2011-2012 West Virginia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed at WVU back in September, and I just got a letter in the mail today from them. However, the name on the envelope is someone else's. I sent an e-mail to the admissions office about this, but no response yet. Should I do anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at WVU back in September, and I just got a letter in the mail today from them. However, the name on the envelope is someone else's. I sent an e-mail to the admissions office about this, but no response yet. Should I do anything else?

Was this a decision letter or a communication (directed to someone else) of a different kind? I had spoken to Beth Ann McCormick last week and she had indicated that the first batch of acceptance/wait list letters wouldn't be going out until this Monday (with the exception of those already out to ED applicants).

Members don't see this ad :)

Was this a decision letter or a communication (directed to someone else) of a different kind? I had spoken to Beth Ann McCormick last week and she had indicated that the first batch of acceptance/wait list letters wouldn't be going out until this Monday (with the exception of those already out to ED applicants).

ugh i guess that means we wont be hearing from them until Wed..ish? hoping for good news (OOS applicant)

I will say that, even with a couple more interviews under my belt, WVU still have the nicest pen. :D

However, I still haven't seen a school that left the group of applicants 'hanging' for up to 2+ hours in a little cell of a room pre-interview. :rolleyes:

Hahaha all so true. I keep the pen in my car. And I was the last to interview :p

Docntrainin -- I called the Office of Admissions about two weeks ago and confirmed that a secondary = an interview. Congratulations

Congrats on those that have recently gotten interview invitations... I am still waiting...

I called today to check on my status and Mrs. McCormick said that applications get screened post-secondary and I should get a letter either this week or next week with either an interview invite or rejection. She did NOT say that secondary = interview. Talk about a dagger...

Congrats on those that have recently gotten interview invitations... I am still waiting...

I called today to check on my status and Mrs. McCormick said that applications get screened post-secondary and I should get a letter either this week or next week with either an interview invite or rejection. She did NOT say that secondary = interview. Talk about a dagger...

Oh wow... I submitted mine last week. It was received last Friday. When did you submit your secondary?

Oh wow... I submitted mine last week. It was received last Friday. When did you submit your secondary?

I mailed mine on 9/2... the check was finally cashed on 9/20. They say you should hear something withing a month.... but I guess Mrs. McCormick was out of the office for a few weeks, so that slowed everything down...

lol so secondary does not equal interview. Didn't someone post the exact opposite of this on here earlier. wow

If you read any of the previous years threads, they say that secondary almost always equals an interview.

LadyRugger, the woman with whom I spoke and who stated that secondary = interview was not Beth McCormick. At the time that I called, Mrs. McCormick was still out of the office, but the woman with whom I spoke did say that secondary = interview.

Maybe Tapepsi can shed more light onto this. If you are concerned about your status, go read some of the previous years threads. Tapepsi said that almost everyone who gets a secondary also receives an interview, but maybe that changed.

I just posted what I was told, trying to give out information to others. Good luck to all of you.

Last edited:
Wow?

If you read any of the previous years threads, they say that secondary almost always equals an interview.

LadyRugger, the woman with whom I spoke and who stated that secondary = interview was not Beth McCormick. At the time that I called, Mrs. McCormick was still out of the office, but the woman with whom I spoke did say that secondary = interview.

Maybe Tapepsi can shed more light onto this. If you are concerned about your status, go read some of the previous years threads. Tapepsi said that almost everyone who gets a secondary also receives an interview, but maybe that changed.

I just posted what I was told, trying to give out information to others. Good luck to all of you.

I'm just freaking out a little... I have been invited for 6 interviews already... but all I want is one from WVU!!! (my boyfriend is an M1 there and we want to get married, etc -- but can't unless we can go to school together!!) I hate to be one of those impatient people, but the wait is just KILLING me!

Hoping today's the day that we all hear some good news and get acceptances :xf:

Rejection this morning. Lack of WV ties. :( I really wanted to go here. Sent out a secondary. So no, secondary doesn't always = interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection this morning. Lack of WV ties. :( I really wanted to go here. Sent out a secondary. So no, secondary doesn't always = interview.

O no!! I'm sorry to hear that! I'm sure you will get good news from some other schools! Did it come via snail mail? Now I am really freaking out... UGH!

Last edited:
Email. From the earlier information I thought I would be getting an interview. But after the first, second and third week it didn't come...I expected the worse. I really want to go to this school. :( Good Luck to the rest of the applicants. I hope our troubles pay off.

Email. From the earlier information I thought I would be getting an interview. But after the first, second and third week it didn't come...I expected the worse. I really want to go to this school. :( Good Luck to the rest of the applicants. I hope our troubles pay off.

Whoa! I didn't even know that WVU sent decisions via e-mail... everything so far had been snail mail. Good luck elsewhere!

Got the acceptance letter in the mail this morning!

OOS (NC) 4.0 gpa 30R MCAT interviewed on 9/15

Good luck everybody!!!

Crash - congratulations! It's so nice to hear that an OOS applicant (like myself) got an acceptance so early. In previous years' threads, many OOSers were not notified until late in the process.

Congratulations to you - hopefully I can say the same of myself some time this Fall/Winter. Interviewing 11/11/11

Just got the snail mail. Interviewed 9/26 and had a great interview, it lasted an hour. I'm still a bit surprised since I'm OOS (MD). 30/3.86/3.92

same here, no ties.

GL to everyone else

same here, no ties.

GL to everyone else

Sorry to hear that. Did they mention the lack of ties in the email? Did you just leave that section blank on the secondary? Sorry to pry, I'm just a nervous wreck.

Rejected...no ties

just to clarify to everyone once again:

Secondary DOES NOT EQUAL Interview.

good luck to everyone who still have a chance!!

Sorry to hear that. Did they mention the lack of ties in the email? Did you just leave that section blank on the secondary? Sorry to pry, I'm just a nervous wreck.

I left it blank. As a result in the email, they mentioned that if I have ties, I gotta contact them

In-State applicant. Interviewed 9/8, accepted today. 3.18 sGPA, 3.14 cGPA, 37R.

Congrats, U.S. Army Guy! Hope to see you in the class of 2016

does west virginia give out rejection letters post interview or are they all just placed on the waitlist?

I just wanted to let everyone know I am going to withdraw my acceptance and free up a spot. Good luck to everyone else! :luck:

Hi all. I'm new to the forum--a little late getting my applications submitted this year. I was recently contacted about the WVU secondary but was confused over something. For the form we have to submit electronically, after asking for our AMCAS ID # there's a field that says "Date Submitted." For those who have already completed this, did you enter the date you submitted your AMCAS application or the date you submitted the secondary? Thanks!

I did the date that I submitted my secondary. I think most did it that way. It makes more sense that way and gives (I think) WVU-SOM a timeline for the receipt of your materials, when they should send back their own correspondence, etc.

I did the date that I submitted my secondary. I think most did it that way. It makes more sense that way and gives (I think) WVU-SOM a timeline for the receipt of your materials, when they should send back their own correspondence, etc.

I figured that's what it meant but got thrown off by having to put my AMCAS ID in just before. Thank you!

Interviewed 9 Sep, received acceptance letter this week. In-State, 3.48 CGPA/3.34 SGPA, 24Q (8/8/8).

Hopefully this bolsters the confidence of other applicants.

When you get an interview invite,

Does it say whom you will be interviewed by??

Do you ever get to know their names before the interview?
or is it a secret till the very last minute.

When you get an interview invite,

Does it say whom you will be interviewed by??

Do you ever get to know their names before the interview?
or is it a secret till the very last minute.

You find out after watching the videos of the different campuses so around 11:30. So you know for a few hours.

I called today because I still haven't gotten an interview invite...

Mrs. McCormick said invites for ALL completed files were sent out today...fingers crossed. I am assuming if we weren't getting an invite we'd have received a bad news e-mail by now. knock on wood....

I got my acceptance letter some time last week! Maybe I'll see some of you there next August! Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

I called today because I still haven't gotten an interview invite...

Mrs. McCormick said invites for ALL completed files were sent out today...fingers crossed. I am assuming if we weren't getting an invite we'd have received a bad news e-mail by now. knock on wood....

I just got the invite today. (And the date sent is 24th, so she was right)

Date is Nov. 9th. I am going to do Med Stay.

I think this will be my only chance...

I got rejected post-secondary...anyone else had this experience haha?

same...i just wished somewhere on the site, they could let us know first that we must have an affliation, or maybe I just didn't look carefully enough...

same...i just wished somewhere on the site, they could let us know first that we must have an affliation, or maybe I just didn't look carefully enough...

Did they e-mail you or snail mail?

does anyone know whether or not west virginia accepts update letters or letters of interest post interview? currently waitlisted and OSS.

I mailed my secondary in on October 13...postmark was due on October 14. They still haven't cashed my check yet. Anybody else have a delay like this? I just sent an e-mail to Ms. McCormick this morning, but haven't heard back yet. Kind of worried that my secondary got lost in the mail or something.

I mailed my secondary in on October 13...postmark was due on October 14. They still haven't cashed my check yet. Anybody else have a delay like this? I just sent an e-mail to Ms. McCormick this morning, but haven't heard back yet. Kind of worried that my secondary got lost in the mail or something.

I mailed mine on 9/2 and my check was not cashed until 9/20.

FINALLY!! Interview Invite for 11/30!! SOOOOOOOOO excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.