2009-2010 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that if they do fall in love with your application you get invite very early as soon as you send the secondary. I wonder what they will do with the rest of the applicants. I guess they will wait and then send rejection around April

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, that is also what I would think. I got deferred end of August and its Oct. now with no news while others have been getting news pretty soon after completing their files, which worries me. Hopefully, I hear something soon as my file was actually complete mid. July. GL to you.

Do not be afraid to call or email the Director of Admissions DIRECTLY... the secretary/receptionist does not review the files.. she can only tell you what the Director and other ppl put on the computer...
So, find out what the email address is and contact him/her directly.
Basically, tell her the whole story and ask for an update.
The worst that can happen is that he'll tell you to "wait and that they're still working on ur app"... it will never work against you...

Hope you hear from them soon

Do not be afraid to call or email the Director of Admissions DIRECTLY... the secretary/receptionist does not review the files.. she can only tell you what the Director and other ppl put on the computer...
So, find out what the email address is and contact him/her directly.
Basically, tell her the whole story and ask for an update.
The worst that can happen is that he'll tell you to "wait and that they're still working on ur app"... it will never work against you...

Hope you hear from them soon

Thanks for your reply. I actually have already emailed him twice and never received a response. I don't know what it is, but they don't respond which is very unprofessional. I can understand that they are busy, but other schools have taken the time to answer my questions and I think Morehouse should do the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply. I actually have already emailed him twice and never received a response. I don't know what it is, but they don't respond which is very unprofessional. I can understand that they are busy, but other schools have taken the time to answer my questions and I think Morehouse should do the same.

Check to see if ur using da correct email address..

I am whatever is listed on their website.

Last edited:
Question I got the complete app email, now do they send invites via mail or email? It say they will contact me via snail mail. Was that the case for you guys who go invites?

they invite first with email so you can "arrange travel" and then with snail--which is your real invite. theres a card you gotta send back to them.

they invite first with email so you can "arrange travel" and then with snail--which is your real invite. theres a card you gotta send back to them.

What were ur stats Drzing?.. if u don't mind sharing... PM me if its better...
thx..

yeah, if you don't mind sharing. i'm a regular applicant and i'm just waiting to hear anything from them. do they screen for secondaries?

how long does it take to receive the secondaries for morehouse? i've sent in everything completed about 2 almost 3 weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
interview invite!!!! I'm so excited!

complete: 9/4

Anybody going to the 11/13/09 interview want to go out for drinks before/after?

Nobody heard anything else?

I stated earlier in this thread that I have been waiting for a long time. My app was complete in early July and got deferred over a month ago now from ED. I have no idea when they are going to give me some sort of answer. By the way I emailed them and got the typical "you application is in the process of being screened." (that was after 4 emails lol).

Received a HOLD status on my application. There are three categories as they've outlined in the email - Interview, Hold, Rejection. At least not a rejection, so I've been officially re-shelved to a later date. Still crossing fingers for an invite....good luck to all of you!

Received a HOLD status on my application. There are three categories as they've outlined in the email - Interview, Hold, Rejection. At least not a rejection, so I've been officially re-shelved to a later date. Still crossing fingers for an invite....good luck to all of you!

on hold as well

Also placed on hold. From what I've read from last year's posts...no one mentioned getting of the list. Pretty much disappointed...+pity+

For me and this school, this is the end of the road friends....

cool... I'll see you there... what are your names- I'm Pamela btw.

Also placed on hold. From what I've read from last year's posts...no one mentioned getting of the list. Pretty much disappointed...+pity+

For me and this school, this is the end of the road friends....

Placed on hold....obviously having a PharmD hurt me in the process. Whatever, im not getting any younger either.

yup. hold status was sent via e-mail.

Have you guys ever heard of anyone actually getting off the preinterview hold? or is this our rejection email?

I got the hold email yesterday :(
Let's cross our fingers though! Hopefully this isn't the end for us and this school...

I got the hold email yesterday :(
Let's cross our fingers though! Hopefully this isn't the end for us and this school...

So, what do you guys do to get over this crappy feeling of being put on hold. I am limited to GA and have only 2 schools left, which I am a long shot at anyway d/t my lower MCAT. Being an older nontrad sucks when you have to think about possibly reapplying.

For the photograph... Did you guys drag and drop a photo of yourself in the space provided? Or physically attached a photograph?

For the photograph... Did you guys drag and drop a photo of yourself in the space provided? Or physically attached a photograph?

I physically attached mine because my printer sucks and the quality would be better

I dragged n pasted mine... but it just depends how good ur pic will come out...

For those who were placed on hold, it is certainly not the end of the road for you guys.. If they thought u guys didn't have a chance of getting in, they wouldn't waste time sending you the hold emails...
It just means that you guys will be reviewed at a later time.. Don't give up ur hopes..
Update your file if necessary... Keep on praying n hoping..

I am on hold. I got an e-mail yesterday!:) I am thankful that it is not a rejection!!

did anyone here apply to both morehouse and meharry? since the use the same application system do you think each school can see we applied to the other or if they can read what we wrote. i ask because i am basically writing pretty much the same for each school's essay.

did anyone here apply to both morehouse and meharry? since the use the same application system do you think each school can see we applied to the other or if they can read what we wrote. i ask because i am basically writing pretty much the same for each school's essay.

To my knowledge, the other schools do not see what other schools you apply to (although they may ask you).. They shoudn't be able to pull up your application for another school... I believe that's illegal...

How many students do the interview...basically trying to decide on the chance that I'll be admitted

How many students do the interview...

How many students do the interview...

IIRC they said 240 (I interviewed today and they told us about it), maybe not exactly that many but it is very low. For a class of about 55. They said we shouldn't expect to hear until December - it's still early guys. Good luck!

I'm guessing/assuming/hoping/praying that they admit more than 55 under the assumption that not everyone will accept

i stapled mine on there....i don't think it really matters as long as it's clear!

So, what do you guys do to get over this crappy feeling of being put on hold. I am limited to GA and have only 2 schools left, which I am a long shot at anyway d/t my lower MCAT. Being an older nontrad sucks when you have to think about possibly reapplying.

Well I haven't really gotten over it...I really like this school because of its mission! I feel you though, I'm also a non-trad and certainly am not getting any younger. Why are you limited to GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.