-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Submitted today. Never been to Norfolk, but here's hoping for a little luck (for all of us!) from EVMS!
By the way, I really like their website. It's one of the more thorough sites for a med school, which I've come to appreciate in gathering info for the "Why X school?" essays.
By the way, I really like their website. It's one of the more thorough sites for a med school, which I've come to appreciate in gathering info for the "Why X school?" essays.
Still haven't gotten a secondary yet. Does this mean I've been screened out?
Are you an out of state applicant? For what it's worth, I am an OOS with a 3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 33 MCAT and got a secondary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted436726
Are you an out of state applicant? For what it's worth, I am an OOS with a 3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 33 MCAT and got a secondary.
Yep OOS, similar MCAT to you but a lower GPA.
Yep OOS, similar MCAT to you but a lower GPA.
OOS. I submitted my verified primary/MCAT to them yesterday and got the secondary about 15 minutes ago.
D
deleted628330
Anyone else still waiting for a complete e-mail? I submitted 7/21, have all my letters in, but no complete e-mail yet.
OOS Secondary submitted! Received about 3 weeks ago. Wish I could have gotten it in sooner, but had so many other secondaries come in before it. Hopefully this doesn't look too bad as long as it's in the 30 day timeframe.
Last edited:
OOS Secondary submitted! Received about 3 weeks ago. Wish I could have gotten it in sooner, but had so many other secondaries come in before it. Hopefully this doesn't look too bad as long as it's in the 30 day timeframe.
I think as long as you submit within the designated deadline you are okay... Obviously for the schools that say the deadline is in like december, the sooner the better, but EVMS hasn't even sent out II's yet.
Haha I am in the same boat as you for this school's secondary so I may be bias!
Got a complete email today! That was a quick turnaround.
I think as long as you submit within the designated deadline you are okay... Obviously for the schools that say the deadline is in like december, the sooner the better, but EVMS hasn't even sent out II's yet.
Haha I am in the same boat as you for this school's secondary so I may be bias!
I know we are required to submit secondary within 30 days. I submitted mine on day 29!
And I had AMCAS assign my letters a long time ago.
denied pre secondary 🙁
denied pre secondary 🙁
chin up, son. plenty of fish in the sea.
chin up, son. plenty of fish in the sea.
Yes, there are a lot of applicants 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Close. But it definitely isn't necessary if you don't have something substantial to add.Did you guys use all 2000 characters for each of the essays?
Got a complete email today! That was a quick turnaround.
It has been a few days since I submitted my secondary, but I am still waiting for a complete email. All my letters were assigned a long time ago. Is this normal?
In-state people, how long did it take for you to receive a complete e-mail after submitting the requisite documents? It's been two weeks and I am contemplating a phone-call to admissions.
OOS and complete e-mail took 2 days early August.
OOS and complete e-mail took 2 days early August.
That's quick! I am OOS as well, and it has been 2 days for me also. Probably going to get a complete e-mail tomorrow.
Did you guys use all 2000 characters for each of the essays?
Hey, I'm an OOS M1 here at EVMS. I didn't even get close to 2000 characters. I probably averaged 500 per question. I kind of get the feeling that the space is there in case you really want it, but DON'T FORCE IT. just my two pesos here.
Hi everyone...This might be a stupid question. I can't upload my picture. I cropped it, but can't fix the size on my macbook 🙁 any suggestions?
I had the same problem. Know what I did? I found a PC. I can't believe that Mac doesn't have a crop function, so google is your friend, but just in case PC is it.
LOL me too. It was tortured. Miserable. Awful. Never again.Finally submitted the secondary...on DAY 30. hope that's okay![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you Sooooo much! you saved meI used Preview (Tools> Adj Size) and worked for me!

I had the same problem. Know what I did? I found a PC. I can't believe that Mac doesn't have a crop function, so google is your friend, but just in case PC is it.
Mac has a crop function. Open it in preview. You can choose the size.
Or just use a website with a resizing tool.
Or e-mail it to a friend that does graphic design.
I *just* got that Mac, so... Learning curve.Mac has a crop function. Open it in preview. You can choose the size.
Or just use a website with a resizing tool.
Or e-mail it to a friend that does graphic design.
EVMS had potentially the worst setup for pre-reqs of any of my school. Really pissed me off when entering everything...
Also, I just used paint for their stupid photo size lol.
Also, I just used paint for their stupid photo size lol.
FWIW: Verified early August, just got the secondary. OOS, <3.5 cGPA, <3.4 sGPA, 33 MCAT
For entering in the courses, if I took biology while my school was in the quarter system (we switched half way through my undergrad) should I list both biology courses as optional semester or the first as first semester and second as second semester? Also, should I list the quarter hours or convert them to semester hours?
Also, it says that if your class had lecture and lab together that you should indicate this in the course information section. I see no course information section.......
Also, it says that if your class had lecture and lab together that you should indicate this in the course information section. I see no course information section.......
Rejected pre-interview today, first one always stings the worst hopefully. For those who are wondering, OOS, sGPA 3.3, cGPA >3.5, balanced 33 MCAT, multiple strong and unique ECs. Good luck to everyone still in the running
Email rejection:
3.3-3.4 31 OOS
3.3-3.4 31 OOS
I received an e-mail rejection today as well. 🙁 3.5, 31, OOS.
Sorry to hear about all the rejections 🙁
If you guys don't mind me asking, when were you complete?
If you guys don't mind me asking, when were you complete?
Sorry to hear about all the rejections 🙁
If you guys don't mind me asking, when were you complete?
8/1
Is there an MCAT cutoff for this school?
Don't think there is, but last week at orientation we received information saying that the average matriculating MCAT was a 31.0 for 2013Is there an MCAT cutoff for this school?
EDIT: white coat ceremony today. Our class had a cgpa of 3.6, and "an average MCAT over 31." 150 students, biggest EVMS class to date. About half out of state. Hope that info helps.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone IS get a complete email?
Did you ever get the complete email? I'm IS as well and I submitted the forms on the 22, but no complete email yet.
I got the complete email, but only quite recently. I had to submit some additional stuff to be complete. I would recommend calling or emailing to followup.Did you ever get the complete email? I'm IS as well and I submitted the forms on the 22, but no complete email yet.
I got the complete email, but only quite recently. I had to submit some additional stuff to be complete. I would recommend calling or emailing to followup.
I sent in all of the tax forms, license information, voter registration, etc. etc., but I have been patiently waiting for that email... Thank you for replying!
I got the complete email, but only quite recently. I had to submit some additional stuff to be complete. I would recommend calling or emailing to followup.I sent in all of the tax forms, license information, voter registration, etc. etc., but I have been patiently waiting for that email... Thank you for replying!
Was all of that additional documentation required to prove residency? How were you informed that they needed it?
Was all of that additional documentation required to prove residency? How were you informed that they needed it?
The admissions office emailed me asking for the following: Virginia state driver's license, Virginia voter registration, Virginia car registration for the vehicle you operate even if it is not registered in your name (please check expiration date on registration), and Virginia state taxes (2013 or the taxes of the person who claimed you).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K