You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
"Small" Pooled.
can anyone explain what "small pooled" means? im sorry for the ignorance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really confused about the whole small pool thing...Is this what everyone else means?
Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Dear Applicant,
We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extended. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Hope this helpscan anyone explain what "small pooled" means? im sorry for the ignorance.
whelp. so far its looking like >3.7 >33 Canadian rejection 🙁I think being small pooled is the next step before receiving an interview. From my understanding, if you are small pooled you may or may not receive an II, but if you're not small pooled you're for sure not getting an interview.
whelp. so far its looking like >3.7 >33 Canadian rejection 🙁
going through last year's thread shows that some people get small pooled later even with an early completion date. so don't give up hope! 🙂
I am a reapplicant and I got smalled pool by RF last year. I applied much later last year and got small pool in mid November and never got an II. What the thread taught me last year is that small pooled is technically a good thing. The pool isn't very small and no one is going to be able to tell you any statistics on it. Just accept it as a very small step forward and get ready to wait it out.
Has anyone who was complete around or after 7/14 been small pooled yet?
i got complete email 7/28...no small pool email yet..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got complete email 7/28...no small pool email yet..
I wish I was small pooled 🙁
lol I expect to wait a while since I wasn't complete until 7/19
Well I am happy to know I am not the only one waiting with a later complete date. We can wait in agony together! 😀
Well I am happy to know I am not the only one waiting with a later complete date. We can wait in agony together! 😀
+4
Does anybody know what number or percentage of applicants are small-pooled? It would be good to know if only the top 25% of the applicant pool made it versus the top 75%.
judging from previous years' threads, that's a mystery yet solved
Complete the same day and haven't heard anything either. I thought this was one of the lower stat md schools I'd have a good shot at :/.Complete 7/7 - anybody else complete this early and not hear anything? Kinda discouraged.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
They can still small pool us later..right?
Has anyone who was complete around or after 7/14 been small pooled yet?
Submitted secondary on 7/15, application complete email on 7/29, and no small pool email here, yet.
Complete on July 7th as well. nothing yet ;(((Complete the same day and haven't heard anything either. I thought this was one of the lower stat md schools I'd have a good shot at :/.
They can still small pool us later..right?
I used IE, but I still don't get to the payment page. Is anyone else having this issue?
Contact the admissions office if you're still having issues (email or phone during business hours).
I submitted using the wrong browser, but after I contacted them and resubmitted using IE, it worked.
Submitted secondary on 7/15, application complete email on 7/29, and no small pool email here, yet.
I was looking through last year's thread and I think they were taking about a month from completion date to small pool. We could still be waiting for a couple weeks... trying to relax until then
If I wasn't small pooled, do I even have a chance..?
I'd prefer to be jacuzzi-ed, personally.
I feel like standing on needles by the side of Lake Michigan (not small pool) and all you bro are joking.........speechless 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete on July 7th as well. nothing yet ;(((
I was small pooled yesterday but I was complete on July 1st. They probably have not gotten to your application yet! I am sure you will hear something soon so hang in there
Complete on July 7th as well. nothing yet ;(((
I was small pooled yesterday but I was complete on July 1st. They probably have not gotten to your application yet! I am sure you will hear something soon so hang in there![]()
same here, complete 7/1 and got the small pool email yday
I feel like standing on needles by the side of Lake Michigan (not small pool) and all you bro are joking.........speechless 🙁
Take some deep breaths. It's only August.
Last year first II went out late August, and they're small pooling on the same schedule as last year so I think they're on pace for late August IIs again.Anybody know how long it will be now before they will start sending out invites?
Can someone answer my question? So if I wasn't small pooled and I was complete on 7/8, does that mean i'm not being considered anymore?
IL resident, completed secondary 7/1, and haven't heard anything yet.
Can someone answer my question? So if I wasn't small pooled and I was complete on 7/8, does that mean i'm not being considered anymore?
I don't think that's the case. Previous years' threads show that some people who don't get small pooled initially, do get small pooled later even though they were complete earlier.
Does Rosy accept updates?
I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine they would take their entire 2015 class from the people they small-pooled within the first month of applying.Can someone answer my question? So if I wasn't small pooled and I was complete on 7/8, does that mean i'm not being considered anymore?
In the small pool email they said not until interview invitesDoes Rosy accept updates?
I'm dying laughing now. This is exactly the small pool we're in!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice. rejection. never small pooled
Feel ya bro, same here and I was above their stats...Nice. rejection. never small pooled
Nice. rejection. never small pooled
Feel ya bro, same here and I was above their stats...
Sorry to hear that guys, I was never small pooled either and am starting to get worried I will be getting this email soon. Do you mind sharing when you were complete?
Edit: @jjtheairplane Sorry, I just saw that you already posted this.
Sorry to hear that guys, I was never small pooled either and am starting to get worried I will be getting this email soon. Do you mind sharing when you were complete?
Edit: @jjtheairplane Sorry, I just saw that you already posted this.
I don't think anyone has been small pooled yet?
Edit: My bad, I thought I was in a different thread.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K