You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Complete 8/20
Primary screening started 9/3
No word yet on interview/pooling, I'll give it a week or two before e-mailing, but I really like RFU and am hoping for an invite! One of my friends just started here this year.
The waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.
I would wait longer than that.
I was in primary screening for close to a month before I was pooled. The email said it could take 4 to 6 weeks, and they mean it.
Just small pooled today, complete on 8/11
What's the average wait time people who got interviews were in the pool for?
What's the average wait time people who got interviews were in the pool for?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does Rosalind Franklin small pool all their students who submit secondaries?
does Rosalind Franklin small pool all their students who submit secondaries?
I'm not totally sure, but it would seem pretty senseless to small pool everyone who applied. It would defeat the purpose of creating a small pool.
I'm not totally sure, but it would seem pretty senseless to small pool everyone who applied. It would defeat the purpose of creating a small pool.
lol... that was a lil cold (dont think you meant it, though) 😀
lol... that was a lil cold (dont think you meant it, though) 😀
ha it's cool. i just wanted to see what's up w/ their pool. it seems most pools are large and somewhat irrelevant, not sure though.
ha it's cool. i just wanted to see what's up w/ their pool. it seems most pools are large and somewhat irrelevant, not sure though.
With this school, you actually go through a primary screen, and then small pooled... so if you are small pooled, it's a good thing... so far, it seems that most people actually get stuck at the primary screening stage. So I believe being small pooled at this school is very relevant.
I dont know the exact number though.
Last edited:
ha it's cool. i just wanted to see what's up w/ their pool. it seems most pools are large and somewhat irrelevant, not sure though.
True, sometimes they have really quick turn around from small pool to interview invite. I have been in the small pool at RFU for like frickin 6 weeks now.
I have been in primary screening for a week now, I am hoping to hear some good news soon.
Wouldnt it be better if med schools made it easier on us and gave us clear answers rather than the vague timelines
Wouldnt it be better if med schools made it easier on us and gave us clear answers rather than the vague timelines
ha it's cool. i just wanted to see what's up w/ their pool. it seems most pools are large and somewhat irrelevant, not sure though.
Sorry bud. I didn't mean it to be cold. It was just a statement...writing can't convey tone to strangers well.
I would wait longer than that.
I was in primary screening for close to a month before I was pooled. The email said it could take 4 to 6 weeks, and they mean it.
Good point, Barcu. I am just getting antsy, even though I still have a last few secondaries to fill out and my time would be better spent on those than lurking around SDN.
Good point, Barcu. I am just getting antsy, even though I still have a last few secondaries to fill out and my time would be better spent on those than lurking around SDN.
hahaha... I know that feeling all too well... I have one more secondary... and I just can bring myself to completing it (I keep telling myself its a far reach school anyways)..
I just got small-pooled a couple days ago. I was complete 8/12 and went into primary screen 8/17
I just got small-pooled a couple days ago. I was complete 8/12 and went into primary screen 8/17
seems like we're on a similar timeline! Here's to hoping we both get interviews too!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i saw your discussion about the small-pool. i just want to add that i got an interview without going through there.
hahaha... I know that feeling all too well... I have one more secondary... and I just can bring myself to completing it (I keep telling myself its a far reach school anyways)..
You can do it! I have more than just one left... Since it's so expensive, I've been sending things as I have $$ which means it's been slowgoing.
Realized you weren't talking about RF and the reach school thing. Which school is left? 🙂
Last edited:
You can do it! I have more than just one left... Since it's so expensive, I've been sending things as I have $$ which means it's been slowgoing.
Realized you weren't talking about RF and the reach school thing. Which school is left? 🙂
Northwestern... their average mcat is 35~! my MCAT is about average for matriculants... so it's a FAARRR FAARRRR reach school for me.... I'll get it done though... just got to sum up the energy...
C'mon RFU! Toss an invite my way! 😉 (that's a seductive, come hither look in an attempt to entice an RFU invite my way)
C'mon RFU! Toss an invite my way! 😉 (that's a seductive, come hither look in an attempt to entice an RFU invite my way)
LOL, Kaushik! You'll have to let me know if that works, might have to try it myself.

small pooled today :] complete 8/17.
hey ilv, when did you get the "primary screening" email? thanks.
hey ilv, when did you get the "primary screening" email? thanks.
I was complete & started primary screening on 8/17. Goodluck!
Did anyone who applied MD/PhD hear back yet? I have been complete and small pooled, but i thought the MD/PhD pool would be smaller so I would hear a response by now...
Did anyone who applied MD/PhD hear back yet? I have been complete and small pooled, but i thought the MD/PhD pool would be smaller so I would hear a response by now...
Hey,
I applied to the program as well. May I ask when you were complete, because I was complete 8/3 and entered primary screening 8/17 and I still have not heard back.
complete july 28, peimary screening aug 3rd, small pool sept 6...interview ??? I remain praying...Hey,
I applied to the program as well. May I ask when you were complete, because I was complete 8/3 and entered primary screening 8/17 and I still have not heard back.
I like TippyBoat's question....what IS the interview format like, if anyone knows? I'm interviewing in early October..hope to see some of you there! (on the sixth)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been small pooled since 8/23 and still no word 🙁
I have been small pooled since 8/2 and still no word. I don't know when it's appropriate to start calling up schools and being like "uhhh...you guys didn't lose my application, right??"
I have been small pooled since 8/2 and still no word. I don't know when it's appropriate to start calling up schools and being like "uhhh...you guys didn't lose my application, right??"
ha, yea. 8/6 here. I just want to hear something already!

i also have no idea what the interview day is like and i'm interviewing next week 
if no one has any information before then, i will post as much info as possible after my interview - hopefully it will be in time to help you guys out!

if no one has any information before then, i will post as much info as possible after my interview - hopefully it will be in time to help you guys out!
complete july 28, peimary screening aug 3rd, small pool sept 6...interview ??? I remain praying...
At least you applied way early and have already been small pooled...so I can see an interview around the corner🙂
I guess I have to be more patient since you were in screening almost two weeks before I was. Have you applied to any other MD/PhD programs? And what are your stats (i.e. MCAT, GPA, research experience)?
thanks
i also have no idea what the interview day is like and i'm interviewing next week
if no one has any information before then, i will post as much info as possible after my interview - hopefully it will be in time to help you guys out!
Click on interview feedback at the top of the page and click on all schools, then choose Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Health Sciences . If you haven't seen it before it's really helpful if you have no idea what to expect.
Click on interview feedback at the top of the page and click on all schools, then choose Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Health Sciences . If you haven't seen it before it's really helpful if you have no idea what to expect.
Thanks so much for sharing that link -- I had no idea this existed! I appreciate it 🙂
By Small Pooled do you guys mean that you are done with the primary screening process and that you have been placed "in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with CMS"??
I've had that email since 7/27 and I still haven't gotten an interview invite..😕
I've had that email since 7/27 and I still haven't gotten an interview invite..😕
I'm a reapplicant who interviewed at RFU last year. The process consisted of two separate interviews that were each performed by a member of the staff. However, some of the applicants had one interview performed by a med student. The interviews were semi-closed; the interviewers had access to everything but grades and MCAT scores. Free lunch and a tour of the school was provided afterwards. Hopefully this helps...GLI'm very excited for my upcoming interview but feel like I know nothing about the interview day (I did try to search last year's thread, pretty unsuccessfully).
Is it open file or closed file?
How many interviews?
Thanks!
I'm a reapplicant who interviewed at RFU last year. The process consisted of two separate interviews that were each performed by a member of the staff. However, some of the applicants had one interview performed by a med student. The interviews were semi-closed; the interviewers had access to everything but grades and MCAT scores. Free lunch and a tour of the school was provided afterwards. Hopefully this helps...GL
Yes this is exactly correct for this year too. To be quite honest, I was not excited about the school after the interview. I'm starting to see how personal fit is SOO important in choosing a school. But to each his own, hope everyone else loves it there!
Small pooled as well, complete Aug 17.
May I ask when you started primary screening? I was complete just a few days later, I thought if our timelines were similar, I might hear soon as well.Small pooled as well, complete Aug 17.
May I ask when you started primary screening? I was complete just a few days later, I thought if our timelines were similar, I might hear soon as well.
I entered primary screening on Sept 3rd.
I entered primary screening on Sept 3rd.
A little scary... Me too. Congrats on small pooling and hope you get out with an interview! 🙂
A little scary... Me too. Congrats on small pooling and hope you get out with an interview! 🙂
Thanks best of luck to you as well! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not totally sure, but it would seem pretty senseless to small pool everyone who applied. It would defeat the purpose of creating a small pool.
Would be funny if they released a statement like "Yea we smallpool every single applicant... well except for this one guy. We were just going to call it the "pool" and invite everyone but since no one liked this guy named Timmy we decided to exclude just him and then we had to call it a small pool"
Small pooled yesterday too. Complete 8/9, entered primary screening 9/3. Sweet!
gl all. Hang in there. Good things are coming your way!
gl all. Hang in there. Good things are coming your way!
Does RFU have podcast for lectures????
Of a sort. Some of the courses will post to the school's iTunesU page. Other departments post recorded lectures on the course management page, and others have their own departmental website. Most classes record, especially in second year, when pretty much nobody goes to class. Some classes won't record, specifically to encourage people to come to lecture.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 206K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K