2012-2013 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Admissions faculty have access to our MCAT photos? Oh no! :eek:

Really? Couldn't they have done the honorable thing and scourged my Facebook page for photos from night plagued with personal misgivings? I'm willing to bet I look exactly the same.

Also, if I don't get an II somewhere soon I am going to scream.

Or seek new misgivings.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Lol, they are not going to think I paid some nerdy guy to take the test for me. I wore coke bottle glasses for the MCAT. My contact prescription was out of date at the time and made reading quickly difficult. Also a crappy t-shirt, hair up, and no make up because I wanted to be comfortable. Sigh. Not attractive. I looked like a guy.

i was complete 7/5 and havent heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
BU's system is awesome. They just sent me an email saying I'm on hold until my institutional action letter gets there.

First interview invite! I was complete 7/9. :thumbup:

i wonder why they're not doing quick rejections like last year

Congrats!!! :) When were you complete? I submitted really early but had an issue with my letters so I was complete 7/12

BU's system is awesome. They just sent me an email saying I'm on hold until my institutional action letter gets there.

If I were you, I'd work on getting that letter in as quicky as possible. I think you have a good shot. Something like 20% of BU's class is URM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an Interview Invite this morning! See you guys on October 15th!!!!!

Congrats! Still waiting for news on my application...

Congrats to everyone with interview invites! submitted last night and complete this morning... reeeallly hoping to get some love from BU!!

Wow, it looks like they really switched it up this year! Congrats to everyone with interviews! I've been complete since 7/6, and now I'm starting to get worried :scared:

Wow, it looks like they really switched it up this year! Congrats to everyone with interviews! I've been complete since 7/6, and now I'm starting to get worried :scared:

they should really start sending out rejections though..

GAH I wish my pre-med committee would write my letter so I could have a shot at an interview! I submitted my application to BU in early July and my committee letter isn't going to be written until late August. Is this a huge issue?

GAH I wish my pre-med committee would write my letter so I could have a shot at an interview! I submitted my application to BU in early July and my committee letter isn't going to be written until late August. Is this a huge issue?

That blows. It's not a deal-breaker but it's definitely not ideal.

It's possible that all of the spots on the 15th got taken already.

It's possible that all of the spots on the 15th got taken already.

That's kind of strange since there were 5 other choices and I think they interview people in large groups. I wouldn't think a day would fill up already. Do you think they interview people in groups based on similar rankings/demographic/stats?

Does anybody know if there is some kind of student-hosting program for interviews so we don't have to stay at hotels?

I know...another silent day. Why am I so neurotic already...lol -_-

I submitted my primary 6/30 and got the secondary from BU around 7/10. I still have not been verified by AMCAS, and I just got this email from BU reminding me that I haven't turned in my secondary. I called the admissions office a while ago, and they said I shouldn't submit my secondary without verification.

What should I do to show BU I'm interested? Does this lower my chances?

OH MY GOSH... First interview invite!!! I cannot explain how excited I am!!!

Interview Invite just now!!!!!!!!

Complete 7/6... Don't give up hope!

Interview invite! Complete 7/5, received invite through email and status change.

Invite here too, man!
Congrats to each of us! :p

EDIT: No open dates until october, eh? They must fill up slots fast!

Last edited:
i hope they get to the ~7/19 complete peeps soon! congrats to the rest of you!

Just received an interview invite - submitted the secondary on 7/5.

Good luck to everyone!

Just received an interview invite - submitted the secondary on 7/5.

Good luck to everyone!

Nothing here either, got complete on the 13th so we will see!

I don't want to be that guy, but stats?

Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile

Technically a non-traditional, but...

Undergrad: 3.71 cGPA, 3.71 sGPA (but 3.93+ last three years)
Graduate: 3.92 cGPA
First MCAT: 31S (expired last year)
Second MCAT: 34Q

See MDApps for more.

Good luck everyone! I signed up for October 12th--hope to meet some of you there!

flight for my interview costs about $500 from the west into boston. is there a cheaper airport i can fly to if i'm renting a car?

flight for my interview costs about $500 from the west into boston. is there a cheaper airport i can fly to if i'm renting a car?
I think the cheapest/biggest airport is Logan, but it is not super cheap. I was hoping to combine that interview with some other ones to save money, but they gave me a pretty narrow window to work with so I'm considering requesting something a bit later (i.e. November) to increase my chances of being able to combine the interview.

First II of the season! Submitted 7/3 and completed 7/5. And stats are 3.91/3.90/34S, OOS.

Last edited:

I just booked mine for $260 from san diego to boston.

Anybody interviewing Oct. 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.