2011-2012 Charles Drew University/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! :) The food was delicious!!! :):)
Did you also hear back from Drew???

No but crossing my fingers. Drew or PRIME/Drew are mos def my top choices.

Members don't see this ad.

Remember that Drew's class isn't finalized until June! Someone in the class was even admitted the weekend before orientation (I kid you not). So just be patient, though I know it's hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
for those accepted: what does it say on your online application status page?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows how many people have been accepted already?

Does anyone know if there are more interview dates? Thanks!

Do you think the school would be receptive to a letter of intent? Any current students like to chime in in the subject?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm a current student at the Drew program and the adcom does accept letter of intents. You can address it to the admission committee if you are planning to write one.

Hi, I'm a current student at the Drew program and the adcom does accept letter of intents. You can address it to the admission committee if you are planning to write one.

Are the ceremonies (WCC, match day, graduation..etc) for the CDU/UCLA program held seperately from Geffen? For example: is the white coat ceremony at CDU with the class of 24 (+4 prime) or do the students participate in the ceremony at Geffen with 100+ students. ...doesn't make a difference to me-just wondering.

Are the ceremonies (WCC, match day, graduation..etc) for the CDU/UCLA program held seperately from Geffen? For example: is the white coat ceremony at CDU with the class of 24 (+4 prime) or do the students participate in the ceremony at Geffen with 100+ students. ...doesn't make a difference to me-just wondering.

You get double of everything. We have two white coats, two match day, two orientations.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks for the info :thumbup:

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if they are still handing out interview invites. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if they are still handing out interview invites. Thanks in advance!

a previous responder, medical student i think, thought there would be another interview day - scroll back maybe you can find the exact reply

a previous responder, medical student i think, thought there would be another interview day - scroll back maybe you can find the exact reply

There's nothing on the board or our schedules for another interview. Could happen but no guarantee.

Last edited:
Thank you! How'd you find out the class isn't full!

Unless this poster is an adcom student, in which case I would know who they were, I wouldn't rely on that information. Adcom is very protective of what is going on and what information is made public. I have no clue what this 5/15 scramble is about and I definitely know what is going on. Care to elaborate?

So is the class full as of now? And we have to wait for May 15th to see if there is movement within the waitlist?

Unless this poster is an adcom student, in which case I would know who they were, I wouldn't rely on that information. Adcom is very protective of what is going on and what information is made public. I have no clue what this 5/15 scramble is about and I definitely know what is going on. Care to elaborate?

I simply called and asked one of the student affairs-staff members if the class was full- seems like common sense...you want an answer-ask the question. Not sure why you believe people need security clearance for simple questions.

In terms of my logical reasoning regarding the "Scramble" and other dates mentioned Lol... follow the link :laugh:

1. Each school must admit at least a full class by 3/30 meaning EVERY school must notify the applicants that were accepted prior to this date. Hence, if your not one of the "initially accepted" people you wont hear a thing until someone gives up a spot (which could be anytime ...even the day before school starts) ....or you receive a rejection letter

2. By May 15th "Accepted" applicants MUST decline all but one acceptance. Due to this, the person with maybe 8 acceptances frees 7 spots...those 7 spots are given to another applicant and so on until all seats are full....AKA the scramble.

All of this information has been provided by simple deductive reasoning skills you don't have to be on ADCOM to put the pieces together.

Good luck everyone! :luck:

I simply called and asked one of the student affairs-staff members if the class was full- seems like common sense...you want an answer-ask the question. Not sure why you believe people need security clearance for simple questions.

In terms of my logical reasoning regarding the "Scramble" and other dates mentioned Lol... follow the link :laugh:

1. Each school must admit at least a full class by 3/30 meaning EVERY school must notify the applicants that were accepted prior to this date. Hence, if your not one of the "initially accepted" people you wont hear a thing until someone gives up a spot (which could be anytime ...even the day before school starts) ....or you receive a rejection letter

2. By May 15th "Accepted" applicants MUST decline all but one acceptance. Due to this, the person with maybe 8 acceptances frees 7 spots...those 7 spots are given to another applicant and so on until all seats are full....AKA the scramble.

All of this information has been provided by simple deductive reasoning skills you don't have to be on ADCOM to put the pieces together.

Good luck everyone! :luck:

SMH...those are recommendations, not hard facts. UCLA, PRIME and DREW all have historically not adhered to them. I think you're using the wrong word, a scramble implies, like match day (scrambling actually happened today) applicants or a program trying to scoop up any open spots. Nothing happens 5/15 and many students, myself included, held far more than 1 spot long past that date. If you check past years threads or just listen to the students in this thread 1-3 people are accepted around every 1st or 15th date of the month. Probably not this week though since its match week

SMH...those are recommendations, not hard facts. UCLA, PRIME and DREW all have historically not adhered to them. I think you're using the wrong word, a scramble implies, like match day (scrambling actually happened today) applicants or a program trying to scoop up any open spots. Nothing happens 5/15 and many students, myself included, held far more than 1 spot long past that date. If you check past years threads or just listen to the students in this thread 1-3 people are accepted around every 1st or 15th date of the month. Probably not this week though since its match week

:idea:

Scramble...shuffle... I'm not into debating semantics- the point is any considerate person would allow another applicant to have their second or third choice spot instead of simply holding it (unless they were waiting for a financial aid package to be completed) . Of course this is not strictly enforced but yet again it is "recommended" by AAMC. I plan to abide and give up all but my premiere choice as the date approaches because its the right thing to do. Regarding the reference to PRIME the dean verified that the program will abide by AAMC's "recommendation" and we should receive a decision before April "if" accepted. I'm sure others that were interviewed can attest to that. I truly appreciate your insight...obviously your past all of this pre-med nonsense. My intent was to be optimistic and integrate the information I gathered from admissions staff and AAMC's "recommendations".

Thanks again for your input.

Last edited:

Thank you for this information.

Anyone up for starting a ucla/drew fb group? I think it would be cool to start getting to know everyone before classes start.

Remember that Drew's class isn't finalized until June! Someone in the class was even admitted the weekend before orientation (I kid you not). So just be patient, though I know it's hard.

Has anyone heard back since the last round? Or know when the next round of acceptances might be?

im confused on my status. Never rcvd email for Drew secondary just PRIME. When I check Drews website it shows secondary invitation emailed, but I never rcvd it. Kinda bummed. (Had a lot of schools to manage and figured I didnt get screened in for secondary)

Per my situation I found out the class has been filled, and if I was offered an interview Id be interviewing for waitlist spot. They have to have a filled class by april 15th according to AMCAS traffic rules.

Per my situation I found out the class has been filled, and if I was offered an interview Id be interviewing for waitlist spot. They have to have a filled class by april 15th according to AMCAS traffic rules.

How did you find out the class is full? The group that interviewed on 6th were told the class is not full. So I am not sure where you got that information from...

For the person who asked whether they are still sending out interviews, the answer is no. They told us on 6th that we were the last interview group and decision process might take a while (They said up to May). Sorry, this is not the news anyone would lik to hear

How did you find out the class is full? The group that interviewed on 6th were told the class is not full. So I am not sure where you got that information from...

For the person who asked whether they are still sending out interviews, the answer is no. They told us on 6th that we were the last interview group and decision process might take a while (They said up to May). Sorry, this is not the news anyone would lik to hear

I called last week, they're full so all depends on wait list movement. They finalize class by June something.

Was told this directly by admissions.

Has anyone received a call about being on the waitlist?

They don't call to notify people of waitlist position. I figure that if you've interviewed and haven't been rejected, then you're on the waitlist.

Has anyone been rejected post-interview?

Was told this directly by admissions.

Well, then they tell each person a different story. The acceptances must have gone out between 6th and this week because the associate dean said the class is NOT full but it might go all the way to May before we hear anything...

Its not good news for me either, but Im only relaying what I was told. I have no reason to report otherwise. I was told they have filled their class, a few people have dropped and they have offered those spots out already. They will likely see more movement so stay positive.

Its not good news for me either, but Im only relaying what I was told. I have no reason to report otherwise. I was told they have filled their class, a few people have dropped and they have offered those spots out already. They will likely see more movement so stay positive.

I have no clue where this is coming from but no one has officially dropped yet. That's all I can say.

So have they sent out all acceptance offers or are they still sending them out?

Well I didnt put this information out there to cause a debate or spread misinformation. I know how people wonder and just wanted to relay what I was told. As to its validity only time will tell. I hope USCTrojan is right honestly. It is a great program many of us hopefuls would still like to be a part of.

well i didnt put this information out there to cause a debate or spread misinformation. I know how people wonder and just wanted to relay what i was told. As to its validity only time will tell. I hope usctrojan is right honestly. It is a great program many of us hopefuls would still like to be a part of.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.