You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Yes, that happened to me as well. I emailed them, but haven't heard anything back yet..
Good to know I'm not the only one. I would appreciate it if you would post any reply that you receive. Thanks!
Hi guys, so i recently received the fin aid email asking to apply for scholarships.
If I am not sure yet that I will be attending OSU Med, can I still apply now for scholarships through the application website and fill out FAFSA? Or do i need to wait until i have committed to one school?
If I am not sure yet that I will be attending OSU Med, can I still apply now for scholarships through the application website and fill out FAFSA? Or do i need to wait until i have committed to one school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, so i recently received the fin aid email asking to apply for scholarships.
If I am not sure yet that I will be attending OSU Med, can I still apply now for scholarships through the application website and fill out FAFSA? Or do i need to wait until i have committed to one school?
You will probably need to fill out the FAFSA and have it sent to multiple schools as well as fill out scholarship apps before you decide on one school. Most schools have financial aid deadlines in March, long before you have to decide which school you are going to apply to. You should send the FAFSA and do any local financial aid application prior to the deadline for any school that there is a possibility you will attend (this includes any school you are on the waitlist for or haven't been officially rejected from).
Hey, has anyone had to reschedule interviews? I was supposed to by flying up tomorrow, but I think that the majority of the flights out of Atlanta are going to be canceled. You think the admissions office will be flexible about this situation?
watch the national championship game, that oughtta distract you, which btw, is on ESPN what the heck!!!? (no cable :/)
Haha, no cable here either... :/ that would be a good idea though...
hey r1012 - I'm waiting for "The Call" tonight, too. We can be nervous together. (although in an hour my friends are coming to take me away to watch the Ducks game at a bar so I can stop rocking myself in a corner. Maybe you should get out of the house, too?)
Accepted! Dr. Capers just called and was very sweet. It's my only acceptance and I'll almost certainly be attending OSU. r1012 - I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Accepted! Dr. Capers just called and was very sweet. It's my only acceptance and I'll almost certainly be attending OSU. r1012 - I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Accepted too!! Felt so good to see "Blocked" come up on my phone! See you at second look, perhaps? PS - hope you celebrate at the bar tonight!
whoaa congratz!
did you two JUST interview this past week? or has it been a while? seems like osu gets back to ppl pretty quickly
did you two JUST interview this past week? or has it been a while? seems like osu gets back to ppl pretty quickly
Yup - interviewed last Wednesday. It really says a lot about OSU admissions that they have their act together so much and can decide in under a week. Not sure why it has to be any other way. Congrats, r1012!
woo future classmates! where r u guys from?
Yup - interviewed last Wednesday. It really says a lot about OSU admissions that they have their act together so much and can decide in under a week. Not sure why it has to be any other way. Congrats, r1012!
@Cutie Dibbles - Congrats to you too! I interviewed last Wednesday also haha. The OSU adcom is great - someone told me that they meet directly after the interviews so it's all fresh and that's how they decide so quickly.
@wildlifeiskey - I'm from a suburb of Toledo, OH, but went to Michigan for undergrad and did consulting for a year in DC. Great to see future SDN classmates too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a background check email yesterday. Ohio is the only school I've been accepted to so far, so I'm guessing it was initiated by them. Anyone else get one?
Hey future classmates - to answer your question, I went to UPenn for undergrad and have been living in Cincinnati for the last couple of years. I was born and raised in Minneapolis. Is there an Ohio State thread for our incoming class on SDN?
Is there an Ohio State thread for our incoming class on SDN?
I haven't seen one yet.
liz lemon!!!Yup - interviewed last Wednesday. It really says a lot about OSU admissions that they have their act together so much and can decide in under a week. Not sure why it has to be any other way. Congrats, r1012!
Hey future classmates - to answer your question, I went to UPenn for undergrad and have been living in Cincinnati for the last couple of years. I was born and raised in Minneapolis. Is there an Ohio State thread for our incoming class on SDN?
Congratulations! Also interviewed last Wednesday and got the acceptance call Monday night. Was thrilled and happened to have some leftover bottles of New Year's champagne around... happily I still remember all the details.
I was struck by just how nice people were at OSU. As I and another student were leaving for the airport, a first-year stopped by the admissions and just volunteered to drive us over in his car. He said he'd made this trip 15 times this interview season already. What an inspiring person and one day, an amazing doctor 🙂
Congratulations! Also interviewed last Wednesday and got the acceptance call Monday night. Was thrilled and happened to have some leftover bottles of New Year's champagne around... happily I still remember all the details.
I was struck by just how nice people were at OSU. As I and another student were leaving for the airport, a first-year stopped by the admissions and just volunteered to drive us over in his car. He said he'd made this trip 15 times this interview season already. What an inspiring person and one day, an amazing doctor 🙂
we love potential first years that's why! 😀
So do many people elect to do OSU Grad student housing?
So do many people elect to do OSU Grad student housing?
According to the people I spoke with - very few do.
So do many people elect to do OSU Grad student housing?
I know of one
If i haven't received an invitation for an interview yet and my status hasn't changed, should I assume I have been silently rejected?
i have my interview march 9th...hope there are still seats by then, lol. oos, cali.
but seriously they would not be offering us interviews if they didn't have seats allotted for those interview dates, no?
really hoping to be accepted here, definitely my top choice since I have family living nearby.
but seriously they would not be offering us interviews if they didn't have seats allotted for those interview dates, no?
really hoping to be accepted here, definitely my top choice since I have family living nearby.
Does anyone know what email we should use to send an update email? Is it just [email protected]?
Thanks for any help with this!
Thanks for any help with this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
decision monday!
I called the admissions office on Friday, and they said that because of the holiday, Dr. Capers would not be making calls tonight. So tomorrow is Decision Tuesday.
ahh i thought about MLK day only after the interview day, but nvr got the chance to call and verify. Thanks for letting me know.. I shall postpone my phone-staring activities until tmrw.
good luck to you!
Does anyone know what email we should use to send an update email? Is it just [email protected]?
Thanks for any help with this!
Yes, that is the one I used successfully.
decision monday IS on tonight.
just got a call from Dr. Capers, and I'm >90% sure that I'm going to OSU next year woohoo!!
just got a call from Dr. Capers, and I'm >90% sure that I'm going to OSU next year woohoo!!
What's the turn around after an interview. I'm scheduled for 2/23. Woot, woot. 🙂
What's the turn around after an interview. I'm scheduled for 2/23. Woot, woot. 🙂
one week. you find out the following monday via call if you're accepted.. if not you get a status update tuesday morning.
good luck!!
Has anybody who didn't get a call last night gotten a status update today? I didn't get the call, but I also haven't gotten a status update... so there is this torturous sliver of hope that I may still get some good news.
Congrats to those who have been accepted!
Congrats to those who have been accepted!
Has anybody who didn't get a call last night gotten a status update today? I didn't get the call, but I also haven't gotten a status update... so there is this torturous sliver of hope that I may still get some good news.
Congrats to those who have been accepted!
On the phone, Dr. Capers said that we wouldn't see a status update until Wednesday morning, so I'm pretty sure thats when EVERYONE will receive one.
I hope that relieves a bit of anxiety for you =D
Who's excited for second-look? When is second-look again?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who's excited for second-look? When is second-look again?
I am! I'm not sure when it is, I thought I saw something somewhere on my medstar a while ago but I can't find it anymore...
Just interviewed today, felt kinda meh...
just waiting (hopefully) for a call monday evening. It would completely make my week and semester.
just waiting (hopefully) for a call monday evening. It would completely make my week and semester.
I am excited for second look, and I haven't even had my first look (ie interview!) yet!!!....it cannot be normal that I literally think about/get excited about my interview everrrry single day. and its not until the end of february. ha.
If i haven't received an invitation for an interview yet and my status hasn't changed, should I assume I have been silently rejected?
I'm in the same boat as you and wondering the same thing. My hope is steadily dwindling.
If i haven't received an invitation for an interview yet and my status hasn't changed, should I assume I have been silently rejected?
wondering the same thing...?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.