sure there are some drinking holes somewhere to use as after test stress relief. But I probably should worry about getting an interview before anything :)

A local realtor filled us in on the various booze laws...

Dr. Leo did mention a place where you can get a burger and a barley pop in Harrogate for less than 5 bucks if I remember correctly.

A Green Bay fan that I interviewed with ended up finding a sports bar of some sort down by Tazewell to watch the Thursday night NFL game the night before our interviews on the NFL Network. I hope she got in and will be there, she was pretty cool, but I don't think she posts here.

I'm retiring from drinking when I start school...

but I'm sure I will allow for the occassional "vacation" when we finish a stressful period of tests.

in regards to the interview, I was asked most of the same questions. I pretty much bombed my ethical question, though. Ethics aren't really important to doctors anway, right?:) My interview also took 40 minutes. I wonder if that is a bad sign of DocMom's only took 10 and she's been in forever.

My stats: 32R, 3.0 gen, 3.1 sci
(I screwed up on the bio)

two rounds?? great! now I really hope you get in haha...

sports bars are a definite plus, going to need to find somewhere to watch my giants on sundays...

My interview went long....like 45-50 minutes I think...and it was supposed to be 30.

If we get the Sunday Ticket again next year, we might have to see about hosting some football sundays...but I also will have to have ESPN Gameplan to watch college football, so who knows.
I would watch the Chiefs, but I think Herman is a *****.

my interview was pretty short... they asked me the questions everyone has been posting and also about my hometown in relationship to being in TN... we also talked a lot about group studying, learning, etc - Dr. Leo is very interested in getting a strong group environment... theyre specifically building study rooms for group studying...

two rounds?? great! now I really hope you get in haha...

sports bars are a definite plus, going to need to find somewhere to watch my giants on sundays...

If the Giants would ever start the hefty lefty (Lorenzen) over Eli I would become a Giants fan with ya! Until then I will cheer for my jailbird Bengals

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview went long....like 45-50 minutes I think...and it was supposed to be 30.

If we get the Sunday Ticket again next year, we might have to see about hosting some football sundays...but I also will have to have ESPN Gameplan to watch college football, so who knows.
I would watch the Chiefs, but I think Herman is a *****.

whose your team in college football? and I will probably definitely have espn gameplan wherever I am as well.

whose your team in college football? and I will probably definitely have espn gameplan wherever I am as well.

I'm a season ticket holder for Kansas State Football and Men's Basketball.

Trying to figure out how to hold on to both sets of tickets during school!

I'm looking forward to the series with the 'Canes in like 2010.

Opening on the road at Auburn next year. I might have to try to go to that.

I'm a season ticket holder for Kansas State Football and Men's Basketball.

Trying to figure out how to hold on to both sets of tickets during school!

I'm looking forward to the series with the 'Canes in like 2010.

Opening on the road at Auburn next year. I might have to try to go to that.

aww K State basketball is about to soar with Huggins. I watched Bill Walker in high school when he was O.J Mayo's teammate. Both are great players. Its sad Walker got hurt this year. My family is season ticket holders for UK basketball and Football. It would be nice to get back closer to see some games, although the basketball cats are really struggling.

Beasley (and his Notre Dame Prep team) just played an exhibition game vs. IMG Academy in Manhattan yesterday.
All indications are that this guy is the TRUTH, and when Huggs puts him on the court with Walker and mixes in Hoskins, a big, and a distributor at the point, they should contend for the Big 12.

It kinda sucks that I've sat through all these years of ineptitude only to move away and miss out on what should be some very fun years for KSU bball. Still hoping to make the tourney this year...two biggies this week playing @Okie State and then finishing up with OU.

I would love to see my bball 'Cats play your 'Cats in Lexington! The football team plays in Louisville in a couple years.

*Sunny steps up to the mic, taps on mic, check-check*

GO BEARS! GO COLTS! GO COWBOYS! GO DOLPHINS!

*Sunny beats a hasty retreat out of thread* :smuggrin:

~~~~~

It's all about the Longhorns and the Cowboys, and the Colts, too.

My interview was 20-25 minutes. I absolutely tore up the Ethics questions. Yes, I know my medical ethics quite well ...

I'm retiring from drinking when I start school...

HAHA... dude, when med school starts is when your heavy drinking and insane drug use begins! haha jk! Im down for the shots, but only in between classes!

My interview was kick ass, I had Dr. Routman, him and I talked for almost an hour about ART! He asked me what I do to relax and release stress and I told him i'm an artist and I paint murals and that when Im painting all my troubles and time dissapear. Well his wife is also an artist and we hit it off really well. Some people at my interview said they were asked random science questions like, "whats an enzyme?" haha...

Beasley (and his Notre Dame Prep team) just played an exhibition game vs. IMG Academy in Manhattan yesterday.
All indications are that this guy is the TRUTH, and when Huggs puts him on the court with Walker and mixes in Hoskins, a big, and a distributor at the point, they should contend for the Big 12.

It kinda sucks that I've sat through all these years of ineptitude only to move away and miss out on what should be some very fun years for KSU bball. Still hoping to make the tourney this year...two biggies this week playing @Okie State and then finishing up with OU.

I would love to see my bball 'Cats play your 'Cats in Lexington! The football team plays in Louisville in a couple years.

yeah Beasley is gona be a stud........if walker gets back to full health next year k-state will be a top ten team..........I thought I would never say this, but I like the chances of our football team beating K-state more than our basketball team. Huggins would never play in Lexington while at Cincy, so I doubt he will now. But if I am at DCOM at k-state comes to rupp, we are there.

ME Hapie to InFUrms you ThAt I Fund me a Nise ApurtMentz FUr RENT In HARROGATE! ITS NISE!! One Bedrum and one Shuwer. ONLY $39 pur munth! ANyone WAna Be Me RumAte???

atrash.jpg

He's said he will only go on the Road in the OOC for 2 reasons.

1. To recruit a certain area (hence, the Xavier series)
2. National TV

It would be AWESOME to see them go play UK...

As for Football, our new guy is either going to put KSU on the map, or drive the program back to pre-Snyder levels I'm afraid.

I still remember Ron Hudson (former KSU OC we were glad to be rid of) trying to split Lorenzen out and run option with him and stuff! :)

As for my interview, it was really laid back...nothing too tough. Chatted with one of the clinical faculty about fish tanks, and the remote location of Kirksville.

My interview was kick ass, I had Dr. Routman, him and I talked for almost an hour about ART! He asked me what I do to relax and release stress and I told him i'm an artist and I paint murals and that when Im painting all my troubles and time dissapear. Well his wife is also an artist and we hit it off really well. Some people at my interview said they were asked random science questions like, "whats an enzyme?" haha...

Art?!?! LOL! Cool. I love painting. I am really into all of the arts as well. I compose my own piano music and paint and write and all of that stuff. We will get along great! Maybe we can start an art club. ;) Actually, in my interview we talked a little bit about the arts because I was asked what my favorite non-science class was and I said it was one of my creative writing classes. That led into a conversation about the arts and theater on campus and in the area.

Doctor Acula: As for the length of my interview, I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the other interviews that day were longer. I don't know why mine was so short. I talked really fast at the beginning of it though because I was nervous. Maybe I talked faster than I thought.:rolleyes: Just relax and try not to worry about it. Nice MCAT score by the way! :thumbup: Good luck!!!:luck:

Art?!?! LOL! Cool. I love painting. I am really into all of the arts as well.

Haha, you crack me up! You wanna make a CLUB out of everything!!! The only club I would be interested to go to would be a "Cooking" club, because I would go and eat all your food! :scared: haha....

He's said he will only go on the Road in the OOC for 2 reasons.

1. To recruit a certain area (hence, the Xavier series)
2. National TV

It would be AWESOME to see them go play UK...

As for Football, our new guy is either going to put KSU on the map, or drive the program back to pre-Snyder levels I'm afraid.

I still remember Ron Hudson (former KSU OC we were glad to be rid of) trying to split Lorenzen out and run option with him and stuff! :)

As for my interview, it was really laid back...nothing too tough. Chatted with one of the clinical faculty about fish tanks, and the remote location of Kirksville.

As long as you are in the Tenn part of the state line you can mention Hudson's name, but its against the lat in Kentucky :laugh: I will never figure out what exactly his was thinking on some of the things he did with Lorenzen and Shane Boyd.

Haha, you crack me up! You wanna make a CLUB out of everything!!! The only club I would be interested to go to would be a "Cooking" club, because I would go and eat all your food! :scared: haha....

LOL! Ummm, yea well I am not "cooking" in the cooking club. I only plan on joining to eat everyone else's cooking. :rolleyes: :smuggrin: :laugh:

LOL! Ummm, yea well I am not "cooking" in the cooking club. I only plan on joining to eat everyone else's cooking. :rolleyes: :smuggrin: :laugh:

:idea: REMEMBER "EMA", she hasn't posted anything on here for a while, but she can really cook!!! How about we trick her into joining our "cooking" club and tell her she's our "cooking club president" and tell her she should cook so that we can "learn" from her.... THEN WE JUST EAT ALL THE FOOD AND RUN!!!

:idea: REMEMBER "EMA", she hasn't posted anything on here for a while, but she can really cook!!! How about we trick her into joining our "cooking" club and tell her she's our "cooking club president" and she can cook so we can "learn" from here.... THEN WE JUST EAT ALL THE FOOD AND RUN!!!

LMAO!!! I will let you work that out with Ema.;) :laugh:

Hey DoctorMom,

What kind of music do you play/compose? I'm a total music freak but I don't compose anything. That's pretty cool!!

ME Hapie to InFUrms you ThAt I Fund me a Nise ApurtMentz FUr RENT In HARROGATE! ITS NISE!! One Bedrum and one Shuwer. ONLY $39 pur munth! ANyone WAna Be Me RumAte???

atrash.jpg

Sweet jebus! It should be a sin to treat an Airstream trailer like that! :smuggrin:

I don't drink, but I love to hang out with "mature" folks who like to enjoy themselves. As long as no one pukes in my car, iIm golden.

How can they not sell liqour in Harrogate?? Dagnabbit they MAKE Jack Daniels in Lynchburg, TN!!!

Sweet jebus! It should be a sin to treat an Airstream trailer like that! :smuggrin:

I don't drink, but I love to hang out with "mature" folks who like to enjoy themselves. As long as no one pukes in my car, iIm golden.

How can they not sell liqour in Harrogate?? Dagnabbit they MAKE Jack Daniels in Lynchburg, TN!!!

Looks like we have found the DD :)

Looks like we have found the DD :)

Yep, but I WILL pull my ride in your yard at 5am on Sunday for a wash and wax if anyone upchucks in the wagon!

"Mc Dreamy, Inviz, Chris, Austin, T-funk, Don't MAKE me pull this car over and come back there." :laugh:

I know there's a bar in Harrogate for sure, I don't know if it's a dry town tho, I heard its not! If they don't sell liquor there im sure there will be someone in our class that will drive somewhere and buy cases of liquor and sell it! THAT I GUARANTEE!

I'll Take TEQUILA, 1800 or Patron will do! NONE of that Jagermeister CRAP please! And for my casual drink... RUM and Diet! Gotta watch the calories!!! haha! and if I have a beer, it has to be XX Dos Equis with salt and lime!!! :cool:

I don't care so much about the alcohol as long as there are pool tables and karaoke. I bet sunnyjohn sings karaoke!

I don't care so much about the alcohol as long as there are pool tables and karaoke. I bet sunnyjohn sings karaoke!

HAHA, thats funny cuz I found the perfect song to sing at a Karaoke bar once I move to Tennessee!!! Can't wait to sing it! Must warn you now tho, I sing horrible!;)

with a little alcohol in me I have been known to break out some usher :)

That's OK McDreamy . Even bad karaoke rocks!

*Sunny steps up to the mic, Check, check 1-2-3*

Blue Moon of Kentucky keep on shining!

*Sunny wonders were the "pick of destiny" is*

HAHA, thats funny cuz I found the perfect song to sing at a Karaoke bar once I move to Tennessee!!! Can't wait to sing it! Must warn you now tho, I sing horrible!;)

Tennessee Waltz

I was waltzing with my darlin' to the Tennesse waltz
when an old friend I happened to see.
I introduced him to my loved one,
and while they were waltzing
my friend stole my sweet-heart from me.

I remember the night and the Tennessee waltz.
Now I know just how much I have lost.
Yes I lost my little darlin' the night
they were playing the beautiful Tennessee waltz.

I'll definitely have the liven this thing up with some rock alternative ... :cool:

Hey DoctorMom,

What kind of music do you play/compose? I'm a total music freak but I don't compose anything. That's pretty cool!!

Thanks! I guess it is kind of modern/classical. I don't really know though.:rolleyes: I just write it. You will have to come listen to me play if you end up at DCOM.:)

aww K State basketball is about to soar with Huggins. I watched Bill Walker in high school when he was O.J Mayo's teammate. Both are great players. Its sad Walker got hurt this year. My family is season ticket holders for UK basketball and Football. It would be nice to get back closer to see some games, although the basketball cats are really struggling.

UK Basketball, there's nothing better, except the removal of Tubby.

:thumbup: Me too! I am game for a little karaoke.:D

Thanks! I guess it is kind of modern/classical. I don't really know though.:rolleyes: I just write it. You will have to come listen to me play if you end up at DCOM.:)

Hmmm, the question is, are you any good?

ALL MY EX'S LIVE IN TEXAS
By: George Strait

Chorus:
All my ex's live in Texas,
And Texas is a place I'd dearly love to be.
But all my ex's live in Texas
And that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.
Rosanna down in Texarkana; wanted me to push her broom,
And sweet Ilene's in Abilene; she forgot I hung the moon,
And Allison in Galveston somehow lost her sanity,
And Dimple who now lives in Temple's got the law lookin' for me.

Repeat Chorus:
I remember that old Frio river where I learned to swim.
And it brings to mind another time where I wore my welcome thin.
My transcendental meditation, I go there each night,
But I always come back to myself long before daylight.

Repeat Chorus:
Some folks think I'm hidin',
It's been rumored that I died,
But I'm alive and well in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.