Tufts MBS 2019-2020

Wouldbedoctor

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Haven't seen this thread so I thought I would start it off. I Just accepted my offer and am pretty excited about it!

Are there any current or former students that can provide some advice? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don’t mind what were your stats? My application was fully submitted on Feb 21st!

3.4 CGPA 3.3 SGPA 500 MCAT. I think tufts more than most places commits to holistic review which I am eternally grateful for. :bag:

I was also just accepted but I am probably going to turn it down as I was offered acceptance into the Duke MBS program as well, so I hope my spot helps to get someone off the waitlist! I believe my application was submitted on 2/20 and I got my acceptance 3/21.

I was also just accepted but I am probably going to turn it down as I was offered acceptance into the Duke MBS program as well, so I hope my spot helps to get someone off the waitlist! I believe my application was submitted on 2/20 and I got my acceptance 3/21.
Are you applying to Tufts medical or dental program?

Hi guys, I also just received an acceptance offer today. Still deciding which program to do though, so if anyone can offer insights about this program that'd be great!

I'm pre-medical not pre-dental, but just got the email that my application submitted last week is complete as of today.

How's the turn around time usually?

I'm pre-medical not pre-dental, but just got the email that my application submitted last week is complete as of today.

How's the turn around time usually?
Mine took about a month (submitted late February, got an offer late March).

I'm a 1st year Tufts MBS student, serving as this year's class president - recently accepted to Tufts Dental. I have a lot to say about the program! Shoot me a message, and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Also, the Tufts MBS Facebook page is created so feel free to join. It's titled "Tufts MBS 2019-2020"

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I can't seem to find the Facebook group for "Tufts MBS 2019-2020". I see the page for and have joined "Tufts MBS 2017-2018" which is being actively updated.

Anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: 1 user
I can't seem to find the Facebook group for "Tufts MBS 2019-2020". I see the page for and have joined "Tufts MBS 2017-2018" which is being actively updated.

Anyone else have this problem?
I don't think I can find it either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maaan, I knew my chances weren't great, but just go rejected from the program. Good luck to everybody else :/

here's the link to the facebook group if anyone needs it:

I got accepted to Tufts MBS and Loyola MAMS program and I have to send the deposit/acceptance by May 17 2019. I am leaning heavily towards Tufts.

I believe the TUFTS medical school program is changing starting this fall. Do you know how it would Impact MBS program. I would love to hear your perspective on this.

Going into Tufts MBS is a $100k mistake. You will pay every penny with interest. By the time you become practicing physician, this 100k loan will become 200k+ with interest. you not only lose another 1-2 years by enrolling into this program, but you also lose a year's income as practicing physician. This program will barely improve your application. And they lie to you about how they will get you into their Tufts medical school if you get above 3.7 gpa. There are many classmates of mine who had Tufts MBS GPA >3.9, MCAT>509, with stellar volunteer + work experience but didnt get accepted to anywhere including Tufts MD. If you actually want to get into med school, invest your money into getting a high MCAT score or get into a masters/postbac program that guarantees admission to their MD program. This investment's cost outweights the benefit.
if you want to get into tufts dental school, this program can work for you though.

if you have 1 year to prepare for admission to med school here is my best advice:

get a great MCAT score
take part time science courses (biochem, physiology, pathology, pharmacology) at a cheap program that will inflate your undergrad GPA
do part time research

I'd say this is probably true for most Master's programs (like Gtown or BU) but I would have to disagree with you with regards to Tufts. Students who score above the median MCAT (514) and do well in MBS >3.8 typically get a ton of love from Tufts Med. In fact, about 35% of the MBS class is accepted at Tufts... and a large portion of those accepted decide to go here as well. Gtown and BU can't even compare in terms of how many of their own students they accept. I do agree that a large determining factor will be your MCAT and not just your MBS GPA. Additionally, the timing of your application also has a huge impact on how many interviews you will get.

Going into Tufts MBS is a $100k mistake. You will pay every penny with interest. By the time you become practicing physician, this 100k loan will become 200k+ with interest. you not only lose another 1-2 years by enrolling into this program, but you also lose a year's income as practicing physician. This program will barely improve your application. And they lie to you about how they will get you into their Tufts medical school if you get above 3.7 gpa. There are many classmates of mine who had Tufts MBS GPA >3.9, MCAT>509, with stellar volunteer + work experience but didnt get accepted to anywhere including Tufts MD. If you actually want to get into med school, invest your money into getting a high MCAT score or get into a masters/postbac program that guarantees admission to their MD program. This investment's cost outweights the benefit.
if you want to get into tufts dental school, this program can work for you though.

if you have 1 year to prepare for admission to med school here is my best advice:

get a great MCAT score
take part time science courses (biochem, physiology, pathology, pharmacology) at a cheap program that will inflate your undergrad GPA
do part time research

Currently in the program and just about to finish the first semester and thought I would give my two cents.

While I can't speak to if this program is going to get me into medical school yet I can say that I have had an amazing time so far and have met many people that I will know for the rest of my life both in my program, in the PA school, and in the Med school. So while yes, the point of a program is to get you into med school, this post ignores the fact that you're a respected member of the Tufts Medical school community, have every opportunity that they have, get to participate in research, and overall feel incredibly supported in a process that is very isolating/self-loathing/ competitive. Who of us hasn't thought we should give up and do something else? In this program, no one ever doubts your ability to not only get into med school but be a great doctor and to me, that is absolutely worth it the cost to attend. Granted it is a ton of money to attend this place and that is a whole separate discussion about special masters programs in general. But are the people/ professors/ and structure of the program designed just to take your money disingenuously? not a chance.

Also granted, those of us currently in the program have our fair share of grievances and frustrations with the program. However, these are things I would expect to encounter in any institution.

So if you're like me and were reading these boards in order to decide where to go after the realization that you're not getting into med school. Then this place is it.

That's amazing, do you mind sharing your stats?

35% of class getting into Tufts is BS. They can put whatever number in their website. There is no way to verify that information.

Actually, it's not.

I live here and know people in the medical school who have gone through MBS. If you know anyone who knows Tufts med students just ask them. There are usually 30 MBS students in each class of 200 medical students. MBS is 120 students a year with typically 5-10 people being pre-dent and another 3-5 being pre-PA. About half of the MBS students will get an interview, and the acceptance rate is probably closer to 30%, but regardless, these are the best odds I have ever seen for an SMP without "official linkage". There are also several people from MBS who are accepted to Tufts but decide to go elsewhere due to the lower cost of state schools... so there are probably more than 30 accepted.

Last edited:
(55k+ loan fee + living expenses) + yearly 7% interest = loan will double in 9 years when you start practicing. Good luck paying it all back with the med school loan (another 250k). Dont forget the income tax

The financial burden of SMP is definitely real, don’t get me wrong. I was fortunate enough to have income during enrollment which minimized my loan amount. I understand financial circumstances differ for everyone, but we have decided that this path is what we want and the investment is worth it. There are plenty of options for repayment to make this path viable, even if you have to take out the maximum amount of loans.

Maaan, I knew my chances weren't great, but just go rejected from the program. Good luck to everybody else :/

hey I know this is an old post but could you please lmk about long it took from the day your app was complete to hear back? I tried to DM you but I wasn't able to!