2010-2011 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the invites! I hope mine is on its way. Anyone complete after the 15th of July hear anything? Bchem, when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys quick question. just double checking. for example the question that asks "What do you think you will like the most about being a physician?" Do we have to pretty much choose one aspect that we like of being a physician?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been a while since I submitted my primary and I still don't have any secondary...Is anyone else having this same problem?

It's been a while since I submitted my primary and I still don't have any secondary...Is anyone else having this same problem?

I was verified on 8/9 and have already been screened in and completed at VCU but nothing from EVMS. I'm a little anxious that people are getting interviews already but also relieved by the chance to finish my 9 pending secondaries.

I believe they screen you in. It took awhile for me to get my secondary. They're also more instate so less inclined to give OOS people a secondary.

I believe they screen you in. It took awhile for me to get my secondary. They're also more instate so less inclined to give OOS people a secondary.

Thanks for your informative response. I guess all I can do is wait and cross my fingers. Good luck!

Congrats, Nessy! When were you complete?

Thanks for the congrats! I'm really :D. I was complete in the third week of July. I like being a little vague, for anonymity sake.

Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait generally is after being verified before assuming you've been screened out? I was verified on 7/7 (feels SO long ago though) and have 32T/3.6cGPA, 3.3sGPA .. not sure what to expect really. I haven't heard anything from hear so just wondering at what point to stop waiting

Thanks!

totally was screened out from evms (like 3 weeks after being verified), but i wanted to say yay VLSB and go bears!!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
They do not.
so i will just wait for a secondary... I will be pissed if i dont get it. They called me to encourage me to apply saying I will definitely screen in... Well im waiting for the good news :xf:

so i will just wait for a secondary... I will be pissed if i dont get it. They called me to encourage me to apply saying I will definitely screen in... Well im waiting for the good news :xf:

when was your primary verified?

how do you check your status? is there a link on their website?

Congrats to all fellow interviewees and good luck to hopefuls!

I wanted to see if any OOSers are planning on leaving the day of the interview or the day after? I know the student housing option says it's for the night before the interview, but I feel like it would be nice to have an extra day to check out the area and be less rushed for the flight home...

Last edited:
... i wanted to say yay VLSB and go bears!!! :thumbup:

WOOT, Go Bears!

Quick question .. I did end up getting a secondary from EVMS, but in the deluge of secondaries, realized they have a 30-day deadline for receiving the supplemental app. Anyone know if it's okay if its mailed out by the deadline, and they get it a day later? It's utterly my fault for waiting so long on this .. just wanted to see if anyone's been in a similar situation.

Thanks!

Edit: Scratch that, talked to the Admissions Office, said not to worry about deadline, in case anyone else has the same concern

Last edited:
Hey guys for some of the questions like this one "What do you think you will like the most about being a physician?" Did you talk about one thing you like/single attribute or possibly a few things you like about being a physician? Thanks.

To 2050, yeah the deadlines are usually just so they get you to turn them in asap b/c of rolling admissions, but they're not strict on them.

the deadlines are usually just so they get you to turn them in asap b/c of rolling admissions, but they're not strict on them.

For some reason this feels like bad advice. I don't think it's something you should chance it on. If you have no choice I would give them a call. Letting them know it's on the way is probably the most proactive/best thing you can do.

did everyone stick to the limits/boundary of the space for each question? or did people write more and attach another piece of paper w/ the extended answer?

did everyone stick to the limits/boundary of the space for each question? or did people write more and attach another piece of paper w/ the extended answer?

i just used the space provided...i feel like if they wanted more they would have made the space bigger. the point of having a limit is to show you can make a concise, focused answer

i just used the space provided...i feel like if they wanted more they would have made the space bigger. the point of having a limit is to show you can make a concise, focused answer

yeah def. thanks mbeas. i was just double checking. ha i like how they like to keep answers concise.

been a month and still no secondary...

really? have you tried contacting them?

it took like 2 weeks for me to get one...i was starting to get worried and it finally arrived

Sorry to hear that mate. Do you mind posting when you were complete?

I was just on this thread about to worry about the fact that my AMCAS was submitted the first day possible but I still hadn't received a secondary, but lo! It arrived in my inbox about 10 minutes ago.

EVMS: Not only considerate, but psychic.

My first reject of the season haha. 3.72, 28 OOS (really not surprised, should have never sent in the secondary and saved myself $100!)

Rejected! Oh well, was surprised I even got a secondary lol

Rejected. OOS 28S, 3.5

Good luck to the rest of you guys :luck:

Rejected post-secondary as well.

Complete 8/3, Rejected 8/23

Good luck to everyone else!

Are you guys getting these notifications via snail mail or email? I never got snail mail from them, though I did get an email saying I was complete.

email

"Dear Applicant,

Your application to the entering class of 2011 at the Eastern Virginia Medical School has been reviewed. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant you acceptance to the Entering Class of 2011 at the Eastern Virginia Medical School. We regret that all interested applicants cannot be accepted, but wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Michael J. Solhaug, MD
Associate Dean for Admissions"

I got the same e-mail, pre-secondary. I'm not surprised I was rejected, but with my stats, my PS must have been really bad not to at least get a secondary (nothing super, but people with lower numbers were getting them). :scared:

email

"Dear Applicant,

Your application to the entering class of 2011 at the Eastern Virginia Medical School has been reviewed. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant you acceptance to the Entering Class of 2011 at the Eastern Virginia Medical School. We regret that all interested applicants cannot be accepted, but wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Michael J. Solhaug, MD
Associate Dean for Admissions"

Wow, I called them yesterday and they said they sent a secondary on the third (I checked my email and spam folder and nothing), so now I'm 3 weeks later than I should have been...oh well.

wow yall....sorry to hear about that wave of rejections!

Rejected 35-37, ~3.8 OOS. I actually like this school too...

Sorry to hear that. Was it snail mail and when were you complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.