2015-2016 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@adcom101

Do you know how many interview slots are available for all of December, January, and February ?

Oh, and, for those not ranked within the 1-32, is there an alternate ranking or does the Dean just pick applicants to balance out the class?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@adcom101

Do you know how many interview slots are available for all of December, January, and February ?

Oh, and, for those not ranked within the 1-32, is there an alternate ranking or does the Dean just pick applicants to balance out the class?

I don't know how many slots are left. CCLCM interviews only on M-Th-F with max of 8-10 applicants per day. Dec. 21 is last day in December and resumes on Jan. 4. In February, your #ranked 17-32, and a ranked waitlist is generated, likely #33-45.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the publication! That's great news! You can email the admissions committee with the reference.

Thank you for the quick response and kind words! Update letter sent, now it's back to nervous anticipation mode.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't able to schedule an interview on the calendar, even though I was offered one. I scheduled one for the UT interview just to lock the position in but I'd rather take both interviews close in time to each other so I don't have to travel to Cleveland twice. I'll call tomorrow but is there anything I can do now?

I wasn't able to schedule an interview on the calendar, even though I was offered one. I scheduled one for the UT interview just to lock the position in but I'd rather take both interviews close in time to each other so I don't have to travel to Cleveland twice. I'll call tomorrow but is there anything I can do now?

I am in the same position as you. I waited to try and schedule UT/CT back to back but now I see there are no CT invite dates free. I will probably try calling tomorrow as well.

I called the office and they were very helpful and friendly. It seemed like they had plenty of dates open in November. I was able to do a Wednesday/Friday for UT/CT to minimize travel costs!

Reactions: 1 user
Yup I called the CT admissions office and they were super helpful. I was able to get a wednesday/thursday interview date to minimize travel costs. The UT date was updated within 3 hours but no updates from the CT office, it'll probably take a day or so.

My portal has still not updated, but I imagine it will happen later in the week!

II today!

Rejected via portal, complete 7/27. I got invited to interview to Case's MSTP program a week ago, though, so things aren't all bad!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected from College Track, no news from University Track. Also did not receive an email telling me this just checked the portal. Was hoping for some love given my research background, but ahh well. GL to all in the running!

Also, was complete 8/4, LizzyM~71.

Just rejected from CT. It was such a long shot anyways. Complete 8/27; LizzyM ~68.
Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Rejected from CT. Complete 9/14. No email, just checking portal. No news from University track.

Huh?
Did you have a regular interview as well?

Sorry about the rejection, but I confused about the whole phone interview thing...

Nope, they gave me a phone interview because I wasn't in their top list but they wanted me to have a chance I think. Don't worry, I have been pretty confused about what it means too but I didn't imagine it leading to a real interview haha

Nope, they gave me a phone interview because I wasn't in their top list but they wanted me to have a chance I think. Don't worry, I have been pretty confused about what it means too but I didn't imagine it leading to a real interview haha

Had you been placed on hold? Or did they offer you a phone interview right off the bat? Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. With the size of this program, they must be turning down hundreds of well-qualified applicants. :(

Had you been placed on hold? Or did they offer you a phone interview right off the bat? Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. With the size of this program, they must be turning down hundreds of well-qualified applicants. :(

No hold. Phone interview about 2.5 months after completion and then rejection like 2 weeks later. They get 2,500 applicants and you've got to imagine almost all of those are right up there in the correct stats range and have solid research experience. It's not like other programs where they get thousands of applicants who shouldn't even be applying. Crazy but expected :/

Hey guys, hopefully I can clear up the phone interview question...

CCLCM offers a phone interview to a select few (extremely few). These individuals did not pass initial screening to be offered a regular interview, but the school may see something in that applicant that makes us want to give them a second look. After the phone interview, the applicant may or may not be granted a chance to continue through the process with a regular interview. To emphasize, this option is rarely exercised by our admissions personnel, and I'm not sure of the exact criteria (if any?) that the Admissions office uses when offering a phone interview.

Also, I don't think that phone interviews are given to people initially placed on "hold". Outcomes for those individuals are either interview or decline to interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Has CCLCM stopped giving out IIs? Still checking the portal several times a day but I guess I should give up...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone who was initially placed on hold for further review heard anything back?

Ok so roundup time! I was complete 10/15 (LORs), and am now on hold.
Anyone else on hold?
Anyone been on hold that's been rejected/II? (I know there are a few of each mentioned in the thread; I just wanted to get the convo going).

LOVE this program.

:)

I dont get this, I was complete 25/9 and have not heard a thing from cclcm. Did they lose my app?!

Ok so roundup time! I was complete 10/15 (LORs), and am now on hold.
Anyone else on hold?
Anyone been on hold that's been rejected/II? (I know there are a few of each mentioned in the thread; I just wanted to get the convo going).

LOVE this program.

:)
Submitted my secondary on 9/16 and was placed on hold on 10/6. Still waiting to hear back. Agreed, this program sounds amazing. :nailbiting:

I dont get this, I was complete 25/9 and have not heard a thing from cclcm. Did they lose my app?!

I also don't understand much about the process (but that's not stopping me from generating some bad anecdotal data! Science FTW!). Also, it's getting boring refreshing my gmail...

I also don't understand anything about the process (but that's not stopping me from generating some bad anecdotal data! Science FTW!). Also, it's getting boring refreshing my gmail...

Lol I decided a while ago that there's no point trying to understand this process. My solution to e-mail -> set it on my iphone to show badges on lock screen so I don't have to keep refreshing like a maniac. Whenever the admissions gods decide to bestow their decision, it will be right there to slap me in the face.

9/25 is relatively "late" so don't sorry for at least a month.

For anyone who has already been to interview, when did your day wrap up? I have a visit coming up and want to see if it'd be possible to make a 5:30 flight out of Cleveland. Thanks!

For anyone who has already been to interview, when did your day wrap up? I have a visit coming up and want to see if it'd be possible to make a 5:30 flight out of Cleveland. Thanks!
We finished by 4pm. LONGEST but very informational and beautiful day (7am-4pm). I drove in from NYC, so I don't know how traffic is getting to Hopkins airport at that time, but it is a 25minute drive without traffic. Cutting it close, but if you only bring carry-on baggage, you will probably make it if your taxi driver drives fast!

It'll be rough! Try to catch a bit later flight (after 6:30)

9/25 is relatively "late" so don't sorry for at least a month.

I'm a bit confused by your post (don't sorry?). I am only expecting something because as you can see, people who were complete in October have heard back already with rejections/holds.

I'm a bit confused by your post (don't sorry?). I am only expecting something because as you can see, people who were complete in October have heard back already with rejections/holds.

Sorry, meant don't worry* The process is non linear. I was complete early august and got a UT and CT invite last week.

Haha ok that makes more sense. Thanks @Xenith, I'll remain patient. Congrats on your IIs!

Rejected today (after being placed on hold). Too bad, really loved this program. Good luck you guys!

I recently checked the portal and was pleasantly surprised with an II to the college track. I have no idea how long this has been there considering I have not visited the portal since completing my secondary mid-Sept. I was under the impression that I would be emailed about an II and in fact I frantically checked my spam folder for any misplaced emails. Perhaps this was a recent change and they have not had the opportunity to email just yet.

Very excited nonetheless.

Reactions: 2 users
One of my friends said they were accepted yesterday. Did the admissions timeline move up from the second week to now?

Does anyone remember when they said we could hear back? I can't remember.

One of my friends said they were accepted yesterday. Did the admissions timeline move up from the second week to now?
Not from CCLCM! If they said so, they are not truthful! First ranking meeting is on 12/8.

Reactions: 3 users
Not from CCLCM! If they said so, they are not truthful! First ranking meeting is on 12/8.

Huh. Well, I believe you adcom101. I guess that means either they misunderstood something or I did. Either way, thank you for the clarification!

Hi @adcom101 , do you happen to know if CCLCM still gives out interview invites?
Yes, but I do not think there are many slots are left. Interview dates are on Mon-Th-Fri for CCLCM and we will interview all 4 weeks in January. Last day of interview is Monday, 2/1/2016. I think we set a record for the number of applications for CCLCM this year with well over 1,900!

@adcom101 Thank you so much for all of your information! If they are meeting 12/8, when should interviewed candidates expect news?