Michigan State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does that email mean you were admitted?
I also recieved that email today and am wondering the same thing. It says that we have moved forward in the process but I'm not sure what steps are left since interviews were completed through CASper.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also recieved that email today and am wondering the same thing. It says that we have moved forward in the process but I'm not sure what steps are left since interviews were completed through CASper.

Are you also in state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could someone send in the exact wording if it doesn't have personal info in it?

I also got this email!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I am also confused by this

I am also confused by this
Yeah, I'm wondering the same! I'm trying not to get my hopes up yet, but I wonder what else they're going to base decisions off of since the email doesn't say anything about talking to us during the webinar. I hope they clarify this during the webinar! For IS, the last day to take CASPer was the 17th, so they probably don't have those scores yet. Maybe they are going to wait until they receive all scores and look at all IS applicants before releasing final decisions??

Maybe they have so many applicants they have to weed some out and focus on a smaller subset of applicants for a final decision?

The email explains that it is an invite for a virtual reception webinar to hear from the dean, financial aid, admin, faculty, and current students. I am IS.
Does that email mean you were admitted?
So I'm not sure if this helps you guys at all but all of this information is stuff they have typically done at interview dates in the past. So I do not believe this email means you were admitted since not they didn't say that and this information is typically not just provided to admitted applicants. Next steps are probably just further review of your application.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, long time lurker but first time poster. Two friends of mine both got the CVM presentation invite too, and I didn’t. Trying to stay positive though!

I didn't receive any email about continuation.. Is this only for IS? Now I am panicking lol!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't receive any email about continuation.. Is this only for IS? Now I am panicking lol!!
I’m IS and I didn’t get an email, but everyone I know who did is IS? Not sure 😅

Yeah, I'm wondering the same! I'm trying not to get my hopes up yet, but I wonder what else they're going to base decisions off of since the email doesn't say anything about talking to us during the webinar. I hope they clarify this during the webinar! For IS, the last day to take CASPer was the 17th, so they probably don't have those scores yet. Maybe they are going to wait until they receive all scores and look at all IS applicants before releasing final decisions??
I’m not sure about this. The email said it was based on the file review AND CASPer scores. So I think they reviewed CASPer scores already...

I’m IS and I didn’t get an email, but everyone I know who did is IS? Not sure 😅
Interesting... I am OOS and most of the people I noticed that got the email was IS. But honestly idk..

Received an email this morning inviting me to move forward in the selection process :)
I got this email as well!! :) For clarification, I am IS!!

I am OOS and did not receive an email
I believe OOS still have time to send CASPer scores, so don’t lose hope! From what I know, MSU takes about a month or two longer to get through OOS applicants!

And this is the top part of the email— the rest is just a deadline to respond and survey link.

Attachments

• 77C8610F-C974-492E-ABF4-6C30DB04662F.jpeg
    77C8610F-C974-492E-ABF4-6C30DB04662F.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Love
I am IS and also received the email this morning! However, I have a friend who is IS who didn’t. We think (hope) that they could be sending them out in waves possibly? Not really sure, but congratulations to everyone who received one!

I am IS and also received the email this morning! However, I have a friend who is IS who didn’t. We think (hope) that they could be sending them out in waves possibly? Not really sure, but congratulations to everyone who received one!
I’m hoping for the waves option! I know of 3 IS that got the email, and me and another friend (both IS) who didn’t. Hoping to hear something soon, the original email did say we’d hear by 12/31 so I’m hoping we have until then to get this invitation.

I believe OOS has until 12/10 to send scores fo I bet we don’t hear until this time in December for OOS

this is just a theory but maybe they'll do multiple webinars? I'd think one zoom call with 100+ people would be a bit chaotic, so in my head it would make more sense to split it up into multiple sessions/waves so everyone has a chance to ask their questions/meet some of the older students and faculty without being interrupted.

Reactions: 4 users
this is just a theory but maybe they'll do multiple webinars? I'd think one zoom call with 100+ people would be a bit chaotic, so in my head it would make more sense to split it up into multiple sessions/waves so everyone has a chance to ask their questions/meet some of the older students and faculty without being interrupted.
I just dont understand why they would do this for everyone, seems like a lot of time to go through applicants like that. And hardly fair for them to base a decision off a group like that.

I just dont understand why they would do this for everyone, seems like a lot of time to go through applicants like that. And hardly fair for them to base a decision off a group like that.
I’m guessing that this isn’t so much as to like continue evaluating US but as theyre narrowing their pool, letting us get information about them? (I’m OOS, did not receive email).
like my guess is that they’re gonna do multiple of these, after evaluating groups of casper scores or getting enough people that they know they want to continue to review to do a webinar
I have no clue this is all my own speculation, but I know that part of the admissions process is also schools selling themselves to us:)

All we can do of course is speculate, but that doesn’t always help and can stress you out further For those who are IS but haven’t heard yet, until you hear either way, take a breathe and relax! I’m sure we all know one of the veterinary professions favorite expressions:

No news is good news!

Realistically though, this is the point where they have to start narrowing the pool down. It was this time last year I received my ‘rejection’, but also who knows what’s up this year.

Just keep your chins up and stay positive! Best of luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think this is a way to evaluate the applicants, otherwise they would have made that clear. It wouldn't be fair to judge students off a webinar they have the option to attend. I think this is a way for them to let us know who is moving forward in the process (they had to narrow us down somewhere, they couldn't just send out a massive wave of rejections and acceptances on December 31st without any communication prior) and allow us to get more information about the program before making final decisions.

I’m guessing only IS students that received this email, as the CASPer test isn’t “due” for OOS until December 10th!

Has anyone else not received a confirmation that their CASPER score was received? I sent it on Aug 14 (after I received the invitation) but still have not received a confirmation. A bit worried since the deadline is coming up soon! I am OOS.

Has anyone else not received a confirmation that their CASPER score was received? I sent it on Aug 14 (after I received the invitation) but still have not received a confirmation. A bit worried since the deadline is coming up soon! I am OOS.
Yes, Im out OOS and they emailed me stating that they received it 11/13 and I sent it 10/13.

So I just got another email regarding outstanding pre-reqs. They told me I still need to complete Biology I with Lab even though I got AP credit for this and it’s reflected as such on my transcript. Should I email them to clarify?

I’m IS, but to give you some relief, I sent my scores mid-September and I didn’t get a confirmation email until four days before the score deadline!! It’ll come!!

So I just got another email regarding outstanding pre-reqs. They told me I still need to complete Biology I with Lab even though I got AP credit for this and it’s reflected as such on my transcript. Should I email them to clarify?
I’m sure your email had this, but you could start with this? And further clarifying doesn’t hurt if it’d ease your mind of course!

Also— for those who got the email about pre-reqs, anyone get asked about gen. ed pre-reqs who already HAS their bachelors?? It sounds more generic than anything— with the options being ‘I will have completed a BA by this date’ or ‘I will have not’. As someone who completed hers two years ago, I just wanna make sure this is more generic and I’m just overthinking things lmao

Attachments

• 3F86B21C-4F2B-4D0F-917F-DF3AA75A6CBD.jpeg
    3F86B21C-4F2B-4D0F-917F-DF3AA75A6CBD.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 114
I’m sure your email had this, but you could start with this? And further clarifying doesn’t hurt if it’d ease your mind of course!

Also— for those who got the email about pre-reqs, anyone get asked about gen. ed pre-reqs who already HAS their bachelors?? It sounds more generic than anything— with the options being ‘I will have completed a BA by this date’ or ‘I will have not’. As someone who completed hers two years ago, I just wanna make sure this is more generic and I’m just overthinking things lmao
Yes!! I got my bachelors from MSU in 2018 and got the same email with the form. I think it is generic. I think they just want us to be aware of the general Ed requirements maybe. But I feel better knowing you got one, too.

Hey guys. I didn’t get that email and I’m IS. I really thought I had a chance last year but got rejected without even an interview. This year I got a CASPer invite so I thought I was on the right track. I’m just really hoping they’re doing this in waves somehow.

Hey guys. I didn’t get that email and I’m IS. I really thought I had a chance last year but got rejected without even an interview. This year I got a CASPer invite so I thought I was on the right track. I’m just really hoping they’re doing this in waves somehow.
I’m in the same boat, but as someone said before don’t count yourself out until you hear otherwise! Its still possible we could get an email for another session, if they are breaking it up into a couple waves. Fingers crossed for us both still :)

I’m in the same boat, but as someone said before don’t count yourself out until you hear otherwise! Its still possible we could get an email for another session, if they are breaking it up into a couple waves. Fingers crossed for us both still :)
I’m IS as well and in a similar boat! Like someone else said before, the CASPer score confirmation email we receive did say we have until 12/31 to hear back. I wouldn’t be surprised if they set up more webinar dates as more IS CASPer scores get received and reviewed, giving admissions a better picture of the IS applicant pool. There’s still some breathing room for us 😊

Reactions: 2 users
I believe OOS still have time to send CASPer scores, so don’t lose hope! From what I know, MSU takes about a month or two longer to get through OOS applicants!

And this is the top part of the email— the rest is just a deadline to respond and survey link.
I asked the school and they did said the last date OOS applicant can take CASPer is the 12/10 one.
By the way, the CASPer website says 5 minutes for each section, does that mean 5 minutes for all 3 small questions? Since it's ~90 minutes total for 12 sections.

I asked the school and they did said the last date OOS applicant can take CASPer is the 12/10 one.
By the way, the CASPer website says 5 minutes for each section, does that mean 5 minutes for all 3 small questions? Since it's ~90 minutes total for 12 sections.

Yes it is 5min for all small questions in each scenario. Reading/Watching and reflection time was apart from that. I found it pretty hard to finish all your thoughts within that period of time, but was told that is to be expected.

Yes it is 5min for all small questions in each scenario. Reading/Watching and reflection time was apart from that. I found it pretty hard to finish all your thoughts within that period of time, but was told that is to be expected.
Thank you!

I really really recommend taking the time to do the practice test on their website, and start doing some free online typing speed exercises now if you’re taking it on 12/10. The typing tests helped me warm up, and I saw a big improvement in accuracy and speed within minutes. Definitely helps when you have a limited time to get your thoughts down.

I really really recommend taking the time to do the practice test on their website, and start doing some free online typing speed exercises now if you’re taking it on 12/10. The typing tests helped me warm up, and I saw a big improvement in accuracy and speed within minutes. Definitely helps when you have a limited time to get your thoughts down.
Thank you so much! How long do I have to view the question before that 5 minutes start to count down? Is there time to write some note?

It should also be important to note that you will NOT be marked down for incorrect spelling and grammar! It helps to get your thoughts across better of course, but don’t feel like you need to waste time going back to fix spelling and grammar mistakes. As long as those mistakes don’t like impede your thoughts, don’t worry too much about a few spelling/grammar issues!

I took the CASPer a few months ago so I can’t recall 100%, but I think you only have about thirty seconds to a minute to collect your thoughts about the scenario you were given and then you get to see the questions/the timer begins.

Thank you so much! How long do I have to view the question before that 5 minutes start to count down? Is there time to write some note?
I honestly don't remember haha. I know I skipped through the time allowed to think and got straight to writing because I wanted to make sure I got all of my thoughts down, and that the evaluator could see my authentic thought process instead of planning out a perfectly written answer. I'll never know if this strategy helped or hurt me, but I read some books on MMI and CASPer before taking it and they all made it seem like showing your total thought process was important to show mature thinking.

Im OOS and I got an email just saying they have received my casper scores and will be looking at my application. I'm getting nervous.....

It should also be important to note that you will NOT be marked down for incorrect spelling and grammar! It helps to get your thoughts across better of course, but don’t feel like you need to waste time going back to fix spelling and grammar mistakes. As long as those mistakes don’t like impede your thoughts, don’t worry too much about a few spelling/grammar issues!

I took the CASPer a few months ago so I can’t recall 100%, but I think you only have about thirty seconds to a minute to collect your thoughts about the scenario you were given and then you get to see the questions/the timer begins.
Thank you for the information!

I honestly don't remember haha. I know I skipped through the time allowed to think and got straight to writing because I wanted to make sure I got all of my thoughts down, and that the evaluator could see my authentic thought process instead of planning out a perfectly written answer. I'll never know if this strategy helped or hurt me, but I read some books on MMI and CASPer before taking it and they all made it seem like showing your total thought process was important to show mature thinking.
Thank you! Do you remember the 3 small questions pop up all together, or after you finished answer the previous one?

Thank you! Do you remember the 3 small questions pop up all together, or after you finished answer the previous one?
They pop up all together! So you can start on any of the three that you want

Rolling back in to add, don’t dwell too much on answering EVERY question. If one stumps you, make sure the other one’s are answered thoroughly. The scorers are trained to score based on quality and not quantity, so if you are unable to answer one question, you won’t be marked down for no answering it.

Each module thing is worth 9 points I believe, but that doesn’t mean each question is worth 3 points. You’re scored on overall response and quality.

You want to answer all the questions of course, but if you answered 1 or 2 solidly and missed the others, you can still score well!