-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
so for those of us who go the "deferred decision" status, could we be hearing about an acceptance as early as tonight? or do we have to sit tight until sometime in the spring?
+1 - also curious about this
From what I understood at the interview day, for those that are deferred they're put into the following batch to be re-reviewed every 2 weeks.
That was my understanding, also.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called today wondering the same thing. They said some deferred decision people could be getting phone calls.

Just got the call from Dr. Capers!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone else! Can't wait to see the great things they have in store at OSU!!!!
Congrats!!!
Congrats!! That's awesome.
Got the call! 😀
My year has been made!
My year has been made!
Last edited:
Got the call!
My year has been made!
Me too! Dr. Capers is awesome. 🙂
It's looking that way. Beyond pumped for those of y'all lucky enough to get acceptances tonight!
Dreading the status change tomorrow now...
Dreading the status change tomorrow now...
It's looking that way. Beyond pumped for those of y'all lucky enough to get acceptances tonight!
Dreading the status change tomorrow now...
Did they say status changes will be up at midnight?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably in the morning.
It's looking that way. Beyond pumped for those of y'all lucky enough to get acceptances tonight!
Dreading the status change tomorrow now...
+1. And I thought my interview went incredibly well.
Anybody from the 10/3 interview day get an acceptance?
Me 🙂 So unbelievably excited, I have been on the phone most of the night with family and friends. Congrats to those who got good news, and stay strong those who are still waiting! O-H!
I-O!!!Me 🙂 So unbelievably excited, I have been on the phone most of the night with family and friends. Congrats to those who got good news, and stay strong those who are still waiting! O-H!

CONGRATS 😀
Got the call from Dr. Capers around 8pm tonight while sitting on a plane, minutes before takeoff. I was, quite literally, on cloud nine. 😀 Congrats to all the acceptees, and good luck to those still waiting! So...who's making the Class of '17 facebook group?
Status just changed; deferred decision.
Does anybody get rejected this early?
Does anybody get rejected this early?
Got the call while I was work around 4:30 pacific time. Beyond stoked! Got off the deferred decision list the first round. Go Buckeyes! See you all in August!
Congrats! Hoping to get off the list soon! Did you send an update/interest letter?
Thanks!
Deferred decision. A bit surprised, I thought the interview went well. Oh well! Sounds like people are getting picked from it, so there's still hope.
Got the call while I was work around 4:30 pacific time. Beyond stoked! Got off the deferred decision list the first round. Go Buckeyes! See you all in August!
What were your stats, and when did you interview?
How do you find your status on the website because mine says MedWebsite and I can't log on with my regular login information.
How do you find your status on the website because mine says MedWebsite and I can't log on with my regular login information.
You have to go to the applicant log in. The instructions are on the email that says you have a status change,
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Idk if anybody answered this already, but i just got the paper acceptance in the mail and it says i have to send $25 to the admission's office to hold my seat, even though I already accepted my seat (no fee) online. Which one should I believe?
You have to do both.
For those who have interviewed, when were your applications complete? I finished mine 10/7 which I know is late, but I'm also IS.
Complete 8/20, invited to interview on 10/3. (had to change my date though)
Anybody else having difficulty finding any attachments to the newsletter Georgia keeps sending out?
edit: nevermind. Third time's the charm.
Anybody else having difficulty finding any attachments to the newsletter Georgia keeps sending out?
edit: nevermind. Third time's the charm.
Last edited:
II today, complete late august/early september
Scheduled for Feb.
Scheduled for Feb.
Last edited:
I'm IS as well and I was complete 10/1 (which I also know is late). I haven't had a status update in a while, but I'm assuming that is because of how late I submitted.
I did OSUs essays last because they were so different :-/
I did OSUs essays last because they were so different :-/
Nope, just sat at home and crossed my fingers!Congrats! Hoping to get off the list soon! Did you send an update/interest letter?
Thanks!
Deferred decision. A bit surprised, I thought the interview went well. Oh well! Sounds like people are getting picked from it, so there's still hope.
At least you got that! Still crossing my fingers for an II. I grew up in Ohio and my sister lives in Columbus, currently OOS though ....
Are decisions supposed to come out tomorrow night despite the holiday?
Does anyone know what caused OSU's research ranking to slip from 27 to 39? I remember hearing that it was due to an arbitrary technicality; something about their cancer center research funds counting separately from the medical school.....
Also, any thoughts on Ohio State vs. Case Western?? They are both great schools and if it comes down to these two I will have a hard time deciding.
Also, any thoughts on Ohio State vs. Case Western?? They are both great schools and if it comes down to these two I will have a hard time deciding.
Does anyone know what caused OSU's research ranking to slip from 27 to 39? I remember hearing that it was due to an arbitrary technicality; something about their cancer center research funds counting separately from the medical school.....
Also, any thoughts on Ohio State vs. Case Western?? They are both great schools and if it comes down to these two I will have a hard time deciding.
Both schools seem great, and I don't think that rankings really matter that much. OSU has those new buildings so there seems to be amazing opportunities there, but Case Western has Cleveland Clinic; so I guess it's all about what you want and what's a better fit for you. Cleveland or Columbus??
Are decisions supposed to come out tomorrow night despite the holiday?
I was told November 15 😵
Does anyone know what caused OSU's research ranking to slip from 27 to 39? I remember hearing that it was due to an arbitrary technicality; something about their cancer center research funds counting separately from the medical school.....
Also, any thoughts on Ohio State vs. Case Western?? They are both great schools and if it comes down to these two I will have a hard time deciding.
I think it was due to a change in USNEWS algorithm... Changed from research money per institution to research money per institution per faculty member or something...
I don't really think it matters that much, though. You can get good research from OSU if you're interested.
I hear back tomorrow night. 3.7/37Q IS. Really hopeful!
X
Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is a student hosting program here? I can't find it on the website.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if there is a student hosting program here? I can't find it on the website.
Go to the status page and click the link to view the letter for your interview invite, there's info on there! 🙂
Go to the status page and click the link to view the letter for your interview invite, there's info on there! 🙂
Thanks, found it.
Got the call from Dr. Capers!!!!! So excited right now.
X
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.