2011-2012 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for what it's worth, i heard back in january and received a call then from dr. Ng. So, if you interviewed with her, she'll probably call you if accepted.

+1

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Ananthakrishnan for anyone?

In the eleventh hour, figured it was time to start contributing to the discussion.

I interviewed in November with Dr. Ananthakrishnan and have yet to hear anything. Still feeling positive, though!

In the eleventh hour, figured it was time to start contributing to the discussion.

I interviewed in November with Dr. Ananthakrishnan and have yet to hear anything. Still feeling positive, though!

I Felt the same way Cyclismo. interviewed in January with Dr. Hefner and I haven't heard anything yet. Some interviewers probably have 10 people they have to call so they probably just don't make any calls because they are so busy. Keep your hopes up and never give up

Got an acceptance call yesterday, although in all likelihood will be withdrawing soon in the next couple weeks...bittersweet cause I really liked BU and Boston too. Best of luck to all waiting

Got an acceptance call yesterday, although in all likelihood will be withdrawing soon in the next couple weeks...bittersweet cause I really liked BU and Boston too. Best of luck to all waiting

Who was your interviewer?

How many people who interviewed with Dr. Balady heard from him?

Got the call from Dr. Hassan about 20 minutes ago!!!!

This has been the longest wait, interviewed on their first day!

Congrats to everyone else and good luck to everyone still waiting, don't give up hope!!

I saw one person got a call from dr. Park .... Any one else?

the log-in page says that the site will be down on thursday from 6-6:30am. i wonder if status updates will be up afterwards?

the log-in page says that the site will be down on thursday from 6-6:30am. i wonder if status updates will be up afterwards?

Probably as that would be 2 days or so since they've started the calls and rejections. which is when the rest of everyone including waitlisted people usually find out if they've not heard individually from interviewers.

As I said before, BUSM is very systematic. so its most likely the answer is yes based on previous years trends and most things don't change from year to year with how they run things. I've seen that as an alumnus of their institution, that there's a very systematic approach to their madness.

I'm pretty sure they meant boston time and hence Eastern Time. ;)

haha I figured I'd ask anyway. thank you :)

impatience + chile spiced mango I'm currently consuming = silly anxiety-driven questions

I interviewed beginning of January with Dr. Dasgupta, she was amazing. haven't heard anything yet and my status hasn't changed :) boo hoo :)

No news from Dr. Stone... Seems like we may be relegated to the wait list (aka purgatory) until June and July.

I think you're right. I've been looking at previous years and it sounds like once ppl look at the cost of BU they start to drop haha. kind of funny. I guess tomorrow we'll know whats going on.

I think you're right. I've been looking at previous years and it sounds like once ppl look at the cost of BU they start to drop haha. kind of funny. I guess tomorrow we'll know whats going on.

Why tomorrow? I am just curious if you know something!

Why tomorrow? I am just curious if you know something!
well i think tomorrow they'll give the status updates and either people who are getting e-mail acceptances from the school will be accepted or people (like me) will become wait-listed ( and maybe rejected?) That's just me guessing from the last couple of years.

Soooooooooo true based on the last couple of years. Also if its not that its that they got into a school that is higher ranked or that spoke to something they wanted to do that BU didn't offer. Kinda like the balling applicant above who got rejected but got in much higher ranked schools. Lot of people drop BU when they realize they can't drop a school like Columbia or Harvard or whatever other top 20 school higher ranked.

Good luck. Hang in there!!!

well i think tomorrow they'll give the status updates and either people who are getting e-mail acceptances from the school will be accepted or people (like me) will become wait-listed ( and maybe rejected?) That's just me guessing from the last couple of years.

My bad, I completely missed the post that the BUSM 2ndary site will be updated tomorrow.

I am hoping that my interviewer didn't want to pay international phone fees and that is maybe why I haven't received a call... oh the explanations we talk ourselves into!

I think a countdown to 6:30 tomorrow is in order!

Soooooooooo true based on the last couple of years. Also if its not that its that they got into a school that is higher ranked or that spoke to something they wanted to do that BU didn't offer. Kinda like the balling applicant above who got rejected but got in much higher ranked schools. Lot of people drop BU when they realize they can't drop a school like Columbia or Harvard or whatever other top 20 school higher ranked.

Good luck. Hang in there!!!

Haha yea for sure. Thanks, I guess you can get in off of the waitlist right? #stillashot :thumbup:

My bad, I completely missed the post that the BUSM 2ndary site will be updated tomorrow.

I am hoping that my interviewer didn't want to pay international phone fees and that is maybe why I haven't received a call... oh the explanations we talk ourselves into!

I think a countdown to 6:30 tomorrow is in order!

MyApplication will be down during 6:00-6:30 AM, not PM.

MyApplication will be down during 6:00-6:30 AM, not PM.

Whoops, I should have checked. Im less optimistic that the decisions will be out that early... although they have sent out emails at 7:30. Just in case, here is the new countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.