Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this school known to give silent rejections? just curious.
I was complete October, haven't heard anything yet.
It seems many people are in the same situation though.

You actually might want to either call Admissions or email them. I emailed admissions yesterday, got a reply saying we're still looking stuff over, but after that I actually got a phone call from Paula Watkins explaining to me why it's taking a while for me (turns out it was my sGPA, I'm not surprised by that honestly) so they're mulling it over, not saying yes nor no to me quite yet. I'm assuming a lot of us are in that boat right now of in-between yes or no for various reasons if we were complete way back when.

Members don't see this ad.

You actually might want to either call Admissions or email them. I emailed admissions yesterday, got a reply saying we're still looking stuff over, but after that I actually got a phone call from Paula Watkins explaining to me why it's taking a while for me (turns out it was my sGPA, I'm not surprised by that honestly) so they're mulling it over, not saying yes nor no to me quite yet. I'm assuming a lot of us are in that boat right now of in-between yes or no for various reasons if we were complete way back when.

Yeah I remember calling them back in December because I hadn't heard anything and two days later i received the interview invite. There's no harm in calling and April and Kim are super nice if you talk to them.

Which E-mail address did you send your inquiry to? Thanks!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I E-mailed Dean Watkins, the admissions office, and Mr. Braxton about a week and a half ago and I haven't heard a reply from any of them (I know they're super busy but you said you got a reply the following day?). I've been complete since August and haven't heard a thing. I tried calling admissions to ask about my status and they said they would call me back but never did. Hearing nothing is better than a rejection, but I'm starting to get worried because it has been so long since I've gotten any word. Which E-mail address did you send your inquiry to? Thanks!

Surprisingly enough I emailed over to the admissions one in their FAQ, which is [email protected]. I tried directly contacting someone in the Contact Us page but I reached the same problem of not hearing back. It might not be the same solution for everyone though because I know others who have tried emailing and calling and got a response that way.

And yeah I emailed, got a response, and then I got a call from Ms. Watkins, it was a bit surreal honestly. Wasn't even following day that was all the same day.

I E-mailed Dean Watkins, the admissions office, and Mr. Braxton about a week and a half ago and I haven't heard a reply from any of them (I know they're super busy but you said you got a reply the following day?). I've been complete since August and haven't heard a thing. I tried calling admissions to ask about my status and they said they would call me back but never did. Hearing nothing is better than a rejection, but I'm starting to get worried because it has been so long since I've gotten any word. Which E-mail address did you send your inquiry to? Thanks!

Do you know who you talked to on the phone when you called? Kim is usually super helpful and when I called in December she looked up my name and gave me my status right away. Then when I just called this past week she was helpful and told me all about the alternate list. So I guess it depends on who answers your call

Do you know who you talked to on the phone when you called? Kim is usually super helpful and when I called in December she looked up my name and gave me my status right away. Then when I just called this past week she was helpful and told me all about the alternate list. So I guess it depends on who answers your call
Hi, do you know if there is going to be Hold list this year? or it just alternate list? Thanks

Can you guys list the best number to contact them at that has worked for you? I tried calling them and emailing them about 2 weeks ago and still no response. Thanks!

For anyone who has not got any response back yet, you can try asking (very friendly staff!) but I just called (been complete since August) and they do send rejection letters out. Mine specifically still hasn't been reviewed by the committee so just the luck of the draw I guess, keep hope guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Dean Watkins called me last week and said they still have more interviews to send out and that I should expect one in the next few weeks. This was after I emailed her asking for an update on my application, so there's still interviews left here! And Dean Watkins is personally calling applicants to let them know their status.

Just got medical forms email, lots of blood work and a physical are part of the requirements.

Can anyone who has interviewed here speak to their interview day experience? How long did the interviews last, types of question (were they more general or very specific to your application?) or any other information would be greatly appreciated!

Can anyone who has interviewed here speak to their interview day experience? How long did the interviews last, types of question (were they more general or very specific to your application?) or any other information would be greatly appreciated!
My interview was pretty conversational, about 30 minutes long, and overall really enjoyable! They will likely ask you all of the questions you can typically expect to be asked at a medical school interview and then some questions specific to your application. Overall, great day enjoy it!

My interview was pretty conversational, about 30 minutes long, and overall really enjoyable! They will likely ask you all of the questions you can typically expect to be asked at a medical school interview and then some questions specific to your application. Overall, great day enjoy it!
Thanks for the feedback! Helps ease the stress knowing other people had a conversational interview lol. Do you know if most people use up the entire 30 mins?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback! Helps ease the stress knowing other people had a conversational interview lol. Do you know if most people use up the entire 30 mins?

The entire interview day was pretty relaxed so you really have nothing to worry about. The interview itself will last at least 30 minutes and it's with two people but it's conversational and they ask you the typical interview questions. Everyone on the admissions staff is also extremely nice and friendly so don't be shy to talk to them.

Question for all of the admitted students: Did anyone receive a Rowan ID or username of the sort after you submitted your admissions deposit? (This ID different from your admissions portal info I believe) I am just trying to look into the finacial aid process ahead of time and one of the links requires me to input this information.

Question for all of the admitted students: Did anyone receive a Rowan ID or username of the sort after you submitted your admissions deposit? (This ID different from your admissions portal info I believe) I am just trying to look into the finacial aid process ahead of time and one of the links requires me to input this information.
Nope the only thing I have received so far is information about prematriculation and the health packet...and the two emails after that lol

I got mine from when I called Christine from financial aid.

I just called and was told that I was still under review. They told me they haven't officially decided whether to still conduct interviews through March or April.
Hope this bit of info helps!

I've been complete since August and was told I am still under review. Anyone else in this boat? Have they responded favorably to update letters?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed today, AM! amazing school - facilities, staff, and students. Wish all my fellow AM interviewees the best of luck, you were all awesome!

has anyone who hasn't received an II here yet gotten a rejection letter? When I called to check on my application status, the person I spoke with also mentioned that they would be sending out rejection letters soon.

has anyone who hasn't received an II here yet gotten a rejection letter? When I called to check on my application status, the person I spoke with also mentioned that they would be sending out rejection letters soon.

When I called Friday morning they said they just sent out the second wave of rejection letters. So if you haven't gotten one you're still under review. They said the committee reconvenes on Monday. Hope that helps!

When I called Friday morning they said they just sent out the second wave of rejection letters. So if you haven't gotten one you're still under review. They said the committee reconvenes on Monday. Hope that helps!

Really? Via email? This gives me a small amount of hope haha.

Really? Via email? This gives me a small amount of hope haha.

Same! When I called the office they said something like "well I see here you weren't in the recent batch of rejection letters so that's a good thing!" Haha. I sent them a letter of interest last week so I'm really hoping it helps.

Last edited:
Wow thanks that helps alot!!

I called the admission today and was told that I am on the top 10% of the wait list. She also added that on average top 20% of the wait list gets pulled off each year.

I called the admission today and was told that I am on the top 10% of the wait list. She also added that on average top 20% of the wait list gets pulled off each year.

The rankings are out? who did you speak to? Because when I called earlier this month Kim told me rankings won't be available until April at the earliest because they don't rank until they finish interviewing

Last edited:
The rankings are out? who did you speak to? Because when I called earlier this month Kim told me rankings won't be available until April at the earliest
Well that is what she told me. It seems to me that they did Approximately rate people that are on the wait list. However, they will not release the official ranking until April.

Well that is what she told me. It seems to me that they did Approximately rate people that are on the wait list. However, they will not release the official ranking until April.

Ah okay that makes sense. Hopefully it stays that way because top 10% is awesome. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask for mine. Did she say anything about a hold list?

so if you get a II, are you interviewing for a waitlist spot or an acceptance?

Ah okay that makes sense. Hopefully it stays that way because top 10% is awesome. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask for mine. Did she say anything about a hold list?
She did not mention Hold List. I think every year is different. I believe there will be no Hold list this year. It is just Alternate list.

She did not mention Hold List. I think every year is different. I believe there will be no Hold list this year. It is just Alternate list.

lol okay so I called admissions just now and they told me the same thing as last time. They said they can't give me any ranking until April after they finish interviewing. This wait really sucks

anyone waitlisted/alternate list?

I was told to call back after the new year now I was told to call back sometime in April???? anyone else going thru this?
I've heard of applicants who have been called days before class started.

I was told to call back after the new year now I was told to call back sometime in April???? anyone else going thru this?

Yes! Same thing with me! I was told to call in April after they finish interviewing

II!!! IS, LizzyM 67. Let's go rowan, Round 2 lol Got wait listed last time and then rejected in August. Applied again with 5 times stronger application :)

WHat did you do to strengthen your app?

How was that experience? I heard it's very competitive.

Are you referring to the interview experience or masters? The interview was really laid back, mostly discussing prior research and volunteer experience. It was a while ago though but I don't think I was asked any ethic questions. Of all the schools I went to interviews at, it was the best experience by far.

Good luck everyone, Rowan is a great school. Feel free to message me with any questions about 1st year. Stats were 67 LM OOS

Yup I'm in the same boat as you. I interviewed in October and was wait listed and then later told to call back after the new year I did and then was told to call back in march which I did and now I'm being told I won't know anything until April. It has seriously been the longest year of my life. Idk who gave people these top 10% of the wait list ranking but whoever I spoke to was totally unwilling to share any info with me :(

Yup I'm in the same boat as you. I interviewed in October and was wait listed and then later told to call back after the new year I did and then was told to call back in march which I did and now I'm being told I won't know anything until April. It has seriously been the longest year of my life. Idk who gave people these top 10% of the wait list ranking but whoever I spoke to was totally unwilling to share any info with me :(

Yeah! I called early jan and someone actually gave me a # ranking so i called a few weeks later to see if it was bumped up and I was told "what are you even talking about, there is no waitlist. That's wrong" so yeah.......it's been a long year for me too. I wish I can know sooner to plan accordingly.

Yeah! I called early jan and someone actually gave me a # ranking so i called a few weeks later to see if it was bumped up and I was told "what are you even talking about, there is no waitlist. That's wrong" so yeah.......it's been a long year for me too. I wish I can know sooner to plan accordingly.
Yup I was also given a number and then two days ago when I told admissions that they said that in January so how come now I can't even get a percentage they said that couldn't even be possible because it hasn't been ranked so now idk.