2012-2013 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where does it say they are interviewing more people this year? After I log in it says:

Hold - During the course of our admission season, we will interview approximately 600 applicants. Applications placed in the "hold" category will be reviewed again if we find that too few applicants were initially selected for interview.

From the mouth of the admissions committee on interview day. The website is outdated as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOTS of II's and nobody is able to schedule... :eyebrow:

Last edited:
I don't know what you guys are having trouble with but you have to upload a picture first and you can only do that in Firefox. Hope that helps...

I don't know what you guys are having trouble with but you have to upload a picture first and you can only do that in Firefox. Hope that helps...

the problem we are having, or at least me, is that there are only 3 tabs, Supplemental Application, Application Status and Exit...

Theres no interview tab or upload picture tab (I opened with firefox as well)

thanks

the problem we are having, or at least me, is that there are only 3 tabs, Supplemental Application, Application Status and Exit...

Theres no interview tab or upload picture tab (I opened with firefox as well)

thanks

You're missing the interview packet and response tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i also cannot schedule! im sure someone will call. if we dont hear by noon- i can call.

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview tab appeared for me just a little bit while ago. The problem seems to be fixed now. Interviewing February 13th! =]

I am interviewing at Albany next week and am very excited to learn more about this school. I have done a MMI at another school previously, but I noticed that on a few pages back some SDNers were talking about an MMI video some of their fellow interviewers had seen before their interviews. Does anyone have a link for this video? I've checked the website and all the emails I've gotten from AMC and none of them have a link to or mention of a video.... :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 10

I am interviewing at Albany next week and am very excited to learn more about this school. I have done a MMI at another school previously, but I noticed that on a few pages back some SDNers were talking about an MMI video some of their fellow interviewers had seen before their interviews. Does anyone have a link for this video? I've checked the website and all the emails I've gotten from AMC and none of them have a link to or mention of a video.... :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 10
Hmm I think it was in the Response Form, but once you fill out the form, the video disappears and is replaced with your interview date and time... But I might be delusional. I think I remember seeing it there before I confirmed my interview.

Withdrew from AMC today and cancelled my interview. Hope one of you guys gets it. :cool:

Any acceptances yet? How long does it take to find out post-interview?

Sent from my Nexus 10

http://app.profithr.com/candidates/albany_admissions this is the link to the video but someone said it before it is on the response form in the first paragraph.

EDIT: Video is available when you click one of the Tabs on the top

Any acceptances yet? How long does it take to find out post-interview?

They said they have no idea at all because this is new to them, but acceptances will be via email.

II last Thursday. Will be withdrawing.

Hey guys is there a bus that takes you between the airport and downtown? I'd rather not take another $50 cab ride. Many thanks for any help.

Hey guys is there a bus that takes you between the airport and downtown? I'd rather not take another $50 cab ride. Many thanks for any help.

Look at my post above about the Hilton garden inn.

Hi all, i have many questions:

1. Are there any current Albany students willing to host me in February?

2. What is the best way to get to Albany from the New York City area? ( i have an interview in NYC a few days before my AMC one)

3. What time did 8 AM interviewers get out?

THANKS!

Look at my post above about the Hilton garden inn.

I tried to get a room with them but they were all booked, with the exception of a huge no medical college applicant discount room. I went with Town Suites, I think that's what they're called, but they dont have an airport shuttle. Oh well, that's what happens when you book 2 days in advance.

for those interviewing on the 10th, would you mind sharing your thoughts about the day? I interview tomorrow, and was curious what to expect. thanks!
z

Hey sarlack I'm interviewing tomorrow too. Maybe we'll run into each other :)

I'll be there tomorrow too, guess well find out! This I'll be my first mmi. :)

Could someone who interviewed already share their opinion on AMC and the opportunities it offers? maybe where it ranks in comparison to other schools they have interviewed at?

Trying to accumulate others perspectives on this school. I have looked at the website but would like to hear it from other fellow applicants.

Thanks everyone.

Could someone who interviewed already share their opinion on AMC and the opportunities it offers? maybe where it ranks in comparison to other schools they have interviewed at?

Trying to accumulate others perspectives on this school. I have looked at the website but would like to hear it from other fellow applicants.

Thanks everyone.

Probably one of the most friendly faculty/students I've run across this application season. Honestly, Albany wasn't that high up on my list before I interviewed, but now it's much higher up because I can just see myself being happy here. Plus they give you some awesome stuff when you leave :D The anatomy professor even came out to talk to us in the middle of his lab and see if we had any questions for a non ad-com faculty member. If you have the money to spare I'd highly recommend going to the interview and checking out the school, however with that said it's not going to be for everyone. Albany is nothing like the big cities. You'll most likely need a car to get around and according to those I talked to that day, almost all the major attractions are nature based. I'd consider it a quiet small college town (compared to NYC) that reminds me of my undergrad so I'm a bit biased. Also of note is that the tuition is ridiculously expensive, and if you're flying into Albany you're most likely going to be on a terrifyingly small plane.

Probably one of the most friendly faculty/students I've run across this application season. Honestly, Albany wasn't that high up on my list before I interviewed, but now it's much higher up because I can just see myself being happy here. Plus they give you some awesome stuff when you leave :D The anatomy professor even came out to talk to us in the middle of his lab and see if we had any questions for a non ad-com faculty member. If you have the money to spare I'd highly recommend going to the interview and checking out the school, however with that said it's not going to be for everyone. Albany is nothing like the big cities. You'll most likely need a car to get around and according to those I talked to that day, almost all the major attractions are nature based. I'd consider it a quiet small college town (compared to NYC) that reminds me of my undergrad so I'm a bit biased. Also of note is that the tuition is ridiculously expensive, and if you're flying into Albany you're most likely going to be on a terrifyingly small plane.

I actually live just a couple hours out, in MA. But thanks for the response, I plan on going to the interview I was just trying to gather some opinions. Any thoughts on the facilities or hospital?

Does anyone know when the first decisions are released at Albany?

Does anyone know when the first decisions are released at Albany?

I interviewed 11/19 and they said that we and those that interviewed 11/20 would be the first to hear back, but they had no idea when that would be. I'll post here when I get any form of news so you'll get a timeframe of how long it takes post interview.

would it be foolish to wear a skirt to the interview in Jan? Is there a lot of outdoor walking?

If my status says "ready for review," does that mean it's complete? Is there any other status changes past that?

would it be foolish to wear a skirt to the interview in Jan? Is there a lot of outdoor walking?

There is no outdoor walking whatsoever. In fact, if you stay at the garden inn there's even a skybridge you can take to get to the hospital / school.

II this afternoon! 3.5, 33. Scheduled for 2/13 (earliest date)

II here as well! I submitted my secondary 8/28 (and I have no idea when I was marked complete).
36, sGPA 3.6, cGPA 3.7.

Interview dates they gave me ranged from 2/19 - 2/26.
Good luck to everyone else waiting! :luck:

You are right that Albany doesn't have much to do compared to a large city. However, keep in mind that you won't really have a whole lot of time to go out all the time. Just my take, though.

Also, while the transit is just buses, there are many students here who don't drive or even have cars here. The vast majority of students who don't commute from the homes they grew up in actually walk to campus. That's actually an advantage over a school in NYC where you will probably have to take the train every day if you want to live in a place that you could afford.

I tried to get a room with them but they were all booked, with the exception of a huge no medical college applicant discount room. I went with Town Suites, I think that's what they're called, but they dont have an airport shuttle. Oh well, that's what happens when you book 2 days in advance.

TownePlace Suites is a great hotel from my experience. They don't have a shuttle to/from the airport, but I would take advantage of their shuttle to AMC. It saves a 10-minute walk in uncomfortable shoes on a cold winter's morning.

It would save money if you take a taxi back to the airport with other interviewees. Or maybe you could even hop on someone's hotel shuttle if they're cool with that.

BTW, you made a comment about 2 days in advance 4 days ago. Sorry if you've already interviewed and my advice is too late.

anyone know how to withdraw application after confirming interview invite? since its still months away from my interview, i am not sure about whether I can attend.

Submitted 8/19...no idea when complete

I recently applied (well not recently) back in October and had already submitted LORs before completing secondary. How long did it take for your LORs to reflect on the portal? I called today and had to leave a message on the vmail. Are they rolling and when do they stop interviewing? Sorry if the last questions have been asked already, but I haven't been following the thread. Thanks.

why are so many people withdrawing after getting interview invites?

Status
Not open for further replies.