You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hate to advise the spending of money, but the small investment of cash and time would seem to be outweighed by the potential benefit here. Every time we apply, we are risking. . .but the alternative is nothing gained, and the SCHOOL is encouraging you! I'd give it a shot. . .and maybe shed that "inadequate" belief. Even if a school sends us a "thanks but no thanks" response, that doesn't reflect on our real adequacy, and I think that we know that. Since you are considering, why not apply?How long do interviews go here? Worth adding it so late? I've had the secondary for 2weeks because they emailed me encouraging me to apply, but I felt inadequate. Now I'm feeling like I should apply...
How long do interviews go here? Worth adding it so late? I've had the secondary for 2weeks because they emailed me encouraging me to apply, but I felt inadequate. Now I'm feeling like I should apply...
OSU interviews into the spring.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, they send more emails than any other school I applied to. You will get confirmation emails for everything, for submitted, for status change, you name it. They are extremely thorough.i'm throwing my name into the hat now. i feel like this is the one school i 'missed' when i applied everywhere else 3 months ago. i already made the account with those security questions. do they send another email with the secondary?
Literally just submitted my secondary...so late but I figured I might as well since they emailed me! Here's to hoping!
Go for it! Ventured. . .gained. . .Literally just submitted my secondary...so late but I figured I might as well since they emailed me! Here's to hoping!
I just got an interview invite today.I was wondering if there have been any recent Interview invites after their first round. I finished the secondary on 8/27 and haven't heard anything back yet.
I was wondering if there have been any recent Interview invites after their first round. I finished the secondary on 8/27 and haven't heard anything back yet.
just got my II this morning! OOS, LizzyM 72, complete 9/9. don't give up hope!
I just got an interview invite today.
Awesome!! Complete date and stats if you don't mind?
I'm not sure exactly when my complete date was, because my school finally sent out its letter packet after I had been verified and submitted the secondary and everything. I have an email saying my status changed on September 2, and though the website doesn't show a history of my status changes, I'm assuming that's when I was marked complete. LizzyM 75.Awesome!! Complete date and stats if you don't mind?
does anyone know what OSU's post-interview acceptance rate is? if there's a statistic out there for OOS that would be great, or just in general works too
The acceptance rate post interview is 50%. For the entering class of 2014, 732 applicants were interviewed, and 382 were accepted. Feel free to creep on the class here: http://medicine.osu.edu/students/admissions/Class Profile/Class Profile.pdf
That's a very favorable #. I guess we can infer that if you are invited for an interview they are very serious about having you as a student.The acceptance rate post interview is 50%. For the entering class of 2014, 732 applicants were interviewed, and 382 were accepted. Feel free to creep on the class here: http://medicine.osu.edu/students/admissions/Class Profile/Class Profile.pdf
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, that's the idea! A fair amount of effort is put into selecting good candidates for interviews. That's also why OSU can conduct metric blind interviews without too much concern, since interviewees are generally well qualified.That's a very favorable #. I guess we can infer that if you are invited for an interview they are very serious about having you as a student.
Last edited:
Yep, that's the idea! A fair amount of effort is put into selecting good candidates for interviews. That's also why OSU can conduct metric blind interviews without too much concern, since interviewees are generally well qualified.
Nice. OOS, status changed 8/20, LizzyM 70-71. Still awaiting a response. Fingers crossed.Yep, that's the idea! A fair amount of effort is put into selecting good candidates for interviews. That's also why OSU can conduct metric blind interviews without too much concern, since interviewees are generally well qualified.
I was one of the first interviewees and got deferred. I wonder what percent of deferred interviewees get accepted if anyone knows.
Hey, sorry to hear about your deferment. Could you please inform me of what deferment means specifically within the context of OSU admissions? Thanks.I was one of the first interviewees and got deferred. I wonder what percent of deferred interviewees get accepted if anyone knows.
No clue.
Intervieed 9/15, accepted night of 10/14. But to any accepted students, have you done anything other than check the box saying you confirm your acceptance, or are you also mailing out the Technical Attestation thing?
I checked the box and mailed the technical attestation form. But I never received an email about how to give them the 25$ deposit, did anybody get that?
I called them and they said the only thing we had to do right now was check the box to accept their offer. Have you received the official acceptance letter in the mail yet?I checked the box and mailed the technical attestation form. But I never received an email about how to give them the 25$ deposit, did anybody get that?
I called them and they said the only thing we had to do right now was check the box to accept their offer. Have you received the official acceptance letter in the mail yet?
Oh awesome. No letter, but please do share when you get it!
How long do interviews go here? Worth adding it so late? I've had the secondary for 2weeks because they emailed me encouraging me to apply, but I felt inadequate. Now I'm feeling like I should apply...
+1🤔🤔🤔
I just decided to send mine after reading your post. Let's pray for each other... and everybody else too!
Accepted!!! The calls have started for tonight 🙂))))
Deal!!! Prayers up!+1🤔🤔🤔
I just decided to send mine after reading your post. Let's pray for each other... and everybody else too!
ACCEPTED! Sorry Dr. Capers for screaming into your ear for a solid 2 minutes!!
Hey, accepted Buckeyes! Congratulations!! I'm sure Dr. Capers knows to pad those ear canals with cotton by now. . .and Tupacca, how wonderful that you are setting a good example when it comes to MD fitness! Doctortobeee, now you can cut back to two "e"s in your name!! Wishing good news on the way to those still waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone shed some light on what your chances are after deferment? I got my status update this morning and was really surprised. I had a really good feeling given my stats: GPA- 4.0, MCAT- 38, OOS, plus solid volunteer work and leadership experience, along with work in a research lab and several TA positions.. And even though I'm OOS my dad was born in Ohio and lived there til he was 17, which I was able to put on my secondary. I thought my interviews went great, my faculty member even assured me I would be accepted into med school at one point (of course he didn't specify OSU COM).
They update the portal on the date they say in the interview if you haven't received an II then you can still be in the running till march to my understanding as their interview season is sept to march.Anyone know if/when OSU sends rejections?
They update the portal on the date they say in the interview if you haven't received an II then you can still be in the running till march to my understanding as their interview season is sept to march.
do you remember what date this is? I've just been looking at "Received" on my status page for the past few months so it'd be nice to see an update 🙂
I think you are still waiting for an II then if it says received which could come anytime till march according to their interview season.do you remember what date this is? I've just been looking at "Received" on my status page for the past few months so it'd be nice to see an update 🙂
Does anyone have insight into whether there are special programs available to incoming M1s? Is there a summer research program or anything like that to participate in?
Oh awesome. No letter, but please do share when you get it!
No official letter yet. I also haven't received the email from the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions yet, have you?
No official letter yet. I also haven't received the email from the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions yet, have you?
Nope! Just be worry free until they demand their 25$ 😀
anyone who has interviewed here know about how much it is for a cab from the airport to the campus area?
It was about 30-40 , including the fees they always tack on. I think the fare meter said 29.00
I TOLD myself I would not check my email so I could study for an afternoon exam for four hours. I TOLD myself I'd be disappointed and distracted by rejections.
...but I didn't listen, and now I'm about 800x more distracted than I would have been with a rejection, because OSU sent me an II!!! OMG! I am so stoked. 😀
😍 Complete in July, LizzyM = 73, OOS.
...but I didn't listen, and now I'm about 800x more distracted than I would have been with a rejection, because OSU sent me an II!!! OMG! I am so stoked. 😀
😍 Complete in July, LizzyM = 73, OOS.
Last edited:
I TOLD myself I would not check my email so I could study for an afternoon exam for four hours. I TOLD myself I'd be disappointed and distracted by rejections.
...but I didn't listen, and now I'm about 800x more distracted than I would have been with a rejection, because OSU sent me an II!!! OMG! I am so stoked. 😀😍 Complete in July, LizzyM = 73.
CONGRATS! You will have a great time at the interview. I knew OSU was awesome, but I was blown away by my visit to Columbus.
Last edited:
Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?II invite today!! I thought my chances were over here. Way excited! OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! 3.9, 34 MCAT, completed late July.Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?
Did you get rejected or just haven't heard yet? It's my #1 choice but haven't heard anything yet.No OSU love for me 🙁
just silence...Did you get rejected or just haven't heard yet? It's my #1 choice but haven't heard anything yet.
just silence...