2012-2013 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you mean "just now" as in today. I didn't think their admissions office would be open right now

yup today as in 12/26/12. i received the invite via email @ 12:45 pm Pacific Time. =D

Members don't see this ad.

Yep today. The only dates that were available were towards the latter half of March though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application. Hope my February 26 interview goes to someone excited about this school! Good luck in this cycle!

I had a dream last night that i got rejected from here post interview hahaha

Just finished interviewing here, they said they started to send out decisions. Hope that helps for those waiting post interview!

I asked them this question. They had already reviewed my application post interview so they said no update was necessary...I'm guessing this means I was either accepted or rejected. But most probably rejected :(

I think Albany has a strict no update or LOI policy. They said no LOIs were being accepted when I interviewed. Via email, they said that they could only accept updates regarding grades/courses.

Another thing. I tried calling Albany the other day but gave up after I couldn't get past the menu. No option for an operator or anything lol . They seem to have a very secretive office.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. I was the really dorky looking one =P

I don't think I'd remember much anymore unless you were one of the 3 girls, or one of the guys from California, Maine, or New Jersey. :laugh:

Did you interview first or tour first?

I toured first

Oh I interviewed first so there goes any chance of remembering each other! Good luck to the both of us though :) Hopefully we get some good news tomorrow :luck:

Oh I interviewed first so there goes any chance of remembering each other! Good luck to the both of us though :) Hopefully we get some good news tomorrow :luck:

Thanks you too! I'm still looking for my first acceptance so I hope I get good news!

hmmm so no e-mail from albany today. maybe they didn't start sending out decisions yet? I feel like if they did someone on SDN would've posted about it.

hmmm so no e-mail from albany today. maybe they didn't start sending out decisions yet? I feel like if they did someone on SDN would've posted about it.

When I interviewed here back in early December, they told us that they just finished reviewing all the November interviewees. I guess they are delaying the email decision for some reason.

Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?

I'm interviewing here soon, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the schedule is like? Do they give students lunch? How long is the interview day? Do you go outside for the tour? Thanks.

I'm interviewing here soon, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the schedule is like? Do they give students lunch? How long is the interview day? Do you go outside for the tour? Thanks.

You check in and then eat and listen to them talk. Then you either interview then tour or vice versa. You never leave the building. It takes half a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
Closed file.

If you have a morning interview, it's check-in around 8am, breakfast and some procedural stuff about the MMI, then half the group does the MMI (~1.5hrs - 8 stations, 10 minutes each) and the other goes on a tour, then you switch. Then everyone reconvenes for lunch (sandwiches/wraps) and some presentations by Financial Aid, the Deans, and some Q&A with current students. You should be done at 1pm.
If you are doing an afternoon interview, I think check in is at 11:30 or so, lunch and presentations, etc. until 1, and then the MMI/tour and switch. Then you're free to go, around 4pm. If you do the MMI first and tour second, it's possible you could be done a little bit earlier than 4 (maybe around 3:30)
As Goobs mentioned, the tour is completely indoors.

Just withdrew from my interview scheduled for 02/18. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Called to find out that decisions will be released within the next few weeks....looks like more waiting.

Called to find out that decisions will be released within the next few weeks....looks like more waiting.

Thanks for doing that! They sure are taking their time this year...

Thanks so much for the information Goobs and SallySparrow. I really appreciate it.

I just watched the MMI video that is in the interview invite message and I was curious if they actually had scenarios during the MMI which where like the ones in the video (i.e. collaboration)? for those of you who already attended the interview and happened to see the interview video.

Thanks

I just watched the MMI video that is in the interview invite message and I was curious if they actually had scenarios during the MMI which where like the ones in the video (i.e. collaboration)? for those of you who already attended the interview and happened to see the interview video.

Thanks

Don't think we can answer that question due to nondisclosure agreements :( Sorry!

Don't think we can answer that question due to nondisclosure agreements :( Sorry!

Oh no problem at all. Dont want to get anybody in trouble I had no idea it was like that. sorry about that.

does anyone know, based on the past, how many applicants are offered admission through the regular admissions process (i.e. excluding those in the combined med program)?

does anyone know, based on the past, how many applicants are offered admission through the regular admissions process (i.e. excluding those in the combined med program)?

300?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did people sent thank you notes after interviewing?
I usually try to send them to my interviewers, but since it was MMI this year, I wasn't sure who I should send it to so I didn't for Albany.

called to find out a decision on my application has been made but I have to wait for the email......whew...this is a nail biter

called to find out a decision on my application has been made but I have to wait for the email......whew...this is a nail biter

Did they hint at when the emails would go out?

Did they hint at when the emails would go out?

no but she sounded like there was a sense of urgency and said that I was in the first batch of decisions to go out. I'm guessing it will be quite soon.

no but she sounded like there was a sense of urgency and said that I was in the first batch of decisions to go out. I'm guessing it will be quite soon.

Awesome, thanks for calling :)

So urgency means this week? I want to hear something! Please albany!!

How do i withdraw after after I already scheduled the interview? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.