2008-2009 Tufts Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im assuming AC people will now be put on the waitlist. I think we wouldve heard by now if we were getting in since the last round of interviews is over. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Im assuming AC people will now be put on the waitlist. I think we wouldve heard by now if we were getting in since the last round of interviews is over. Thoughts?

This is from the school's website:

Students in the final category of remaining in active consideration will continue to be reviewed by the Committee throughout the interview season. If they remain in this category at the conclusion of the interview season, these applicants will then be offered a position on our Wait List by early May.

Are there any people who have been accepted from the AC list?
I interviewed in January and was placed on AC last month

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Tufts on 1/29 and was AC'ed 3/3 - I had pretty much given up cuz I thought my interview was awful, and it's pretty expensive - however, my only other acceptance is even pricier OOS, so unless my state school comes through, if I get pulled from Tufts I will attend. However, I never filled out the financial aid forms, and I wanted to make sure that if I fill them out now I won't be stuck with all private loans (I also just sent my FAFSA info an hour ago) - Please help!

I interviewed at Tufts on 1/29 and was AC'ed 3/3 - I had pretty much given up cuz I thought my interview was awful, and it's pretty expensive - however, my only other acceptance is even pricier OOS, so unless my state school comes through, if I get pulled from Tufts I will attend. However, I never filled out the financial aid forms, and I wanted to make sure that if I fill them out now I won't be stuck with all private loans (I also just sent my FAFSA info an hour ago) - Please help!

I think you're fine. The time sensitive aspect is for instutional aid, not federal.

Just got the call from Tufts, I'm going to be a doctor (first Aceptance!)!!!

Just got the call from Tufts, I'm going to be a doctor (first Aceptance!)!!!

Congratulations! :D

And now I need to go hover by my phone and try to find somewhere with reception. The curse of working in a basement lab.

Do they tend to email wait lists and rejections and call acceptances on the same day?

Last edited:
Thanks! I completely understand your dilemma ... I'm working in a lab myself, though we aren't in the basement so we get pretty good reception. Good luck!

Thanks! I completely understand your dilemma ... I'm working in a lab myself, though we aren't in the basement so we get pretty good reception. Good luck!

Sorry for the repeat posts guys .... my computer decided to act up for a bit.

Has anyone gotten any word regarding their financial aid packet? I sent in my supplemental info but haven't heard a peep from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Casca,
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!
Did you get a phone call from your interviewer, or admissions office? Also, where you on the AC list?

Hi Casca,
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!
Did you get a phone call from your interviewer, or admissions office? Also, where you on the AC list?

Thanks chocolateMD! I got a phone call from Dean Neumeyer this morning. Also, I was not on the AC list.

Casca - where you MaineTrack or just regular MD? Anyone else still waiting to hear from the MaineTrack program?

I am still waiting to hear on the Maine Track decisions (Maine resident, haven't heard back about my interviews yet though)--glad I'm not the only one! I almost jumped out of my skin when my phone rang this morning... Good luck to all still waiting! :luck:

Last edited:
You guys aren't alone......also a Maine resident and Maine Track applicant here and still haven't heard.

i just got in!

I'm so excited. Got the voicemail from Dean Neumeyer after a particularly excruciating lecture on Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. And I can't be more pumped. It's my VERY first acceptance, and I'm so glad that I won't have to reapply again next year.

Good luck to all. I got my voicemail at about 12PM Pacific Standard Time.

Good luck to those waiting!

i just got in!

I'm so excited. Got the voicemail from Dean Neumeyer after a particularly excruciating lecture on Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. And I can't be more pumped. It's my VERY first acceptance, and I'm so glad that I won't have to reapply again next year.

Good luck to all. I got my voicemail at about 12PM Pacific Standard Time.

Good luck to those waiting!

Congratulations! I'm happy to see a lot of people getting first acceptances today. :)

No sign of a voicemail on my end though. :( Does this absolutely mean I wasn't accepted? Does everyone get a call?

Congratulations! I'm happy to see a lot of people getting first acceptances today. :)

No sign of a voicemail on my end though. :( Does this absolutely mean I wasn't accepted? Does everyone get a call?

thanks for the congrats! i don't know if everyone gets a phone call, but he did say that e-mails would be going out tomorrow, and a letter soon afterwards. so i'm hoping for you! :xf:

thanks for the congrats! i don't know if everyone gets a phone call, but he did say that e-mails would be going out tomorrow, and a letter soon afterwards. so i'm hoping for you! :xf:

Thanks for responding!

Just got the email. Active Consideration. :( I don't understand how they can say it's not a wait list but then also say: " A final decision will be reached at any time between now and the end of May. I regret that I cannot be more specific in terms of predicting when our committee will reach a decision on your application."

End of May?! Sigh.

Thanks for responding!

Just got the email. Active Consideration. :( I don't understand how they can say it's not a wait list but then also say: " A final decision will be reached at any time between now and the end of May. I regret that I cannot be more specific in terms of predicting when our committee will reach a decision on your application."

End of May?! Sigh.

It's just a formality. People have been put on AC this entire interview season, so they just send pretty much the same message. It's not really their responsibility to make sense, as they are the ones holding the cards.

It's just a formality. People have been put on AC this entire interview season, so they just send pretty much the same message. It's not really their responsibility to make sense, as they are the ones holding the cards.

Yeah, I know. I'm just being whiny. :)

If this was asked earlier, I apologize - does ANYONE get rejected post interview?

AC'ed as well. They are done interviewing, so maybe just waiting to decide who is going to make it on the waitlist...

i thought all the ACed people would know by 'the end of the week' whether they were A/R/WL.....?

AC at Tufts is just a bunch of BS. I wonder why no one has ever heard of anyone being pulled from the list during interview season if they supposedly review our files at every meeting or whatever.

I hate schools that come with this pseudo-waitlist crap.

JUST VENTING SOME:mad:

I just called the Tufts admission office and was told that the majority of decisions will be determined after May 15th. Another month? :(

I just called the Tufts admission office and was told that the majority of decisions will be determined after May 15th. Another month? :(

Wow. I officially won't hear back from any schools again until around May 15th then.

Wow. I officially won't hear back from any schools again until around May 15th then.
Quirks & Siggie - don't fret, I think you got some misleading information from Tufts.

There are AAMC rules that Admissions Committees must follow. I pulled the following from the AAMC site.

"Prior to May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each school permit ALL applicants (except for EDP applicants) - including those applying to M.D./Ph.D. programs and those to whom merit or other special scholarships have been awarded:

1. A minimum two-week time period for their response to the acceptance offer. 2. to hold acceptance offers from any other schools without penalty.

After May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each school implement school-specific procedures for accepted applicants who, without adequate explanation, continue to hold one or more places at other schools. These procedures:

1. May require applicants to:
i. Respond to acceptance offers in less than two weeks.
ii. Submit a statement of intent, a deposit, or both.

2. Should recognize the problems of applicants with multiple acceptance offers, applicants who have not yet received an acceptance offer, and applicants who have not yet been informed about financial aid opportunities at schools to which they have been accepted.

3. Should permit accepted applicants to remain on other schools' waiting lists and to withdraw if they later receive an acceptance offer from a preferred school."

I think Tufts admissions office probably meant to say that all AC decisions to A/R/WL will be made before May 15th. Which sucks that we'll all have to wait, but keep in mind, an acceptance from the AC or WL is still an acceptance.

Good luck everyone! I feel you're pain - I've been waiting to hear a final decision since November 08!

Hey guys - I just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all of you AC-ers!!

This is what the admissions website says about applicants on A/C and the waitlist.

Students in the final category of remaining in active consideration will continue to be reviewed by the Committee throughout the interview season. If they remain in this category at the conclusion of the interview season, these applicants will then be offered a position on our Wait List by early May.

I havent heard anything from them yet about a waitlist, but I wanted to post this, just to bring it up. :)

Yeah - I called again yesterday and they gave me the same response as before. Basically they said you may get a phone call before May 15th (acceptance I am assuming) and if not, you will get a letter shortly afterward (indicating either a rejection or wait list). I guess it's only two weeks away! A response FINALLY!

Has anyone started a facebook group yet? And is anyone looking for housing??? I want roommates! :)

Hard to let go of my 1st acceptance--

but just couldn't justify paying the COA given my interest in rural med...

Best of luck to you Maine AC'ers. :luck:

got the call thurs morn (may 7)!! 1st acceptance!!!:banana:
was ACed since nov.

oh wow, that's awesome!! congratulations!! and, i guess...it begins?!

good luck everybody!

got the call thurs morn (may 7)!! 1st acceptance!!!:banana:
was ACed since nov.

Congratulations! That's good to hear. They haven't forgotten about the AC people after all. :)

I have forgotten to send back the financial information....would this hurt my chances of coming off the AC list?

Status
Not open for further replies.