2010-2011 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a random and unexpected phone call today at 3:01pm inviting me to interview last minute at JMC (tomorrow). I'm super happy to have one more shot at an acceptance this cycle.

BTW, my application status page shows some http error and I hadn't checked it recently so I'm not sure if i had the pending status that everyone is talking about.

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is still hope!! Best of luck.

That's awesome! How are you getting there on such short notice? Are you from the Philly area?

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck today srivastk - that's awesome! Hope you rock it!

I had the same issues everyone had mentioned yesterday (unable to access secondary status page due to error), but now I can, and my app status remains unchanged. :thumbdown:

I had the same issues everyone had mentioned yesterday (unable to access secondary status page due to error), but now I can, and my app status remains unchanged. :thumbdown:

Same here:(. Jeff is one of the last schools I have yet to hear something from, so I'm hoping to hear soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 3.42, 37M
Interviewed 1/19/11

Got the call around 2:30pm. So excited!!!!

Good luck tomorrow! Am gonna to have me a little phone chat with Jeff adcom tomorrow and see what happens.

That's awesome! How are you getting there on such short notice? Are you from the Philly area?

Thanks everyone. I definitely fell in LOVE with Jeff today and really hope for some good news in the next few weeks :)

@Maxwell, I live in Philly, so I was able to get there on short notice. I think that may have also had something to do with the last minute call. Still not sure how that happened since I hadn't previously been offered an interview there, but at this point I'm not going to question it.

Any advice on the interview? I haven't done much looking around yet... what is the structure of the day? How many people do you meet with? Thanks!

(I was invited to fill a cancelled spot for this morning but couldn't make it there in time--only 2 hrs notice--- So I still haven't been given a real interview date but I want to start preparing anyway)

One with faculty, one with student. There is a tour, presentation/talks, and lunch (really good lunch :D).

Nothing to prepare for, more of an enjoy the ride interview day. But haven't they all been that way?

Nothing to prepare for, more of an enjoy the ride interview day. But haven't they all been that way?

Is it a blind interview with a faculty member? Have they looked over your application before speaking with you?

(I was invited to fill a cancelled spot for this morning but couldn't make it there in time--only 2 hrs notice--- So I still haven't been given a real interview date but I want to start preparing anyway)

Woah, 2 hours is cutting it close, but that's awesome! Congrats - and good luck for whenever you reschedule!
I wonder if this means that all the interview slots have been filled, and there's now only room to book people in as cancellations occur.
Does anyone who interviewed recently have any insight into this?

Any advice on the interview? I haven't done much looking around yet... what is the structure of the day? How many people do you meet with? Thanks!

Definitely the most relaxed and stress-free interview day that I've had. You will have a conversational and laid back interview with a student pre-lunch then interview with a faculty member post-lunch. My only advice is cliche and I know you've heard it before--be yourself and enjoy your visit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to bring this up again but @hydro4404 - what's your status say right now?

I ask as I have had the hopeful sounding "Interview to be Scheduled" status for sometime now without any word (and I definitely want a chance at Jeff)

Hate to bring this up again but @hydro4404 - what's your status say right now?

I ask as I have had the hopeful sounding "Interview to be Scheduled" status for sometime now without any word (and I definitely want a chance at Jeff)

Just looked now and it says "Decision Pending." That's odd they haven't called you... I'd call the office and inquire. I'd give anything to get an actual interview date at Jeff but I might have to simply scavenge the cancellations.

Just heard from Jefferson that their interview spots are filled (so I'm out of luck; very sad). Congrats to those fortunate enough to have been selected.

Just heard from Jefferson that their interview spots are filled (so I'm out of luck; very sad). Congrats to those fortunate enough to have been selected.

Wow, I feel extra grateful for having gotten an interview. Thanks to whomever cancelled their interview b/c I'm sure thats the reason I was called in.

How did you get this information? Did you call them, or did they contact you?

How did you get this information? Did you call them, or did they contact you?

I contacted them this morning. Was hoping to schedule an interview slot after not being able to make last week's cancellation but was told there is no more space.

That's weird... I just spoke with a lady in the admissions office who said they interview into April and send the last invites out at the end of this month!

Agreed! I think that last year, the final invitations went out the last week of March, and those dates were for the second week of April.

Yeah, maybe they just ran out of openings in March from cancellations. Maybe more invites for April can still go out.

That's weird... I just spoke with a lady in the admissions office who said they interview into April and send the last invites out at the end of this month!

Then they're telling us different things. Callahan and Brooks both said no more spots unless someone cancels. Or maybe that's just a nice way of turning someone down.

Then they're telling us different things. Callahan and Brooks both said no more spots unless someone cancels. Or maybe that's just a nice way of turning someone down.

The application process is so frustrating for this very reason- it's impossible to get any concrete information from anybody. Sadly, I'd trust Brooks or Callahan over the Admissions office lady. Oh, well. Next year for me hopefully. Good luck to you!

Does anyone happen to know if Jefferson interviews are application-blind? Or have they reviewed your application in order to quiz you on it.

I just snagged a cancellation spot.

Does anyone happen to know if Jefferson interviews are application-blind? Or have they reviewed your application in order to quiz you on it.

I just snagged a cancellation spot.

Student interview was technically blind, but I wouldn't even call it an interview--extremely casual conversation.

My faculty interviewer had my AMCAS application pulled up on his computer. We went through it together, but I don't know if that is typical of the other faculty interviews...

Hi guys,

I have a question about housing. Is there anyone cuttenrly in Martin or who has lived there who can answer to:

Did they like it?
How are the bathrooms? Is it cleaned regularly?
What is the difference between the renovated and nonrenovated rooms?
Is the price worth it?

In general willyou recommend it?

And about the unfurnished apartments in the other two halls, what exactly does it come with?

Thanks

ACCEPTED!!!!!

Call from Dr. C at 2:45! Interviewed one week ago!

Gonna be a doctor!!!!

ACCEPTED!!!!!

Call from Dr. C at 2:45! Interviewed one week ago!

Gonna be a doctor!!!!

Congrats!!

Soooo, to those who still have the "decision pending" status, what are your thoughts?

Congrats!!

Soooo, to those who still have the "decision pending" status, what are your thoughts?

Interview invite! I've had the "Decision Pending" status for a few weeks. I just randomly checked the website, and my status is changed to "Interview Offered" and it is scheduled for 4/13. Looks like I snuck in the very last week. No email yet, so check the website!

I just want to get rejected... I'm sick of this waiting business... :bang:

Interviewed last week. Was really hoping for a call today, but no luck. But I haven't been rejected either, so I'm REALLY hoping for a call next Wed.

Interviewed last week. Was really hoping for a call today, but no luck. But I haven't been rejected either, so I'm REALLY hoping for a call next Wed.

+1...didnt they tell us though that next week they're on spring break tho? We may have wait it out another 2 weeks haha

Interview invite! I've had the "Decision Pending" status for a few weeks. I just randomly checked the website, and my status is changed to "Interview Offered" and it is scheduled for 4/13. Looks like I snuck in the very last week. No email yet, so check the website!

Cool!

Just checked, no such luck, still have decision pending.

I wonder if today is it, or if there are a few more last minute invites.

Well guys, looks like I'm on the "high priority" waitlist. Not entirely sure what that means, but I'm definitely disappointed b/c I was really happy with my interview and really want to go to Jefferson. I emailed them back to clarify what exactly that means, but if anyone can provide insight about that status I would appreciate it. And best of luck to those waiting to hear back.

Well guys, looks like I'm on the "high priority" waitlist. Not entirely sure what that means, but I'm definitely disappointed b/c I was really happy with my interview and really want to go to Jefferson. I emailed them back to clarify what exactly that means, but if anyone can provide insight about that status I would appreciate it. And best of luck to those waiting to hear back.

I don't know much about the high-priority wait list, but when I interviewed yesterday, they said they eventually accept about 60 people that were placed on the wait list. Sounds like it def moves.

I know a few people on the HP waitlist and on the regular waitlist. From what I gather, there is movement off both, although you're definitely better-off being on the HP list. Don't quote me on this, but a friend of mine who is on the HP list has been in contact with their office heard that last year, around 15-20 people were taken off of the waitlists.

I don't know much about the high-priority wait list, but when I interviewed yesterday, they said they eventually accept about 60 people that were placed on the wait list. Sounds like it def moves.

I know a few people on the HP waitlist and on the regular waitlist. From what I gather, there is movement off both, although you're definitely better-off being on the HP list. Don't quote me on this, but a friend of mine who is on the HP list has been in contact with their office heard that last year, around 15-20 people were taken off of the waitlists.

Thanks! You better believe I'm going to bust my butt to be one of those people. I NEED to be one of those people :xf:.

Thanks! You better believe I'm going to bust my butt to be one of those people. I NEED to be one of those people :xf:.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you got the interview because someone canceled right? Did you call them or did they call you?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you got the interview because someone canceled right? Did you call them or did they call you?

They didn't tell me this outright but I'm pretty sure I was given the interview b/c of a cancellation. They called me.

They didn't tell me this outright but I'm pretty sure I was given the interview b/c of a cancellation. They called me.

That's awesome. Did you ever send any letters of interest? You got accepted to drexel ims right? is that deposit refundable if u get accepted to an MD program?

That's awesome. Did you ever send any letters of interest? You got accepted to drexel ims right? is that deposit refundable if u get accepted to an MD program?

I did send a letter of interest in early February. I didn't apply to Drexel IMS so I'm not sure about that. I have been accepted to two other special master's programs and it seems that most programs' deposits are refundable if you are accepted to MD.

I did send a letter of interest in early February. I didn't apply to Drexel IMS so I'm not sure about that. I have been accepted to two other special master's programs and it seems that most programs' deposits are refundable if you are accepted to MD.

I guess i read your post on georgetown nevermind then. Is jefferson still interviewing? Or extending interview invites I should say.

Does everyone who hasn't been rejected or offered an interview yet have the "Interview Status: Decision Pending" message on the website?

Status
Not open for further replies.