Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After submitting your background check, do you receive notification of its completion? And if so, how long did it take to be completed?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
any II's recently? 3.6 GPA, 507 MCAT, solid ECs, research and shadowing hours, in-state and haven't heard a thing since being complete in early September.....
Keep emailing,calling, and updating them on the portal. My interviewer said they really like it when people show continued interest. There seems to be alot of spots left too. Judging by the facebook group..there has been about 90-100 acceptances so far for a 180 person class! Good luck!

For those that interviewed here, would you recommend sending thank you emails to the interviewers? I am debating whether or not it would have any affect on my chances of being accepted or if it would be looked at as an annoyance.

For those that interviewed here, would you recommend sending thank you emails to the interviewers? I am debating whether or not it would have any affect on my chances of being accepted or if it would be looked at as an annoyance.
I typically always send an email, I think its professional. Worst they do is read it and delete it. A lot of times my interviewers responded positively, so I would go for it!

Keep emailing,calling, and updating them on the portal. My interviewer said they really like it when people show continued interest. There seems to be alot of spots left too. Judging by the facebook group..there has been about 90-100 acceptances so far for a 180 person class! Good luck!
Thanks for the response! I emailed admissions a week or so ago. Is there anyone in particular I should reach out to?

Thanks for the response! I emailed admissions a week or so ago. Is there anyone in particular I should reach out to?
Ms Paula Watkins and April Burton would be your best shot!

3.62c and 3.58s average GPAs for the 2016 class...dear god why did I bother wasting the application fee $$$?

Definitely send a thank you email to your interviewer, they're the ones who represent you at the adcom meetings I believe!

Definitely send a thank you email to your interviewer, they're the ones who represent you at the adcom meetings I believe!
I haven't interviewed - I was asking who to email, as I haven't heard anything from this school since being complete in September and would ideally like to have all my options laid out before I have to put down additional money towards the school I was accepted to

After submitting your background check, do you receive notification of its completion? And if so, how long did it take to be completed?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did not receive any notification, but they did send me emails about accepted day and the prematric program.

This is coming from a person who has a hard time with phone calls, if we call to ask for updates, what should we say? Just "Hi i applied for your osteopathic medical school and I'm wondering if there's any updates with my application?" ?

Does anyone know what percent of interviewees get accepted here?

This is coming from a person who has a hard time with phone calls, if we call to ask for updates, what should we say? Just "Hi i applied for your osteopathic medical school and I'm wondering if there's any updates with my application?" ?
Hi I recently applied and I was wondering if you have received all my application materials? Give them ur info and if they say yes, ask them: are they any recent updates regarding my file? Thanks, gave a great day! (Or something like that)

Hi I recently applied and I was wondering if you have received all my application materials? Give them ur info and if they say yes, ask them: are they any recent updates regarding my file? Thanks, gave a great day! (Or something like that)

Perfect, thanks!!

What is accepted students day like/about?

anyone waiting for an II get any updates or responses from the faculty? I emailed them on Tuesday and no response. The anxiety is killing me. Seems like Rowan is going slower than most schools?

anyone waiting for an II get any updates or responses from the faculty? I emailed them on Tuesday and no response. The anxiety is killing me. Seems like Rowan is going slower than most schools?
I emailed them twice and got nada. Super frustrating.

I interviewed last week too and I still haven't heard back. And I thought the committee meets today too ugh this is so nerve-racking.

Yup I interviewed on Saturday too and still waiting. I tried calling a few times about a LOR that was just sent in for me, but they're not answering.

Did anyone who interviewed last week hear back today from admissions? I guess I got waitlisted then sigh

Interviewed on 1/31 and did not hear anything back if that helps

Accepted!! Finally got the call! It was one of my interviewers who called me so I am guessing it just depends on when they have the time to make the call. Hang in there! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yay congrats so happy for you. I'm at work checking my phone like a mad person but at least this confirms that the committee did indeed meet yesterday.

Accepted!! Finally got the call! It was one of my interviewers who called me so I am guessing it just depends on when they have the time to make the call. Hang in there! :)

Who did you interview with?

Any first year students that can go through what happens after the CBC? Will they send us anything about immunization forms or any tests we need to take prior to matriculation?

Excited to be accepted here and just eager to get the process started!

Does anyone know how the committee meetings work? Are all of the applicants that were recently interviewed discussed in the meeting or only a few? I'm so stressed waiting to hear back

This is embarrassing, but I use hotmail as my main e-mail. Apparently I had an interview invite but hotmail blocked the email completely (no spam or junk folder, just deletes the e-mail completely) and is a known issue based off my phone call with their admissions office. If you use hotmail like me, change your e-mail to gmail or something else! Maybe I'm the only one that still uses hotmail but hopefully this helps someone and avoids the mistake I made.

This is embarrassing, but I use hotmail as my main e-mail. Apparently I had an interview invite but hotmail blocked the email completely (no spam or junk folder, just deletes the e-mail completely) and is a known issue based off my phone call with their admissions office. If you use hotmail like me, change your e-mail to gmail or something else! Maybe I'm the only one that still uses hotmail but hopefully this helps someone and avoids the mistake I made.
This is a known issue. Either 1). Your spam mail got cleanup every 7 days automatically, or 2). Like in my case, it's their email server issue. This reminds you to check their portal very often, the history tab.
Don't worry, they usually be very easy on you when this happens. Good luck.

Does anyone know how the committee meetings work? Are all of the applicants that were recently interviewed discussed in the meeting or only a few? I'm so stressed waiting to hear back
Not all the applicants are reviewed, only if your interviewer is able to be at the committee and has finished with his previous batch of applicants, then he/she might present your file to that committee or the next one.

Any first year students that can go through what happens after the CBC? Will they send us anything about immunization forms or any tests we need to take prior to matriculation?

Excited to be accepted here and just eager to get the process started!

Congrats on your acceptance! If it's like last year, you should get an acceptance packet with your official acceptance letter, instructions on applying to prematric, and medical forms to fill out. The medical forms will tell you what you need to have completed before school starts.

I've been complete since September, and haven't heard anything since. I've tried calling/emailing, but have not been able to get into contact. What should I do?

I've been complete since September, and haven't heard anything since. I've tried calling/emailing, but have not been able to get into contact. What should I do?

Same.

Am I the only one that didn't receive any medical forms on the acceptance email package?

Am I the only one that didn't receive any medical forms on the acceptance email package?

I didn't receive any medical/immunization form in the acceptance email or any other email either

I emailed a thank you to Dean Watkins and my interviewer after my interview in September and was accepted in October, so it doesn't hurt!

Got placed on alternate list :( Does anyone know if there is a hold list as well this year? And is there usually alternate list movement at all?

Got placed on alternate list :( Does anyone know if there is a hold list as well this year? And is there usually alternate list movement at all?
How were you notified about it?

I still haven't heard back ugh. But I heard there's a lot of movement in the spring when you are placed in the alternate list and somebody earlier in the thread said that Rowan might only have the alternate list this year.

I got placed on the Alternate List as well. Oh well and I got it through the mail and it was drafted on Feb 3rd so it does confirm that the committee met then.

Is this school known to give silent rejections? just curious.
I was complete October, haven't heard anything yet.
It seems many people are in the same situation though.

Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked?

Okay so I called and was told that by the end of April we can find out where we fall on the alternate list. As of now there is no hold list, but that can change anytime from now until April because they interview through March. So for anyone on the alternate list, call in April to see where you stand in terms of rank and what your chances are of getting off the waitlist.