2011-2012 Loma Linda Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For students who have been accepted: when does orientation start?

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, if I have yet to recieve either a waitlist letter OR a rejection letter, is it still plausible to get in at this point without those (basically, would I still be thrown into the "rolling admissions" category, or what?)???? What do you guys think?

for those of us who are waitlisted...should we call them, asking...GIVE ME A SPOT! =)

So, if I have yet to recieve either a waitlist letter OR a rejection letter, is it still plausible to get in at this point without those (basically, would I still be thrown into the "rolling admissions" category, or what?)???? What do you guys think?

I think you should definitely get more information from admissions. Not sure if I would call though, maybe email. Or maybe you just missed the lucky voice mail! :)

Last edited:
Are waistlist acceptance notifications sent via mail as well?

I am wondering if LLU tracks mail to make sure it is delivered.

Are waistlist acceptance notifications sent via mail as well?

I am wondering if LLU tracks mail to make sure it is delivered.

I have only heard of phone call waitlist acceptances.

Have rejection letters mostly already been sent out by this point? Or do they usually come deeper into the summer? Looking at older threads, I could not find any rejection letters sent this late or later.

Have rejection letters mostly already been sent out by this point? Or do they usually come deeper into the summer? Looking at older threads, I could not find any rejection letters sent this late or later.

As far as I know, all regular admission application status letters have been sent out. At this point everyone should have received acceptance, waitlist or rejection. If you havn't received anything yet it would be best to contact them ASAP to find out your status.

Future classmates, have you started the housing search? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know, all regular admission application status letters have been sent out. At this point everyone should have received acceptance, waitlist or rejection. If you havn't received anything yet it would be best to contact them ASAP to find out your status.
I spoke with them very recently and sent them updates to my application, bud they said that there has not yet been a decision made on my file, but that I will know by the end of June.....Anyways.. Are there any SDA's that are either on the waitlist or have recieved a rejection letter within the past month or so?

I am SDA and received a rejection a little over a month ago. However they did recommend me to their Biomedical Sciences Post Bacc program. Anyone else doing this program or know the likelihood of me getting in next year if I do well?

Thanks for the info.

Do you know (or anyone else) if they were offered the bio-med position while they were on the waiting list? I am assuming they got interviewed just like everybody else, right?

I also wonder if these positions go to SDA students who they liked but didn't have room for them at the time but showed some kind of promise in the interview or on paper.
I am SDA and applied to LLU med school and was rejected. They recommended me to the biomedical sciences program and I am going bc I want to go to LLU for medical School. In my interview it was clear that they wanted to see that I could handle the curriculum of med school so it is my impression that this program is their way of seeing if you will succeed at Loma Linda for medical school.

The only thing that worries me is that I talked to the admissions office today and they said that biomedical students aren't considered until final grades are in in June! That is so late in the cycle that I don't know if I should apply other places or just hope I do well and that LL likes me...so frustrating.

If this is true about these students, then that would be awesome. I was already a non-trad applicant so another year of hard work is nothing at this point. This post definitely made me feel better about this program and my chances. :thumbup:

As I keep digging for more info about this program, I find more and more good things about it. :)
Do you know how many students are in the bio med program?

Does anyone know if there has been any waitlist movement?

just a question for those on waitlist...is it good to just call, just to remind them of our interest? does that really matter? b/c this is my DREAMMMM school! I want to do as much as I can...

Do you know how many students are in the bio med program?

Sorry for the delay. I don't know the exact number yet. But I think there was about 15 students (which was the most ever) this past year. Previously, the numbers were supposedly close to 8 to 10 students. I am hearing that there's going to be about 20 students this upcoming school year. It's been about 4-5 years since they built their new med school building so I guess they can hold a little bit more than before. :thumbup:

I am SDA and applied to LLU med school and was rejected. They recommended me to the biomedical sciences program and I am going bc I want to go to LLU for medical School. In my interview it was clear that they wanted to see that I could handle the curriculum of med school so it is my impression that this program is their way of seeing if you will succeed at Loma Linda for medical school.

The only thing that worries me is that I talked to the admissions office today and they said that biomedical students aren't considered until final grades are in in June! That is so late in the cycle that I don't know if I should apply other places or just hope I do well and that LL likes me...so frustrating.

Why don't you PM me for more info. I can refer you to someone that knows more info or I can just answer whatever questions you have. Because I had the same exact questions you had until I started digging for more information as I stated above. Have a good day! :)

I'm willing to bet we'll hear something the third Friday of this month.

You guys should just look up last year's and the year before's threads. 2010 and 2011?

It usually tells you when there should be movement for people in the wait-list.

Every year, it's pretty much the same times.

Good luck people! :thumbup:

For some reason LLU has been holding my acceptance. They just acknowledged my withdrawal this week. Hope that spot gets to one of you on wait list :luck:

2010~2011 thread seems to indicate that wait list movements should be happening between now and early/mid July. Keep those fingers crossed =)

Anyone hear of any waitlist movement today? A couple of sources indicate there should be some acceptances going out today through Monday.

Waitlistee and long time lurker here....at this point is there a reasonable chance to get off the waitlist? I need to make future plans but being unsure if I will be in medical school or not makes it tough to do so....

Unfortunately, no one can predict the waitlist movement. I have heard of rare situations in which people have been accepted the day before orientation.

I just got a call this morning from Dean Edwards offering me a position! I interviewed in February and was waitlisted in April. There's still hope!

I just got a call this morning from Dean Edwards offering me a position! I interviewed in February and was waitlisted in April. There's still hope!

good to hear they are still taking people but at the same time feels like maybe not my year....congrats on the acceptance!

Does anyone know if were getting plain white coats or something fancy with an LLU embroidery? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.