-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Northwestern (Feinberg) Secondary Application Thread
Started by chad5871
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
has anyone with a summer MCAT (july on) gotten an interview yet?
Took the MCAT on July 18th. Secondary complete (including LORs) on September 12th but I haven't heard anything.
I've been complete here since 8/21. My online status still says "complete and under review." Has anyone called the admissions office re: interview invites with any success?
Just sent them an email. They said I'm still under review. And the waiting continues...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in! Huzzah! Got the e-mail last night.
Congratulations.
When did you interview?
I'm in! Huzzah! Got the e-mail last night.
Congrats!
Congratulations.
When did you interview?
First week of October. I really liked the school and I think it's a perfect fit for me, so I'm stoked.
complete 10/19...two months past deadline...interview invite yesterday...lol...will probably withdraw
I'm in! Huzzah! Got the e-mail last night.
Congrats!
Also
Dale,
I took the MCAT on 22 Aug and had my interview yesterday 11/14. Good luck to you.
Check out my interview feedback!
Congrats to you guys who got in!!! I'm hoping for similar news in a few weeks...
My interviewer (one of the deans of admissions) said that they would be reviewing files on Friday, 11/14 and my file (interview 11/11) would be reviewed on Friday 11/28. So if your interview was prior to mine, your application was probably reviewed yesterday! I don't know how quickly they send out the news though.
My interviewer (one of the deans of admissions) said that they would be reviewing files on Friday, 11/14 and my file (interview 11/11) would be reviewed on Friday 11/28. So if your interview was prior to mine, your application was probably reviewed yesterday! I don't know how quickly they send out the news though.
complete 10/19...two months past deadline...interview invite yesterday...lol...will probably withdraw
lol. Complete 8/21 and no invite yet, why aren't you going to interview?
Interview 10/24. Accepted 11/13. pretty quick return.
lol. Complete 8/21 and no invite yet, why aren't you going to interview?
lol...cuz i already have 15 invites...and i think id rather go 2 pritzker, where i have already interviewed...i dunno im still debating...if i do decline it, ill let ya kno
duz NW give full tuition scholarships?
duz NW give full tuition scholarships?
Yes, I know a case of this. 3.9/40/first author/ivy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol...cuz i already have 15 invites...and i think id rather go 2 pritzker, where i have already interviewed...i dunno im still debating...if i do decline it, ill let ya kno
duz NW give full tuition scholarships?
Just an FYI: I've heard that Pritzker and NU, besides being in the same general area, are very different programs. So even if you had a great interview experience at Pritzker, it doesn't mean you won't like Northwestern as well (although probably for different reasons). But 15 interviews is a lot and I'm sure you'll get into a great school - congrats!
As for the $$$, they do award merit-based scholarships. However, when I asked my interviewer what she did NOT like about NU, she said that the merit-based scholarship opportunities are not extensive enough for the highly-qualified applicants that they accept. It may be a reason that they lose some really great applicants to other programs with better endowments. It is a very expensive school.
Just an FYI: I've heard that Pritzker and NU, besides being in the same general area, are very different programs. So even if you had a great interview experience at Pritzker, it doesn't mean you won't like Northwestern as well (although probably for different reasons). But 15 interviews is a lot and I'm sure you'll get into a great school - congrats!
As for the $$$, they do award merit-based scholarships. However, when I asked my interviewer what she did NOT like about NU, she said that the merit-based scholarship opportunities are not extensive enough for the highly-qualified applicants that they accept. It may be a reason that they lose some really great applicants to other programs with better endowments. It is a very expensive school.
But you get to live in the best part of chicago 🙂 The trade off is the rent and tuition though....
Just an FYI: I've heard that Pritzker and NU, besides being in the same general area, are very different programs. So even if you had a great interview experience at Pritzker, it doesn't mean you won't like Northwestern as well (although probably for different reasons). But 15 interviews is a lot and I'm sure you'll get into a great school - congrats!
As for the $$$, they do award merit-based scholarships. However, when I asked my interviewer what she did NOT like about NU, she said that the merit-based scholarship opportunities are not extensive enough for the highly-qualified applicants that they accept. It may be a reason that they lose some really great applicants to other programs with better endowments. It is a very expensive school.
ah, this is a good point. thanx for the info! hmm...i dunno how much i like pbl tho...doesnt seem like it preps u for the boards...i wonder what their average step1 score is...
i was just at feinberg, and this question was asked. i believe that the assoc. dean said the students' average score is one standard deviation above the national mean.ah, this is a good point. thanx for the info! hmm...i dunno how much i like pbl tho...doesnt seem like it preps u for the boards...i wonder what their average step1 score is...
i was just at feinberg, and this question was asked. i believe that the assoc. dean said the students' average score is one standard deviation above the national mean.
Of course, all schools say something to this effect.
So when do we think the next "wave" of acceptances will come? Seems to be like 11/13 was a magic date.
i'm a bit confused on this. we were told at the interview that we would hear in about 6 weeks, but the website said they send out decisions in batches during november and february. 😕
and yeah, the assoc. dean did confirm that the 13th was the 'magic date' for the first round of acceptances.
Anyone out there heard anything (i.e. acceptances or other post-interview decisions) after the 13th?
Still am not exactly clear on whether or not Northwestern is some sort of rolling starting with the 13th and onwards or there are two acceptance dates / I will have to wait till February. Status page says 4-6 weeks, but I would assume we would have people hearing from them on a rolling basis then.
Still am not exactly clear on whether or not Northwestern is some sort of rolling starting with the 13th and onwards or there are two acceptance dates / I will have to wait till February. Status page says 4-6 weeks, but I would assume we would have people hearing from them on a rolling basis then.
Anyone out there heard anything (i.e. acceptances or other post-interview decisions) after the 13th?
Still am not exactly clear on whether or not Northwestern is some sort of rolling starting with the 13th and onwards or there are two acceptance dates / I will have to wait till February. Status page says 4-6 weeks, but I would assume we would have people hearing from them on a rolling basis then.
The vibe that I got from the admissions office is that they are offering acceptances on a rolling timeline this year, instead of the 2 mass acceptances they did last year...which is great because I don't want to wait that long! I think they are reviewing applications every 2 weeks. But I'm not sure if they will be accepting people every 2 weeks.
Complete 8/15 (around there)
Interview Invite 11/19
Interview Invite 11/19
Complete 8/15 (around there)
Interview Invite 11/19
Congrats! That's around when I was complete too, and I had pretty much given up on Northwestern. I wonder if they are re-reviewing older applications?
Complete 8/15 (around there)
Interview Invite 11/19
Congrats! I was complete 8/21 so maybe there's still hope for me. NW is my #1 choice and I know I'm a long shot, but I'm gonna wait for that rejection letter before I fully close that door 🙂
YES!!!!!! got the acceptance email today, yay!!!! still in shock, made my sleepy-post-lunch day!
When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! I got an acceptance e-mail today and was thrilled. I thought I'd shared dates because the waiting game killed me. I interviewed on 10/16 (plus or minus a day... I forget offhand) and got accepted today (11/25). Good luck to everyone else!
I think I would call the office. I submitted my form last Wednesday.Has anyone gotten the "original acceptance letter and two acceptance forms" in the mail post-email acceptance yet? How long did it take. 11 days and counting here
For all of you that are accepted. did any of you write a letter of intent after your interview?
no. i did send my interviewers thank you notes.
For all of you that are accepted. did any of you write a letter of intent after your interview?
I didn't write a letter of intent. I didn't even know thank you notes were to be done.
Northwestern says they send out acceptances in two batches (Nov. and March), so I would assume they interview into Jan. and Feb. However, last year's invite forum has very very little data on Northwestern- does anyone know if they are pretty much done with invites or if they're going to re-review some applicants to interview after the New Year?
woohoo northwestern
Northwestern says they send out acceptances in two batches (Nov. and March), so I would assume they interview into Jan. and Feb. However, last year's invite forum has very very little data on Northwestern- does anyone know if they are pretty much done with invites or if they're going to re-review some applicants to interview after the New Year?
February 19 was the last interview day in 2007. I'm not sure when the invites were sent or if they plan to interview until mid February this year again.
hrm, deferred decision here.
Sorry to hear that. Looks like they had some waitlist movement in years past though. Do you mind telling us if your decision was via email or snail mail or status page?
I've been ignoring this thread with feigned disinterest in Feinberg (totally totally feigned). But today I got an interview invite! 
Sorry for the uninteresting post but I can't contain my excitement!

Sorry for the uninteresting post but I can't contain my excitement!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! And nice pun.
Although you just gave me a mini-heart attack thinking that maybe acceptances were going out today and my mailbox is empty!
Although you just gave me a mini-heart attack thinking that maybe acceptances were going out today and my mailbox is empty!
I've been ignoring this thread with feigned disinterest in Feinberg (totally totally feigned). But today I got an interview invite!
Sorry for the uninteresting post but I can't contain my excitement!
Sorry to hear that. Looks like they had some waitlist movement in years past though. Do you mind telling us if your decision was via email or snail mail or status page?
snailmail
Still waiting here 😛
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
