2020-2021 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the call last night at 6pm PST. Accepted! 513, 3.7, non-trad, SDA, OOS.
Congrats!!!! When did you interview if you don't mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad.

Received a Post-II rejection yesterday. Extremely sad about this especially since I legit just graduated from their MPH program today. But just received an acceptance from UCLA. So can't complain

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Inappropriate
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received a Post-II rejection yesterday. Extremely sad about this especially since I legit just graduated from their MPH program today. But just received an acceptance from UCLA. So can't complain

Congrats!! But how did you get into UCLA without an interview? I saw that you posted in the UC Riverside thread that you just got your first II of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!! But how did you get into UCLA without an interview? I saw that you posted in the UC Riverside thread that you just got your first II of the cycle.
I was apart of UCLA Pipeline programs during my undergrad at UCLA

Reactions: 1 users
Will Loma Linda get back to everyone about their status by second week of April?

Has anyone else received a financial aid e-mail saying you need to fill out forms to qualify but haven't actually been accepted yet? I'm beyond confused....it's been radio silence since my interview until I got this

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received a financial aid e-mail saying you need to fill out forms to qualify but haven't actually been accepted yet? I'm beyond confused....it's been radio silence since my interview until I got this
I got this email too! I called the financial aid office and it seems like they send it to every applicant whose FAFSA they receive. I was extra thrown off because I got it the day before acceptances came out. This is the only thing I've received since the interview either haha 🙃

I got this email too! I called the financial aid office and it seems like they send it to every applicant whose FAFSA they receive. I was extra thrown off because I got it the day before acceptances came out. This is the only thing I've received since the interview either haha 🙃
I added Loma Linda to my school list on FAFSA back in early February and have yet to receive an email. When did you submit yours?

Hey everybody!!! So, I saw that Loma Linda offers the Biomedical Sciences — M.M.S., and I see that admissions is by invitation only, and there is no way to apply directly to the program? Is there a way to express interest in this program to admissions, and if so how is it recommended to do so? Can applicants still be considered for this program even after getting a rejection to the MD program? Thank you all so much for all of your time, insight, advice, and assistance. It is all greatly appreciated, best of luck to you all, and I really hope we all eventually get accepted!!!!! ..... :)
Anyone please??? ..... :confused:

I added Loma Linda to my school list on FAFSA back in early February and have yet to receive an email. When did you submit yours?
Gotcha! I initially completed mine back on December 10th last year so it might be processing time on their end. I'm sure if you give them a call they could speak to it better than me though!

Hi sorry! I don’t come here too often. I would say my stats were pretty mediocre though. I’m also SDA.

Anyone please??? ..... :confused:
Hey! So I was recently offered a biomed position.

When the adcom has made a decision, they will notify you in a letter that you were not accepted into the incoming class but that they are offering you a spot in the MMS program. That same letter will then invite you to apply to the program.

I'm not sure if expressing interest in joining the program will impact the adcom's decision, but it's worth emailing them to find out.

All the best!

Does anyone know a timeline of when Loma Linda typically sends out information about financial aid? Sorry if this has already been addressed here!

Does anyone know a timeline of when Loma Linda typically sends out information about financial aid? Sorry if this has already been addressed here!
You can message me private if you have questions, but you should have already done FAFSA and then within the last month they added a new area under registration. Once those are completed its waiting til PLUS loans open sometime late May, and then they should get back to you about awards end of April.

• Care
Pre-II R
....... for the third time here.. oh well, accepted elsewhere
Congrats! At least you're still going to become a doctor :)

I'm still yet to hear from Loma Linda, with no acceptances but a few waitlist purgatories right now :/

Reactions: 1 users
Hang tight, all schools be throwing out WL like candy this cycle. I'm sure you'll get your A soon!!

What is all this Easter egg hunt and jelly beans talk? Lol
It's an A*pril F*ools thing. I think "in*terview" was switched to "Easter Egg Hunt." "An*ybody" switched to "anybunny". If it's aggravating to read, come back in a day

Has anyone been through LLU's biomed program, and what was your experience? Would love any information on it :)

Should we expect admission decisions tomorrow since its the 2nd thursday of the month?

Waitlist notification received. Interviewed Feb. 9

WL... I wonder if they are under-accepting this cycle (or at least that's what I'm hoping)

WL interviewed February :cryi:
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
what exactly does an "unranked waitlist" entail?

WL as well, interviewed January... does anyone know what WL movement has been like here in the past

Probably code for people who send them a LOI will be accepted first off of it and those who don’t won’t get in
I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask, but I'm assuming it means they just pull people off randomly?