Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone link me to the portal? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I can't seem to find the email with my login info and no one is answering the phone when I call Admissions. Is the Username and password something generic? Like my AACOMAS ID and birthday or something? Thanks!

The username is your AACOMAS ID but the password is a completely randomized series of numbers and letters. You're probably going to have to ask for another email with the login info. Cheers.

I've been accepted to my top choice and don't think I will be matriculating here... who should I email?

Anyone know if the committee is meeting this Friday or next?

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Dean Watkins? My application has been complete for a while but still waiting for an II. I am considering writing a letter of intent. Also, I am just about done with the fall semester so should I be sending in those grades as well?

I love rowan but they're kind of terrible with getting back to emails/phone calls.

II!!! IS, LizzyM 67. Let's go rowan, Round 2 lol Got wait listed last time and then rejected in August. Applied again with 5 times stronger application :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!! IS, LizzyM 67. Let's go rowan, Round 2 lol Got wait listed last time and then rejected in August. Applied again with 5 times stronger application :)
Congrats when were you complete?

Accepted just a few min ago. II Nov 17th.:soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
Got in !!!! Interviewed Nov. 5th!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed yesterday. Great school. Very expensive for out-of-state students.

Accepted!! Lizzy M 69, ORM, in state gpa 3.75, mcat 513. Complete aug 29, interviewed dec 14th accepted yesterday :)))) I absolutely loved this school

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today finally! Can't wait to meet the rest of the class!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all of those accepted! Best Xmas/holiday gift ever.

Got the call yesterday as well. Fingers crossed for all those still waiting.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone applying here! Let me know if you have any questions about Rowan's application process. Will be matriculating this August!
I've been invited to an interview at ROWAN SOM for early January. Can you give me some suggestions on how to prepare for it and what to expect?

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing here either man, congrats to all those accepted! think its worth calling the school to check on your status?
Just be patient, I took me a full 4 weeks to hear back, you don't want to sound desperate or too pushy.

Nothing here either man, congrats to all those accepted! think its worth calling the school to check on your status?

It took me 6 weeks to hear back, hang tight hombre

Still no II yet and was complete 10/13. Anyone in a similar position?

Is it too late to submit a secondary to this school? After some consideration and learning more about it I'd like to be in contention.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've been complete since about late September, but if you look through, some people took weeks to months to get an II, so it's kind of variable with this school. It's also the winter holidays right now, so I don't think this is quite the right time to be pacing your e-mail box. (That being said I'm doing it too so maybe I should take my own advice)

I don't know if they respond favorably to updates and letters of interest. I think I saw one person on the thread said they do but I didn't see anyone else back it up.

People that got accepted recently, did you get the acceptance packet yet? If so was it via email or by mail, I haven't received either yet

People that got accepted recently, did you get the acceptance packet yet? If so was it via email or by mail, I haven't received either yet
I haven't received it either, but someone that got accepted about 2 months ago told me it takes about 2 weeks and is sent by email.

I haven't received it either, but someone that got accepted about 2 months ago told me it takes about 2 weeks and is sent by email.

They should send an email with the packet as an attachment. I also received a mailed letter but it just had the acceptance letter without any other information.

Has anyone heard back from the committee after signing and completing the forms for the background check?

Has anyone heard back from the committee after signing and completing the forms for the background check?
Nop, but I think it might take a couple weeks for the background check to be done, depending on how thorough of a check they are conducting.

Anyone aware if Rowan takes updates/how? My GPA this past semester was much better than what I applied with so thought I might send it in as an update.

Anyone aware if Rowan takes updates/how? My GPA this past semester was much better than what I applied with so thought I might send it in as an update.
You should definitely update them. I remember during interview day, we were told that they only had two interview days a month so far and that they regularly look over applicants for updates !

Any II recently?

And anyone know what's a good email to send updates to.

I've emailed Dean Watkins and other administrators a couple of times before the cycle and never got a reply, so not sure what email is most effective. Thanks.

Any II recently?

And anyone know what's a good email to send updates to.

I've emailed Dean Watkins and other administrators a couple of times before the cycle and never got a reply, so not sure what email is most effective. Thanks.
You should upload any documents to the app portal cuz I heard that they are not so good at email.

You should upload any documents to the app portal cuz I heard that they are not so good at email.
Ah yeah I forgot they had that option. I got them confused with another school that only does email updates.

Should I give them a call? My secondary file was complete on Nov 21st, 2016 but I still haven't received any word from them yet.