2008-2009 Tufts Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I just withdrew from my spot at Tufts. I really hope one of you guys/gals will get a call soon. In the end, I had to go with the best fit for me. Tufts was a very very very close second. I know whoever gets my spot will love the school. Best of luck to you!

cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Have people received any waitlist notices yet? i.e. "Please update your mailing address because we are about to send you something"

Last edited:
Withdrew today, but what an awesome school! Best of luck to everyone, and I hope my spot goes to one of you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
withdrew my accepted spot yesterday. great school, just decided i wanted to be closer to home.

^ I love you guys. Still hoping there's a chance :xf:

withdrew my accepted spot yesterday. great school, just decided i wanted to be closer to home.

Withdrew today, but what an awesome school! Best of luck to everyone, and I hope my spot goes to one of you!!

Just FYI: I emailed Thomas Slavin to withdraw on Wednesday, and then called yesterday to make sure that I would be receiving my deposit!! They said he will be out of the office until Monday...so write Emily Condon just to be sure you meet the May 15 deadline officially...

Last edited:
Nothing today folks?

Maine Track Admissions was meeting today to re-eval # of openings... not sure if they were actually notifying the lucky ones today or tomorrow.

:luck::luck::luck:

I spoke to the Admissions office this morning and letters are going out today!! :scared: Dr. Neumeyer is out of the office today but he'll probably be making calls tomorrow or (more likely) early next week. I'm nervous but can't help being optimistic! I love Tufts & the Maine Track--I hope they love me too!

:luck::xf:Good luck everyone:xf::luck:

I spoke to the Admissions office this morning and letters are going out today!! :scared: Dr. Neumeyer is out of the office today but he'll probably be making calls tomorrow or (more likely) early next week. I'm nervous but can't help being optimistic! I love Tufts & the Maine Track--I hope they love me too!

:luck::xf:Good luck everyone:xf::luck:

so, do you mean letters and calls for the maine track? or for everyone? thanks for the info!

so, do you mean letters and calls for the maine track? or for everyone? thanks for the info!

They didn't specify--but it's been almost a week! Maybe if he calls me I'll ask him (if I don't pass out). ;)

I am assuming letters = Rejection, E-mail = waitlist, call = acceptance?

I am assuming letters = Rejection, E-mail = waitlist, call = acceptance?

no, i don't think a letter means a rejection. i talked to admissions office this morning, and she said the "letters for the waitlist" went out this morning. you decide.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my wait list letter this morning. One more for the bunch
Best of luck to all!

Hi guys, first timer here. Glad I found this thread. I interviewed on the last day, March 31st. I'm also ACed and guessing that I'm gonna get the letters that were sent out yesterday. Hopefully waitlisted, not rejected. Hopefully those still ACed will be waitlisted, not rejected. PINS and NEEDLES!!!!

hey, I've just been waitlisted (got my letter on the 22nd) after being under active consideration since early March...anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or not? They didnt seem to indicate in their letter.

Hey guys! Just got home from work and opened my mailbox and there was a huge envelope from Tufts. For a second I got excited thinking like a high schooler picturing that big envelope meant an acceptance. But I'm happy nonetheless that it contained a offer for a position on the waitlist which I will more than happily accept.

So snail mail does not equate rejection!

I interviewed first week of January, A/Ced early Feb.

Got waitlisted yesterday, I guess could be worse, haha. Did anyone see the new stats for Tufts in the 2009 MSAR? Average GPA is now 3.8 and the MCAT 35 :confused:...2 point jump from the year before.

walitlisted too. Does anyone still under AC not make it onto the waitlist?

walitlisted too. Does anyone still under AC not make it onto the waitlist?

I am under AC and have not received a waitlist letter. I live in Boston and would expect that it would have come by now, so I'm wondering whether I am definitely either an accept or reject...Any thoughts?

I am under AC and have not received a waitlist letter. I live in Boston and would expect that it would have come by now, so I'm wondering whether I am definitely either an accept or reject...Any thoughts?

call them

Hi Guys! Fellow waitlister here, and I've been trying to figure out a few things. Does anyone know if...
Tufts waitlists everyone who was AC'd?
Tufts rejects anyone after interviews?

And most importantly...
Has anyone gotten an acceptance call since May 15?

Hi Guys! Fellow waitlister here, and I've been trying to figure out a few things. Does anyone know if...
Tufts waitlists everyone who was AC'd?
Tufts rejects anyone after interviews?

And most importantly...
Has anyone gotten an acceptance call since May 15?

yes, this is THE question! what happened to all the spots that opened up? i don't believe anyone on SDN has reported being accepted. if so, please speak up!

Didn't get the letter yet, but they told me over the phone.

Has anyone gotten confirmation from Tufts that they received the waitlist form we had to send back to them?

Just received the best voicemail of my life! AHHH! :soexcited: :love:

Congrats, Asystole! Was that for the Maine Track? Also, did you get a waitlist letter last week?

Thank you! And yes, I was accepted to the Maine Track Program. I did get a waitlist letter last week that I only sent back yesterday so I can't imagine they have received it yet. Good luck to everyone still waiting--I've been out of my mind the past few months just wondering if I'd get in. I know it's exhausting but keep being optimistic! :luck:

Hi Guys, just to let you know, I woke up this morning and saw a missed call from 617 --- ---. Was Dean Neumeyer leaving a message about my acceptance. Best news ever! Will most probably go there. Hang in there guys. I'm sure more of us will get in. I'll keep u posted on other acceptance stuff. Anyone know if they require a tuition prepayment?

Hi Guys, just to let you know, I woke up this morning and saw a missed call from 617 --- ---. Was Dean Neumeyer leaving a message about my acceptance. Best news ever! Will most probably go there. Hang in there guys. I'm sure more of us will get in. I'll keep u posted on other acceptance stuff. Anyone know if they require a tuition prepayment?

congrats to both of you! what time did he call? my heart is beating so fast right now.

Congrats to you both!!! So exciting!
Philistic did you get accepted to the Maine Track as well?

Has anyone gotten confirmation from Tufts that they received the waitlist form we had to send back to them?

I just got confirmation today. I mailed mine out last tuesday.

wow, it's been 10 days since anyone last posted here, and even longer since anyone indicated movement - any updates from anyone? I've been putting off looking at housing where I've been accepted for Tufts, but I REALLY want to get in :(

Last edited:
I'm sure they are also just telling us that...if it were moving a lot, I think at least someone else would have posted on SDN in the last 2-3 weeks. From what I have heard from friends at Tufts, is that they are slower than most schools, and waitlist movement is towards the end of June, and really does go til the day before classes.

I'm sure they are also just telling us that...if it were moving a lot, I think at least someone else would have posted on SDN in the last 2-3 weeks. From what I have heard from friends at Tufts, is that they are slower than most schools, and waitlist movement is towards the end of June, and really does go til the day before classes.

agreed...I've been following this thread closely and there have only been two waitlist acceptances, and both were on 5/28 - the likelihood of EVERY other person who's gotten off the waitlist not being on SDN (since a lot of spots have opened up as far as I can tell) is pretty slim.

Keep up the faith people, I am.

I really hope we get lots of activity in the next coming months. Man this process is rough! I am definitely keeping the faith, although I am thinking that it might not be the best thing as I am not as enthusiastic about my current acceptance as I should probably be
Best of luck to everyone!

I just got the best voicemail of my life! I'm going to be a doctor! Accepted to the MaineTrack!

Congrats! Did anyone else get news today?

Congrats! Did anyone else get news today?

nope...it looks like they're taking Maine Track and other special program (e.g., MD/MBA) people first? I think the rest of us regular ol' MD candidates still have a fair shake, from how the waitlist thread moved last year.

I got in off the waitlist for the regular MD program today, so it looks like it's moving. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

The wait list is definitely moving. I also got in on the 28th. Just never got around to posting in here. Withdrew last week and just got a response on Monday (the deadline to send in the deposit was June 9th, so yeah, looks like they're processing the withdrawals from that batch and accepting people again).

Good luck to all still waiting! :luck:

Congrats to all of you accepted!!!
Mind sharing if you sent any additional letters of interest, recommendation or any other documents since receiving a wait list offer?
Thank you all!

Congrats to all of you accepted!!!
Mind sharing if you sent any additional letters of interest, recommendation or any other documents since receiving a wait list offer?
Thank you all!

My wait list offer didn't arrive much before my acceptance, but after I was put under Active Consideration (which happened in.... April?) I sent a new LOR and I think I also sent a combined letter of update/interest. I also sent Thank You notes to me interviewers not too long after I interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.