2011-2012 University at Buffalo (SUNY) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I just received my UB App. Complete email this past Monday (9/26), yet when I checked my application status this evening (9/30) it showed

>.<

I hate to ask the obvious, but does this meet that the admissions comm. already reviewed my app on such a short notice? If so, ouch!

Considering how quick that was, maybe you should ask them if there was a mistake? It could be that some kink in the system caused your app to be filed wrong or something. I'm just saying that cause lots of people who filed a LONG time ago (including me) haven't heard anything at all. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,

I just received my UB App. Complete email this past Monday (9/26), yet when I checked my application status this evening (9/30) it showed

>.<

I hate to ask the obvious, but does this meet that the admissions comm. already reviewed my app on such a short notice? If so, ouch!

Basically, there is no reason not to call admissions. Confirm that the status is correct, and ask if there is anything they can tell you.

Are there any obvious red flags on your application that you can think of, (very low GPA or MCAT, didn't take necessary pre-reqs, misdemeanor/felony, etc.)?

Basically, there is no reason not to call admissions. Confirm that the status is correct, and ask if there is anything they can tell you.

Are there any obvious red flags on your application that you can think of, (very low GPA or MCAT, didn't take necessary pre-reqs, misdemeanor/felony, etc.)?

Hi guys, thanks for your input. I took your advice and wrote to Mr. Rosso-I hope it's a simple error. All in all, I'm IS with ok stats-not the best could be worse...I'll keep you updated. Again, thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
This posting has been quiet. anyone got news lately? I'm still waiting since complete email on sept 6

^ I feel like time is going backwards. Also, looking at the 2009 and 2010 threads where everyone with a 4.0 and 40 gets waitlisted is not making me feel any more relaxed! :eek:

:xf: As of right now, I think UB is my top choice!

Hi Guys,

>.<

I got my interview invitation in about the same amount of time so it may mean that you were rejected.

^ I feel like time is going backwards. Also, looking at the 2009 and 2010 threads where everyone with a 4.0 and 40 gets waitlisted is not making me feel any more relaxed! :eek:

:xf: As of right now, I think UB is my top choice!

Well I think each school has their priorities to who they admit first. I wouldn't be surprised if UB was a heavy IS preference.

Also ~80% of the matriculating class is taken from the wait list, so that's actually a very common presentation. I think for the long term, the wait list is not a bad thing.

Well I think each school has their priorities to who they admit first. I wouldn't be surprised if UB was a heavy IS preference.

Also ~80% of the matriculating class is taken from the wait list, so that's actually a very common presentation. I think for the long term, the wait list is not a bad thing.

Apparently they have three levels of priority which they reveal in February. For those who are high priority on the list, they're almost guaranteed a spot while those at the other end might not be as lucky.

Me. With dread. And no excitement. It's like MCAT scores but so. much. worse. :scared: T-16 hours?
:luck: to everyone!

yeah, it's terribly nerve wracking, IMO. Actually, it's almost as painful as the interview day itself. No one really cares about your brain museum, and pneumoencephalography is for chumps.

Where can we check for the admissions
Decision? The applicant status page? Or will we receive an ee
mail sometime today?

Where can we check for the admissions
Decision? The applicant status page? Or will we receive an ee
mail sometime today?

no matter what, you can check your status on the status page. you will also get emailed for a waitlist and mailed for an acceptance and rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone heard yet?

Nope, and I've been refreshing the status page like a madwoman. I hope they didn't change their minds about posting it today...

Nope, and I've been refreshing the status page like a madwoman. I hope they didn't change their minds about posting it today...

Haha yea that's what I'm guessing / fearing. Oh well :(

the application status page won't even load for me!

major lag on their status check webpage lololol. either they are uploading or there are 3000 applicants refreshing simultaneously.

anyone else getting an Amcas # not found message? i've checked here before and was able to log in. Weird.

Waitlisted. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

37, 3.9, OOS

Wait list 3.8/33

=/ Not really what I wanted to hear.

Last edited:
Wait list 3.8/33

=/ Not really what I wanted to hear.

Tell me about it. Anticlimactic lol. Besides, now my confidence in my interview skills is shot, and I have an interview on Monday...

waitlisted 3.6/37 instate
i'm just glad that there are so many people in the same boat and that buffalo takes a lot of people from the waitlist.

i'm scared about the interview invite i have not yet recieved. that was brutal!

Waitlisted...sad, but not unexpected, based off of last year's thread.

A waitlist is not bad for Buffalo. Ultimately, 2/3 or more of the waitlist will be accepted eventually. Unfortunately, not much activity, if any, will occur until March. Hang in there!

A waitlist is not bad for Buffalo. Ultimately, 2/3 or more of the waitlist will be accepted eventually. Unfortunately, not much activity, if any, will occur until March. Hang in there!

i heard that this waitlist moves a lot but really 2/3?

You guys all have killer stats! I'm sure you will get in eventually. I just hope they start giving the non superstar applicants interviews soon.

i'm scared about the interview invite i have not yet recieved. that was brutal!

+1

On Thursday, when I was in full-on zombie mode after an all-night stress sesh, my boss told me that, "I would look back on the excitement of this process and miss it".

I have a feeling that is absolutely true, but right now, this girl just wants a fast forward button :eek:

+1

On Thursday, when I was in full-on zombie mode after an all-night stress sesh, my boss told me that, "I would look back on the excitement of this process and miss it".

I have a feeling that is absolutely true, but right now, this girl just wants a fast forward button :eek:
like root canal I am going to miss this!

like root canal I am going to miss this!

I have a feeling that I'll appreciate the dramatic build-up associated with this process when we get acceptances. Think about it...we are going to get super energized and be so thrilled and it will feel like our hearts our going to pound out of our chests and we literally will want to tell every one, including every stranger we see, even if it is entirely inappropriate. And we are going to want to bottle up that feeling and just hold onto it forever.

But...I WANT IT NOW! Haha, just sayin...

Hi everyone,

I read through some old posts in here and noticed that some people received complete email after me yet still got II already but I still have not heard from Mr. Rosso. Is there a reason? It's getting towards end of Oct and I'm getting nervous reading everyone's decisions status :confused:

Serenade,

Here are my two cents after having interviewed at the school.

Buffalo uses random review. Because of this, even if you are complete early on, you will not necessarily get your II in accordance with when you submitted. And interviewing early does not give students much of an advantage. Buffalo specifically only accepts enough students to fill in their seats, and purposefully leaves seats open for future interviewees. They do not fill their class until the very last interview date.

Hope that helps. :luck: Good luck!

no matter what, you can check your status on the status page. you will also get emailed for a waitlist and mailed for an acceptance and rejection.

Stupid question, but where is the status page? I only see a link for my original application link. Did people get an email about their acceptances?

Last edited:
Serenade,

Buffalo uses random review. Because of this, even if you are complete early on, you will not necessarily get your II in accordance with when you submitted. And interviewing early does not give students much of an advantage. Buffalo specifically only accepts enough students to fill in their seats, and purposefully leaves seats open for future interviewees. They do not fill their class until the very last interview date.

This is exactly how the interviewing season works at UB, which is unlike many other schools. Even the applicants invited in March/April are are interviewing for real open seats with roughly the same chance as anyone else.

Serenade,

Thanks jsanhuay. I'm waiting and praying :D

This is exactly how the interviewing season works at UB, which is unlike many other schools. Even the applicants invited in March/April are are interviewing for real open seats with roughly the same chance as anyone else.

great news. thanks maxwell

Serenade,

Cool, so I guess no news is not necessarily bad nor good.

Waitlisted yesterday... it'd be nice to get at least one acceptance for peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.