You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Duke Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
waitlisted!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rejected🙁 I guess I'll get to re-apply again next year.
i just got waitlisted. does anyone know how many kids get of the waitlist per year? I dont post here much but I would like to let you all know that Duke is the only school that I interviewed at and I am now on their waitlist. I applied very broadly to many schools. Please god, I hope I get off of their waitlist.
2
216397
.
Last edited:
Waitlisted. That's four. And I'm expecting my fifth waitlist soon (interviewed a long time ago and bypassed so many announcement batches...). Lovely. Because I have no yes's from anywhere yet... Sigh.
waitlisted.
2
252874
waitlisted! Wonder how many people are in this pool.
this makes me nervous. there are so many waitlisted people! what are the chances that we'll get off? i wish i knew 🙁 come on people! those of you holding multiple acceptances, cancel duke


i havent gotten an email.
but i changed my contact info on amcas since the last time duke sent me an email or letter.
what does this mean?
i shouldve called yesterday. no one in the office is picking up.
does anyone know if Duke is using the old addresses or the most updated contact info from amcas?
but i changed my contact info on amcas since the last time duke sent me an email or letter.
what does this mean?
i shouldve called yesterday. no one in the office is picking up.
does anyone know if Duke is using the old addresses or the most updated contact info from amcas?
Got the Duke Dinge too. Ah, man, I hope it was good for you guys as it was for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xaIPszwpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xaIPszwpo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i havent gotten an email.
but i changed my contact info on amcas since the last time duke sent me an email or letter.
what does this mean?
i shouldve called yesterday. no one in the office is picking up.
does anyone know if Duke is using the old addresses or the most updated contact info from amcas?
They reply to ur email on the PAS I think
Waitlisted. That's four. And I'm expecting my fifth waitlist soon (interviewed a long time ago and bypassed so many announcement batches...). Lovely. Because I have no yes's from anywhere yet... Sigh.
word.
Who here has not received any emails? I'm wondering if maybe I didn't get anything b/c I interviewed very late. (I'm not expecting to get in)
Anyone else with nothing.. post in here. I feel like a lotta people aren't posting anything considering the crazy amount of activity a few days ago.
Anyone else with nothing.. post in here. I feel like a lotta people aren't posting anything considering the crazy amount of activity a few days ago.
Last edited:
Nada for me so far... maybe the e-mails are coming out in trickles?
Nothing here either.
haha for all those speculating, I got my waitlist email this afternoon. My last name starts with "L"and I interviewed on 2/20...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I hoped, I dreamed, but I didnt think it would happen! Big envelope even addressed to " (the future) Dr. _________ "
Letter was dated March 10th. DC area.
Letter was dated March 10th. DC area.
Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I hoped, I dreamed, but I didnt think it would happen! Big envelope even addressed to " (the future) Dr. _________ "
Letter was dated March 10th. DC area.
I'm from Southern California and the big yellow envelope came today too!
It looks like they timed it so that we all would have a chance to be notified at the same time. I love how it was addressed to us too! THANK YOU DUKE!!!!!To those that received the emails, I wish you much success. I know that for many of you, Duke was a first choice, and I'd be honored to have you all as potential classmates. Good luck everyone and have faith!
Congratulations to those admitted! You must be thrilled!
Any good news in suburban Boston or thereabouts?
Any good news in suburban Boston or thereabouts?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got the email around 4pm...
i shed some tears, i'll admit it...
i've wanted to go to Duke since i was 3.
it's not the end of the world, just the end of a dream...
but, my blood still runs Duke blue.
congrats to those who got accepted! and best of luck to all the waitlisters!
i shed some tears, i'll admit it...
i've wanted to go to Duke since i was 3.
it's not the end of the world, just the end of a dream...
but, my blood still runs Duke blue.
congrats to those who got accepted! and best of luck to all the waitlisters!
Well, I just got flat out rejected - via email! BAHHH. No worries, moving on. Best of luck to the waitlisters and major congratulations to those who got accepted!
A large yellow envelope for acceptances, and a miserly email for rejections - prefaced by this:
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif] We have been concerned that one of our outgoing servers is not delivering the sizable number of emails. Therefore, I'm sending your decision through my email account. Please DO NOT reply to this email.
It's a dog eat dog world..
[FONT=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif] We have been concerned that one of our outgoing servers is not delivering the sizable number of emails. Therefore, I'm sending your decision through my email account. Please DO NOT reply to this email.
It's a dog eat dog world..
I wonder if retsage, lackli, and/or LET got good news. Fingers crossed for 'em. 🙂
Man, I'm out of town this weekend and can't check my mail. I guess that means I have to wait until Sunday to find out. I didn't get an email, so I guess that's a good sign?
you're probably money, but don't assume anything until you have the fat envelope in your hands.
hey guys,
I got the waitlist email 🙁. Definitely disappointing, but oh well, that school was always way out of my league. huge congrats to the holders of the big yellow envelopes! You guys are awesome!!!
I got the waitlist email 🙁. Definitely disappointing, but oh well, that school was always way out of my league. huge congrats to the holders of the big yellow envelopes! You guys are awesome!!!
Man, I'm out of town this weekend and can't check my mail. I guess that means I have to wait until Sunday to find out. I didn't get an email, so I guess that's a good sign?
I'd hope you've gotten in. Look at that acceptance list.. jeez.
Accepted!
Live in So. Cal and got the envelope today.
Must say, it was awesome seeing the way it was addressed....
To the Future Dr. (Nars Etc.)
🙂 😍
Duke I love you.
You're totally friggin awesome.
Like, if you were a person, I'd marry you, and sign all my assets to you in a prenup.
To all those waitlisted/rejected.... I hope you find the med school that you will be happy at. I honestly feel your pain... Ive gotten a fair share of rejections... but I hope (and believe) that things will end up for the best.
Time to partay like its 2013...and we're MDs
Pull out the apple cider.... snort some candied sugar, I mean just go ALL OUT crazy partying in nerdy premed style.

Live in So. Cal and got the envelope today.
Must say, it was awesome seeing the way it was addressed....
To the Future Dr. (Nars Etc.)
🙂 😍
Duke I love you.
You're totally friggin awesome.
Like, if you were a person, I'd marry you, and sign all my assets to you in a prenup.
To all those waitlisted/rejected.... I hope you find the med school that you will be happy at. I honestly feel your pain... Ive gotten a fair share of rejections... but I hope (and believe) that things will end up for the best.
Time to partay like its 2013...and we're MDs
Pull out the apple cider.... snort some candied sugar, I mean just go ALL OUT crazy partying in nerdy premed style.

Man, Duke has just decided to make this process as nerve-wracking as possible for me. No e-mail, which I take to be good news, but no letter yesterday OR today. No second look e-mail. Anyone else got the communications blackout going on here? And what are we to think about it?
Man, Duke has just decided to make this process as nerve-wracking as possible for me. No e-mail, which I take to be good news, but no letter yesterday OR today. No second look e-mail. Anyone else got the communications blackout going on here? And what are we to think about it?
yep, i'm still in the dark too. *sigh* hopefully there will be a letter monday, but i'm trying not to let myself think about it. (which is clearly working, since i'm posting here 🙄 )
good luck
--Same communications black-out here as well. Baltimore mail is usually pretty terrible, so maybe Monday???????

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you get ur second look email? before or after receiving the envelope.By the way where do you live??? ThanksGot the second look email!!! Definitely did a Risky Business happy dance in my boxers when I read it. Almost certainly attending. Like eggs, the long wait is ova.
When did you get ur second look email? before or after receiving the envelope.By the way where do you live??? Thanks
Received the email at ~9 AM EST. I live in Crooklyn, better known as Brooklyn. Best of luck to ya'll.
EDIT: I did not receive the package yesterday (Friday), and the mail has not yet arrived today.
Last edited:
Received the email at ~9 AM EST. I live in Crooklyn, better known as Brooklyn. Best of luck to ya'll.
EDIT: I did not receive the package yesterday (Friday), and the mail has not yet arrived today.
thanks!!!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
