You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
you better believe it.Anyone else just have a heart attack at that email?
yup yupAnyone else just have a heart attack at that email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why would you have a heart attack from that email?
Totally freaked out from that email too. Not cool lol
I actually thought it was going to be somewhat relieving. As someone who is deferred, I'm really anxious to see if I get in or not and OSU's refusal to even give a remote idea of where we stand on the waitlist is nerve wracking when it comes to future plans
Yeah, I definitely thought it was a "change of status" notification, which at this point (without a phone call) would not be a positive change. Lbs
Just got accepted into OSU! 

Just got accepted into OSU!![]()
Congratulations!!! That's so awesome 🙂 did you happen to finish the online anatomy course? Also would you mind sharing your stats?
Congratulations!!! That's so awesome 🙂 did you happen to finish the online anatomy course? Also would you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks 🙂
I never took the online course as I already had credit for anatomy. LizzyM mid to low 70s
Congrats!!!! Do you mind sharing if it was a phone call or an email noting a change in status?Just got accepted into OSU!![]()
Congrats!!!! Do you mind sharing if it was a phone call or an email noting a change in status?
Thanks 🙂
It was a phone call, and they said that my status would actually not change to reflect the decision until the next day.
Does anybody know what kind of iPads we will be getting?
Does anybody know what kind of iPads we will be getting?
iPad air first and second year. Those get traded in for the Mini during third year. That's the current procedure, however it might be subject to change.
Are cases/etc provided or do we need to provide our own?iPad air first and second year. Those get traded in for the Mini during third year. That's the current procedure, however it might be subject to change.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of consideration for the people still waiting to hear back from the waitlist, I feel like these questions would be more appropriate for the class of 2019 Facebook page (just my opinion). There are many current OSU students on that page that I'm sure would have the answer to these questions.
When I was still waiting to hear back, I found it irritating to hear students complain about their financial aid situation and talk about things concerning admitted students. It's a form of gloating. Just a thought.
When I was still waiting to hear back, I found it irritating to hear students complain about their financial aid situation and talk about things concerning admitted students. It's a form of gloating. Just a thought.
Out of consideration for the people still waiting to hear back from the waitlist, I feel like these questions would be more appropriate for the class of 2019 Facebook page (just my opinion). There are many current OSU students on that page that I'm sure would have the answer to these questions.
When I was still waiting to hear back, I found it irritating to hear students complain about their financial aid situation and talk about things concerning admitted students. It's a form of gloating. Just a thought.
Gloating? Like the kind you are happy you got in and laughing at people who didn't?
While you have a valid point, let's not antagonize future classmates with accusations like that even before classes start.
Gloating? Like the kind you are happy you got in and laughing at people who didn't?
While you have a valid point, let's not antagonize future classmates with accusations like that even before classes start.
I am sorry that you feel antagonized by my post, but this was not meant to be a personal attack. I'm just sharing my thoughts is all 🙂 . We are friends on facebook, so you know who I am. I would be happy to clear this up with you on there!
Provide your own. You are given a soft sleeve that you can slip it into and out of, but if you want a case that folds and angles the iPad up, or one of the keyboard cases, you'll have to get your own. Don't know what kind of case, if any, they'll provide next year though.Are cases/etc provided or do we need to provide our own?
.
Last edited:
I actually think for the most part it's over except for some movement here and there until class startsThere has been very little waitlist movement. Do you think the show has yet to begun?
Looking at last year's thread, it looks like most wait list movement happened in the June-early July timeframe. Don't give up hope yet!
It's beginning of June. Class definitely isn't set. I'd expect waitlist movement shorty guys.Today, they sent out an email regarding orientation information and white coat sizing. The class is probably set.
Today, they sent out an email regarding orientation information and white coat sizing. The class is probably set.
class isn't set. waitlist movement will go on till orientation
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete silence here...anyone else reapplying to OSUCOM for Fall 2016?Has anyone gotten a call or heard any other news recently?
Do you think they'll send out an e-mail asking people if they finished the anatomy requirement? In previous years they sent out an e-mail around this time to determine the final ranking for the waitlist. I feel like if they don't ask this year it's because their class is already full, but that's just an assumption.
Just curious but how do you know they haven't already had movement and it just wasn't reported on sdn?
Haha I really have no clue. I guess I just want more movement aka I wanna get a call hahaJust curious but how do you know they haven't already had movement and it just wasn't reported on sdn?
Perhaps you should call admissions and ask what sort of change has occurred since June. I am sure they will be candid with you, as they are very nice.Any movement...slowly losing hope :/
I called and spoke with them earlier today! I called around 10 and the answering machine said they will be out of the office until 1 so I called around 1:15 and got through.I have called multiple times and only get voicemail. I left a voicemail 2 days ago and emailed them yesterday and haven't heard back. Anyone else try to contact them recently....trying to find out if their class is set yet.
Thanks! So, is the class set?I called and spoke with them earlier today! I called around 10 and the answering machine said they will be out of the office until 1 so I called around 1:15 and got through.
I didn't ask if the class was set because I saw this post later :/ but they told me the final day to hear anything would be August 3rd - I don't know if it is before or actually on that date however.Thanks! So, is the class set?
I know of someone who got off of the waitlist yesterday
Wow thats so awesome! That person is probably dying of happinessI know of someone who got off of the waitlist yesterday
I didn't ask if the class was set because I saw this post later :/ but they told me the final day to hear anything would be August 3rd - I don't know if it is before or actually on that date however.
Considering that's the first day of orientation week, I'd imagine they'd probably tell you before, unless someone for sure doesn't pay the deposit, register for class, or show up to check in on that Monday.
Well, I received a status change on 7/21 that my file was closed. Good luck to the rest of you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally rejected. Already signed a lease at the school I'm going to next year anyways but was just curious if they let me in....ya know...self esteem booster and so I could say I got into more than one MD school...selfish, stupid reasons. Best of luck to the rest of you!
August 10th is the first day of classes. Technically, the class is set by August 3rd, but if anyone doesn't show up for registration on Monday of orientation week, we may try to fill the spot last minute, but that's a rare occurrence.When is the first day of classes? Just so I know by when I need to give up hope haha
Finally rejected. Bummer! 👎
I just read your whole MDapps....where did you end up picking to attend?Finally rejected. Bummer! 👎