Pirates of the Caribbean WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Night Closed. Results Pending.

Members don't see this ad.

A mighty fine night o' grog n' :naughty: .... 'ave me eyes on findin' another corsair t' keep me warm tonight... come show me how ye bury yer booty, lad!

Seems we 'ave some interestin' info t' loot into minds eye bout FFM... will see how th' night unfolds afore I make a lynch t' respect th' mods

Can someone else confirm that there is a spiced rum item floating around?

Members don't see this ad :)
Night 2 Results

Another night on this ship. Another night of rum and debauchery. But when the crew arrived on deck to receive their Cap'n's orders, they were met with a sight awful enough to freeze the blood of any pirate. Where there used to be rails were splinters and slime. They crew ran to the spot and saw a body floating face down in the water. SOV barked orders, and the body was quickly hoisted back onto the ship. Although the face was warped, they were able to identify the dead body at Jamr0ckin, aka Sri Sumbhajee. Closer inspection showed that this Pirate Lord with the voice of a 12 year old girl wore the black spot. "The Black Spot! Black Spot!" <Everyone does a strange superstitous dance>

Jam is thrown back overboard, and Cap'n SOV is heard to say..."One among us must have placed that black spot on the hand of Jam. Let us decide who is guilty so that he or she walks the plank!"

Time to Vote for Someone to Walk the Plank

WTP Deadline is 9pm EST tonight.
23 Players Remain
Tortuga
@kaydubs
@tuckervet
@devyn
@DVMDream
@DocEspana

Isla de Mureta
@Lupin21
@wolfspeaker
@hedgiehog
@WhtsThFrequency
@jdh71
@StartingoverVet

Port Royal
@Chillbo Baggins
@that redhead
@Cyndia - Pintel
@swingnsave
@equineconstant

Singapore
@Flim Flam Man
@Jamr0ckin - Sri Sumbahjee
@fromthebox
@allieh8607

Shipwreck Cove
@LetItSnow
@Frozenshades - Commodore James Norrington
@Lissarae06
@shortnsweet
@SummerTheLynx
@nyanko

I think I buy FFM's defense for now as well, however I'd still like to have confirmation from someone else that there is a spiced rum item floating around.

unlynch FFM

Reactions: 1 user
Official WTP Vote

Adding in Contingencies received in thread and PMs.

FFM
- 2 (TV, EC)

Waffles: 1
Missing Votes: 21

Deadline: 9pm EST

*Squawk*

Thar be a dog on this here ship:

zzgrayhound_t607.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
apparently

there is a dog on the ship

and probably a parrot too ;)

Ahoy sexy wanna drop yer anchor nigh me larboard side later? :naughty:

seems FFM may 'ave had an item... 'twould be nice t' know if 'tis floatin' around...

I had a resurrection item th' other night, but it had t' be combined in order t' be useful 'n I lost it...

Are thar any dogs in th' ships? (movies)

Lynch LIS

He struck me as odd yestrday...

Gonna be long day of me packing me treasure chest and headin' back to the land o' knowledge.

I actually felt the same way but thought I would give him a day or two to settle down and make me feel less suspicious. But if I'm not the only one, thin I'll bite.

* * * * * * * *Lynch LIS*********

"O' ah drop ah Nelson's blood would'n doo us any harm, neh a drop o' Nelson's blood would'n do 'ss any harm..."
Eh? What now Ye scurvy dogs? We be trusting FFM's word so far?

"Heave, yo ho boys. Let her go boys steer he back now from the weather. Sail'n homeward for Mingulay!"

Hic' he seems to have thought moving the cap'n was a good idea too. D'no if I be buyin' that.
Where be our info? Alls I be findin' 's me rum.

I actually felt the same way but thought I would give him a day or two to settle down and make me feel less suspicious. But if I'm not the only one, thin I'll bite.

* * * * * * * *Lynch LIS*********

You are both wrong. And, while I don't have a super important role, I so have one that will help the villagers.

That said, I kinda love seeing both DocE and DVMD eat crow, so...... Shrug.

:laugh:

I'll be doing the same, so may as well throw out a random vote and have kaydubs walk the plank.

"When I was a little lad, so me mother tol' me:
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe.
That if I did not kiss the girls, my lips would all grow moldy!
Way haul away, we'll haul away Joe.
Hey way, haul away, we're boun' fer better weather, way haul away, we'll haul away Joe."

I know it be random, but I has an inklin' may not be a blessin' t'ave Kaydubs be walkin t' plank.

Woah! Shiver me timbers, me grog's got me Fallon' o'rboard here!
"Aaand it's all for me grog, me jolly jolly grog, it's all for me beer an tabbaccy!
I spent all mi tin wit the lassie's drinkin gin, so's across t'western ocean I must wander!"

I have no idea who to lynch.

So, since DocE's characterization of me as needing to "settle down" when I've only barely had time to participate seems .... very weird .... and since I might as well lynch someone who I know wants to lynch a villager .... lynch DocE.

The chances of two people both picking cyndia to perform actions upon the same night is about 1 in 625 if my calculations are correct. We seem to be accepting this defense very easily.

I can confirm the existence of a flask of rum. However, it was not spiked nor "spiced", and is an item, not an move by a person (at least the item that I received on day 1 - during the vote for captain)

Well if you got it D 1, and therefore used it or didn't use it N1, such an item would not have been available for FFM to use N1 on Cyndia.

Is it an active item that can be used, or only a passive item that has an effect once received?

I guessing, if it exists, someone used it on ftb :laugh:
Nobody been usin' nuffink on me. I's the by what STL be sayin be truthful.

"I served me time on the Black Ball Line
To me weigh hey hey hu-righ-oh!
On the Black Ball Line I served me time
Hurrah for the Black Ball Line!
The Black Ball Line is good and true
To me weigh hey hey hu-righ-oh!
The Black Ball Line for me and you
Hurrah for the Black Ball Line!"

Well if you got it D 1, and therefore used it or didn't use it N1, such an item would not have been available for FFM to use N1 on Cyndia.

Is it an active item that can be used, or only a passive item that has an effect once received?
a passive item

Two days now I' been Havin' t' grand adventure o' the great Jack Sparrow.
This be not a spiked item. Rather blunt an' round one might be callin it. Aye, we be not thinkin o' the same item as FFM may have acquired.

"Oh, was you ever on the Congo River?
Blow boys, blow.
Black Fever makes the White Man shiver.
Blow me bully boys, blow!
An Irish ship came down the river,
Blow boys, blow.
Her mast and yards they sho'n like silver!
Blow me bully boys, blow!"

Ok then, the rum is passively acquired and has a possible action on the receiver only. So if we are to believe FFM, we not only have two flasks of rum in this game, but the aforementioned incredibly unlikely chance that two people targeted cyndia out of around two dozen other people last night.

So no one knows anything about an active rum item that you can give to people? I'll hold off any lynch vote so everyone can check in.

nah sure I can believe thar are 2 rum flasks on this here ship... now we 'ave a lot o' drunken pirates... but still seems a bit o'erkill - unless one be a role 'n th' other be an item?

now rums a fine drink in me line o' business.. makes th' lads all cross eyed so they can nah see th' extra mass I carry in me stern.... then I can make me move 'n rub me fluttock all up on them.... rawr

so's for now.... lynch ffm

Chillin in the airport...don't have any info from last night though...

Not sure what to think of ffm right now...wtf makes some good points about items and the like. So I'm gonna sit on that a bit and think while waiting to board...

I do think it's kind of weird that FFM chose to move SOV...seems like it would have been beneficial to keep the captain in our group...maybe FFM moved him so that there was a lesser chance that SOV would ask him for information and he would have to come up with a fake alias. Also agree with WTF about the likelihood of two people targeting the same person on the first night of the game being low so I think I'm going to go back to my first instinct and request that FFM walk the plank.

Ok then, the rum is passively acquired and has a possible action on the receiver only. So if we are to believe FFM, we not only have two flasks of rum in this game, but the aforementioned incredibly unlikely chance that two people targeted cyndia out of around two dozen other people last night.

So no one knows anything about an active rum item that you can give to people? I'll hold off any lynch vote so everyone can check in.

It does seem improbable. FFM for WTP

I do think it's kind of weird that FFM chose to move SOV...seems like it would have been beneficial to keep the captain in our group...maybe FFM moved him so that there was a lesser chance that SOV would ask him for information and he would have to come up with a fake alias. Also agree with WTF about the likelihood of two people targeting the same person on the first night of the game being low so I think I'm going to go back to my first instinct and request that FFM walk the plank.
Yeah, agreed it seems a bit fishy.

Seems improbable that 2 people (really 1 person, me, plus however many wolves, 4-5) chose cyndia night one. So your probability calc is incorrect.

I just picked a fairly random noob to block. I don't know why the wolves picked her to burn to a crisp. I moved SOV truly due to RNG. I am of the use it or lose it mentality. Other than single use powers/items of course. If all I can do in my role is move people around, I'm going to do it, to be active. I can move SOV back if you want tonight. Why don't you let me prove my ability and/or investigate me before spouting out crazy 1 in 625 probabilities?

Moving people is NOT generally a wolf ability.

It's not crazy. 1/625 is a rough estimate based on our total of 25 people. So let's assume 4 wolves (since they decide as a group let's count them as one person) and make it 21 villagers

Probability of you, if villager, choosing Cyndia: 1/24

Probability of wolves choosing Cyndia: 1/21

1/24 * 1/21 = 1/504 . If I'm wrong please someone correct me.

The only thing holding back my vote right now is the manner of her death. Trying to connect dots between something in someone's drink and being black and crispy. Does anyone who has seen more of the movies than me have ideas?

Reactions: 1 user