2008-2009 Northwestern (Feinberg) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone still waiting for an interview at northwestern? im still waiting and my application has been complete since mid-september.

8/05... Right now I am just waiting for the rejection letter:(

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete 8/28 with no news so I'm wondering if its getting pretty grim.
-Roy

same here. Been complete since mid-september - no news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone with November(mid novemberish) interviews hear anything back yet? They said 4-6 wks at the interview...think we will hear back before the holidays? Last week was 4 wks for me. This was my first interview and a top choice for sure! I am basically crawling out of my skin waiting to hear back!!! My need to check email and SDN for news is approaching unhealthy/destructive levels. Anyone know when the committee/s meet/s? Hopefully, we wont have to wait til the New Year. I was hoping on a nice little X-mas gift. Dr. Wallace, will you be my Santa Claus?:D

I am done venting! After all, I guess waiting longer for good news is better than waiting less for bad news! Good luck:luck: to all!

Anyone with November(mid novemberish) interviews hear anything back yet? They said 4-6 wks at the interview...think we will hear back before the holidays? Last week was 4 wks for me. This was my first interview and a top choice for sure! I am basically crawling out of my skin waiting to hear back!!! My need to check email and SDN for news is approaching unhealthy/destructive levels. Anyone know when the committee/s meet/s? Hopefully, we wont have to wait til the New Year. I was hoping on a nice little X-mas gift. Dr. Wallace, will you be my Santa Claus?:D

I am done venting! After all, I guess waiting longer for good news is better than waiting less for bad news! Good luck:luck: to all!

I was mid-November (11/11) and haven't heard anything yet. Also, the bolded font above perfectly describes my recent life.

I was mid-November (11/11) and haven't heard anything yet. Also, the bolded font above perfectly describes my recent life.
Funny! Hopefully we will know by Friday! :xf: You should cross yours too!

I don't mean to burst any bubbles here, but when I got my "decision will be made after completion of interviews in March" notification, it came by snail mail. There was no e-mail or status page update of any sort. Just FYI.

I don't mean to burst any bubbles here, but when I got my "decision will be made after completion of interviews in March" notification, it came by snail mail. There was no e-mail or status page update of any sort. Just FYI.

Duly noted! Sorry to hear that. Congrats Courage Kid!

Have hope!!!! I was complete 8/16 and got an interview offer a week ago. It can happen. It's not over until the fat lady sings...or the skinny envelope arrives...

After receiving my acceptance to Feinberg, I have been rejected by three schools, waitlisted off two (of my other three) interviews and have received no positive news.

If I didn't have NW, I would be dead from stress right now. So thanks NUFSM for keeping me sane.:love:

congrats, accepted today?

Members don't see this ad :)
AHHHHH I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!! SO PSYCHED! :D:D:D

This marks 6 weeks to the day for me! I interviewed on 11/11.

congrats!! do you mind telling me when you got the notice? was it through email?

congrats!! do you mind telling me when you got the notice? was it through email?

I got it yesterday at 5:30 EST and it was via email. My status page is also updated now. Good luck!

How 'bout those Bears?

Hey all, for those who interviewed, what do you think is the best way to get to Chicago? I'd be in Milwaukee so I'm thinking of driving or taking a bus. Is there a lot of traffic? And if you stayed with a student host, how was it? Thanks :)

Happy holidays!

Hey all, for those who interviewed, what do you think is the best way to get to Chicago? I'd be in Milwaukee so I'm thinking of driving or taking a bus. Is there a lot of traffic? And if you stayed with a student host, how was it? Thanks :)

Happy holidays!

The best ways would be either megabus or amtrak. Megabus is cheapest, but you will run into traffic and it can be bad depending on what time of day you get to Chicago. Amtrak is more expensive but obviously you don't have to worry about traffic.

i just got the interview invite a couple days ago and the available dates are mid-late january. are my chances slim to none this late in the game? (3.9+ gpas, 38S, not as great extracurriculars but not bad by any means)

i just got the interview invite a couple days ago and the available dates are mid-late january. are my chances slim to none this late in the game? (3.9+ gpas, 38S, not as great extracurriculars but not bad by any means)

Are you kidding? You have a great shot at any school with those stats. I got in with a 34 MCAT. If you received an interview invite then they are obviously interested in you.

The best ways would be either megabus or amtrak. Megabus is cheapest, but you will run into traffic and it can be bad depending on what time of day you get to Chicago. Amtrak is more expensive but obviously you don't have to worry about traffic.

Thanks! I got a megabus ticket for $4.50. Amazing! Megabus is the best invention ever. Hopefully the weather won't be so bad - I'm going in late January.

Got my interview invite a few days ago but decided to cancel it....hopefully one of y'all can take it instead :)

why did you decide not to go?

Already got into a program that I think I would rather go to. Given the cost of travel and the conflicts that the interview dates have with my schedule, and the fact that I probably would have gone to the school I was already admitted to over Northwestern, seemed like a better idea if i just withdrew so my interview spot would be open for someone who might actually make good use of it. Don't get me wrong, from what I hear it's a great school, but at this point just didn't seem worth it to go if I probably wouldn't have gone there

Just got an interview invite for Northwestern today! I was complete 11/4. Interview is scheduled for 2/3.

Did anyone who received an interview invite send in any additional LORs as they said we are allowed to do. Do you think this would help increase my chances or does it not make much of a difference?

Did anyone who received an interview invite send in any additional LORs as they said we are allowed to do. Do you think this would help increase my chances or does it not make much of a difference?

I sent in an additional 2 LOR's after I got my interview invite, and at the interview let them know I had sent them. Can't hurt!

Received an interview by e-mail yesterday. It's a great school but gonna decline it due to another acceptance at a school I'd rather attend. Hope someone else picks one up instead!

Received an interview by e-mail yesterday. It's a great school but gonna decline it due to another acceptance at a school I'd rather attend. Hope someone else picks one up instead!

Damn, they've been sending interview invites over the break? ='(

This cycle is starting to look realllll grim for me.

Damn, they've been sending interview invites over the break? ='(

This cycle is starting to look realllll grim for me.

Why so many pre-sec withdrawals? Looks like you cut your chances right there...

complete 8/30 and haven't heard anything (still "under review")= silent rejection?

Mine was under review from mid-July until early December when I finally heard from them. It could be a silent rejection but it could also just be a silent deferral of a decision. If you don't hear back from them by the end of the month, then maybe it's more the former than the latter. But don't give up hope yet!

hi guys,
i was complete on 9/14 and just got an interview today (1/3). i hope this gives some of you hope because i thought i would be rejected. i guess they just left me on pre-interview hold for a while. good luck!

Complete for a long time and got an interview offer 1/2. I took the earliest interview date offered which was Feb 3rd. Their website says they interview though February since someone asked that earlier. Guess I'm really in the last batch of interviewees. I imagine this means that the final interview offers will be in the next few weeks given that their offer dates went through the end of February when I got the email (I think). Good luck to those of you still waiting! I'm super stoked--especially after my WL from PITT...

Complete for a long time and got an interview offer 1/2. I took the earliest interview date offered which was Feb 3rd. Their website says they interview though February since someone asked that earlier. Guess I'm really in the last batch of interviewees. I imagine this means that the final interview offers will be in the next few weeks given that their offer dates went through the end of February when I got the email (I think). Good luck to those of you still waiting! I'm super stoked--especially after my WL from PITT...
I'm interviewing on 2/3 as well so maybe I'll see you there!

Congratulations to all accepted applicants!

As far as I understand, only about 4% get accepted initially (ignoring those accepted off the wait list which eventually pulls the number up to around 5 - 6%). So that's an incredible accomplishment.

For those still waiting, there's still time and the office here is still actively interviewing candidates. So hang in there! I know waiting is torture sometimes, but you'll get through it. :thumbup:

I consider Northwestern Feinberg a top 10 med school... woot!

to the two people interviewing on Feb. 3:

You will definitely meet each other at the first meeting of the morning. Which is really early (I almost overslept it at my student host apt.) by the way.

One of you just needs to introduce yourself by SDN name and you're set. Enjoy Northwestern.

Me too Under Review 8/7. Very unfortunate! I would love to have a shot at Northwestern. I have a few friends in Chicago who love it there. Great school, great ideology! :(

im in the same boat. ive been complete since mid sept and havent heard anything. i think they interview until february so if we dont hear something soon, it looks like we may not have a shot at northwestern...

im in the same boat. ive been complete since mid sept and havent heard anything. i think they interview until february so if we dont hear something soon, it looks like we may not have a shot at northwestern...

Don't give up hope!! I've been under review since 8/19 and I just got an invite today. There were still like 6 or 7 interview dates available for me to choose from, so don't despair yet!

Yeah I was under review from late July until December when I finally got the invite. Now I'm waiting to hear back from them...

Does anyone know when acceptances will start coming out in January? How often does their adcom meet? At the end of the month probably? I know that people through 12/5 have heard, but I'm wondering about the rest of us in December...thoughts?

Just as a heads up, Northwestern is still offering interviews...I got one a couple days ago, but withdrew because I can't afford these trips anymore :laugh: Good luck to anyone still waiting for an interview invite! :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.