You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wonder if it's going to be today after all.
12 hrs till we find out!
12 hrs till we find out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No news. Jepstein30 said we'd probably here in the afternoon around 2 or 3. Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely to get an interview offer at this point. Jeff only interviews on Wednesdays and 4/8 is the last day so there is only one interview date left. Wish I had better news for you. There is always next year!
Hoping there's a lot of good news today! You guys all seem really excited. Calls do indeed go out around 2-3pm; when I saw that 215 area code I jumped up in the air.
Jeff is such an awesome school and I'm looking forward to hopefully having you guys as classmates!
Jeff is such an awesome school and I'm looking forward to hopefully having you guys as classmates!
Last edited:
it depends on when your interviewer shows up right? at cookie hour, Dr. Brooks said that my interviewer doesn't come every week, but i guess he could come this week? gah. idk. the wait is killing me.
Don't worry she told me the same thing. I am just hoping that my interviewer has the time this week so that I can hear today!it depends on when your interviewer shows up right? at cookie hour, Dr. Brooks said that my interviewer doesn't come every week, but i guess he could come this week? gah. idk. the wait is killing me.
Don't worry she told me the same thing. I am just hoping that my interviewer has the time this week so that I can hear today!
Here's to us hearing back today! Good luck!!
Yeah, I remember them saying that it depends on when your interviewer is able to make it. I interviewed four weeks ago so I'm really hoping to hear back today, for better or for worse!
What day did you interview? I hope you hear back today too!
Nice! Yeah once you have that initial acceptance it takes a major load off your mind. I am still waiting for that relief...
What day did you interview? I hope you hear back today too!
I interviewed on 3/4. Been very anxious every Wednesday since haha
Interviewed three weeks ago (3/11). Luckily I've received my first acceptance in the mean time, so it takes a (very tiny) bit of the edge off. On the other hand, I loved Jefferson (a lot). I think I may lose it if I don't hear today![]()
I'm in the same boat. I've been accepted elsewhere but I looooved Jeff on interview and would be so excited to go there 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you mind sharing who your interviewer was?Yeah, I remember them saying that it depends on when your interviewer is able to make it. I interviewed four weeks ago so I'm really hoping to hear back today, for better or for worse!
Would you mind sharing who your interviewer was?
I interviewed with Dr. Wasti. She's a breast imaging specialist.
Ok thanks! Someone had said the same thing about my interviewer, so I thought maybe we had the same one but I guess not.I interviewed with Dr. Wasti. She's a breast imaging specialist.
Nice! Yeah once you have that initial acceptance it takes a major load off your mind. I am still waiting for that relief...
Hope you get it!
Maybe not good but at the very least it is neutral
No news is no news at Jefferson.
You'll find out the decision when your interiewer goes to the committee meeting. For some, that's a week later.. for others, it could be a few weeks.
Calls typically go out from 2-3 on Wednesdays, during the application season at least. Not sure how that changes once interviews are over next week.
You'll find out the decision when your interiewer goes to the committee meeting. For some, that's a week later.. for others, it could be a few weeks.
Calls typically go out from 2-3 on Wednesdays, during the application season at least. Not sure how that changes once interviews are over next week.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you decide to go?Submitted my acceptance withdrawal in the mail yesterday. Good luck to everyone waiting to get in, this was a great school with exceptional people.
University of WashingtonIf you don't mind me asking, where did you decide to go?
Congratulations!University of Washington
Congrats!!Accepted by phone at 240 so happy🙂 I'll post more details after work
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So jealous!!!Accepted by phone at 240 so happy🙂 I'll post more details after work
well, I'll see you all back here next week. same Jeff time, same Jeff forum.
well, I'll see you all back here next week. same Jeff time, same Jeff forum.
unless we get the hpwl/alternate email around 4:40pm today 😉
I got hpwl email just now
No news here. It's almost my birthday though, maybe they are just waiting to surprise me then!
Omg omg omg omg omg.
I'm in Dublin. Just checked my voicemail on a whim and I'm certain someone left a message saying that I should expect some mail soon.
I'm so freaking excited!
Time to drink lots of Jameson!
I'm in Dublin. Just checked my voicemail on a whim and I'm certain someone left a message saying that I should expect some mail soon.
I'm so freaking excited!
Time to drink lots of Jameson!
I plan to send mine in ASAP. And by ASAP I mean within the next four days. You can't rush perfection.Hey guys,
HPWL'd today as well. I am 1000% going to be sending in a LOI and will have another LOR sent in. Is there any benefit to waiting to send my LOI in? As in closer to when HPWL movement actually begins. Or should I just send it in ASAP?
Thanks!
Does anyone know if there are tours of Jeff housing during second look? I'd love to see what the apartments look like...
Yes, there are.Does anyone know if there are tours of Jeff housing during second look? I'd love to see what the apartments look like...
Got out of yoga to an email...HPWL! I know that sounds like not the best news, but I'm delighted that Jefferson is giving me a solid chance. It's really my favorite of the schools I've interviewed at. Congratulations to everyone accepted today, especially everyone who interviewed with me. I hope to join you in the fall!
Edit: The WL email instructs us to email Dr. Callahan to reserve a waitlist spot. Is this like Georgetown, where the waitlist letter is always a formal Letter of Interest, or simply a 'yes' or 'no?'
I know the Dean reads all of her email (!!), and I don't want to add to the volume unnecessarily.
Edit: The WL email instructs us to email Dr. Callahan to reserve a waitlist spot. Is this like Georgetown, where the waitlist letter is always a formal Letter of Interest, or simply a 'yes' or 'no?'
I know the Dean reads all of her email (!!), and I don't want to add to the volume unnecessarily.
Last edited:
I recant my previous gif. I'm freaking out. Why didn't they make a decision about me today? I was told my interviewer attends all Adcom meetings. Could I have been brought up but tabled? Do they always render a decision immediately? Did I f-up my student interview somehow?
It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near Philly or else I'd be standing on Walnut, boombox overhead doing my best Lloyd Dobler impression.
And I'll beat Dr. Strange to the punch, I know the answer is alcohol, but I have work and class 'til 930, so that has to wait a few more hours.
EDIT: deep breaths were taken and I'm back to normal. The iced coffee at lunch was a bad idea.
It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near Philly or else I'd be standing on Walnut, boombox overhead doing my best Lloyd Dobler impression.
And I'll beat Dr. Strange to the punch, I know the answer is alcohol, but I have work and class 'til 930, so that has to wait a few more hours.
EDIT: deep breaths were taken and I'm back to normal. The iced coffee at lunch was a bad idea.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the HPWL is ranked? Or were we all just put at the end of it today?
Sorry if this has been clarified in the past!
No-one really knows whether it's ranked or not but if it is, I highly doubt you were placed at the end of it just because of when you interviewed. Again though, HPWL gets a lot of movement in May. Keep the deans updated with what you are doing and let them know if you really want to go to Jeff.
Got out of yoga to an email...HPWL! I know that sounds like not the best news, but I'm delighted that Jefferson is giving me a solid chance. It's really my favorite of the schools I've interviewed at. Congratulations to everyone accepted today, especially everyone who interviewed with me. I hope to join you in the fall!
Edit: The WL email instructs us to email Dr. Callahan to reserve a waitlist spot. Is this like Georgetown, where the waitlist letter is always a formal Letter of Interest, or simply a 'yes' or 'no?'
I know the Dean reads all of her email (!!), and I don't want to add to the volume unnecessarily.
I think a succinct email saying you would absolutely like a spot on the waitlist and reiterating your desire to attend is good.
I recant my previous gif. I'm freaking out. Why didn't they make a decision about me today? I was told my interviewer attends all Adcom meetings. Could I have been brought up but tabled? Do they always render a decision immediately? Did I f-up my student interview somehow?
It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near Philly or else I'd be standing on Walnut, boombox overhead doing my best Lloyd Dobler impression.
And I'll beat Dr. Strange to the punch, I know the answer is alcohol, but I have work and class 'til 930, so that has to wait a few more hours.
EDIT: deep breaths were taken and I'm back to normal. The iced coffee at lunch was a bad idea.
Most likely, they didn't make a decision about you today because your interviewer didn't show up to the meeting. They are very good at letting you know as soon as a decision is made.. so not being notified today likely means nothing has been done yet. Things happen.. maybe your interviewer had a busy day, an emergency, was sick, etc.
they don't really 'table' people.. that's what the waitlists are for, especially this late in the game. and i highly, highly doubt you performed poorly in your student interview in general.. especially to the degree that it would affect your admission negatively.
just chill for another week.
I'm in!
Guys I followed dr. Stranges advice and drank and I'm in!
So much Guinness and Jameson in Dublin!...
Guys I followed dr. Stranges advice and drank and I'm in!
So much Guinness and Jameson in Dublin!...
anyone know to whom do we send our LOR to? Do we send it to Dr. Callahan directly?
Accepted today around 2:45 PM! LizzyM 70-72. Very excited!
Hey Congrats! I remember your other thread where you weren't sure about keeping your spot DO. Glad MD worked out for you this cycle!
Congrats to everyone who got the call today. Jeff is awesome, maybe we will all be classmates next year 😎
Also best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! I'm rooting for ya'll!
Anyone who got accepted today get anything about the second look day? I'd love to go because the campus was beautiful and it'd be nice to visit when I'm not all nervy for interviews!
Hey Congrats! I remember your other thread where you weren't sure about keeping your spot DO. Glad MD worked out for you this cycle!
Congrats to everyone who got the call today. Jeff is awesome, maybe we will all be classmates next year 😎
Also best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! I'm rooting for ya'll!
Anyone who got accepted today get anything about the second look day? I'd love to go because the campus was beautiful and it'd be nice to visit when I'm not all nervy for interviews!
Congrats on your acceptance! Second look is April 23-24. Hope to see you there!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
